shape
carat
color
clarity

8 stone diamond band from IDJ arrived today!

Howls_Castle_Mom

Rough_Rock
I've been lurking on PriceScope for quite some time, contrary to how young this account this. I started researching through PriceScope because I knew I wanted to upgrade my wedding band to something with more bling to hold it's own without my e-ring. After reading through several posts of "popular" vendors, I decided to send ID Jewelry a message to see what my ring would look like (visually and price-wise). I worked with Jonna the whole way through, and she was very helpful and always responded quickly. She helped me pick out the kind of ring I want, and I was told Yekutiel picked out the stones at the end. Once I made a final decision on the style I wanted, it arrived at my doorstep in about 2.5 weeks - just in time for my birthday! Many thanks to Jonna and IDJ!
20201008_162052602_iOS.jpg 20201008_162203061_iOS.jpg 20201008_162352133_iOS.jpg

Crazie4Cuts

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Hellooo Howls_Castle_Mom! Beautiful ring! can you provide more deets? We need size of stone, total carat weight, ring size, metal (plat or white gold) etc! How does it feel on your hand? And more pics too if you also wear it with your engagement ring?

Thanks,
-C4C

Tartansparkles

Brilliant_Rock
Wow, and since we're asking questions, would you mind sharing your finger size! :)

Howls_Castle_Mom

Rough_Rock
@Crazie4Cuts @pearaffair
Darn it, i tried to edit my original post, but I can't seem to find the function to do it? Not sure if there's anyone that'll still read this.. but here goes, hope it's helpful to someone else down the road.

Band specs:
size 3.75
14k white gold u-prong
8 stones at around .35ct each, 2.85ctw
color F
clarity SI1, eye clean

During the purchase process, I originally wanted to go for VS1 or VS2, but the advice given for stones this size was SI1 (eye clean/"PS quality").. I was hesitant about SI1, but the stones do look very clean!

I was also worried about the metal band showing if I don't go with a full eternity band. At first I thought 7 stones, but ended up going with 8 stones. For my ring size, 7 stones is exactly a 1/2 eternity band. So 8 stones is a touch more than halfway.

My e-ring does NOT match with this band.. i feel like it looks ridiculous together because of the way my e-ring is shaped; it's got a large halo. It was originally my mother-in-law's, and while I do think it has charm and meaning, it's really not my style. Which is why I wanted a nice wedding band upgrade to wear alone for everyday. And I plan to wear my engagement ring for nice occasions. I'll post more pics of the diamond band and also my engagement ring in case anyone wants to know...

20201008_190749349_iOS.jpg 20201008_193557246_iOS.jpg

IMG_6816.jpg 20201008_191228953_iOS.jpg 20201008_191209790_iOS.jpg

L

lydial

Hi... That is a lovely band... but I have to add an unsolicited comment on that e-ring. So... have you considered harvesting the center stone (to set as a daily-wear solitaire) from your e-ring... and go set that completely awesome setting with a killer colored stone, like a green tourmaline or a yellow topaz? That setting is screaming for a colored center stone. It is screaming to be worn all the time as a fun RHR. It just swallows the center diamond but it would be stellar with a colored stone! (IMO). Check out the CS forum.......

pearaffair

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh wow, I love all the details and pictures! Thank you for sharing! I love your band, I’m actually considering something very similar for myself (5-stone, 0.30ct each, size 5 finger) so it’s awesome to see yours!

But that engagement ring... wow! I love it so much. I can see how it wouldn’t be everyone’s style but I love it!!!

Gorgeous everything.

Let’s see the wedding band with the engagement ring?

pearaffair

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi... That is a lovely band... but I have to add an unsolicited comment on that e-ring. So... have you considered harvesting the center stone (to set as a daily-wear solitaire) from your e-ring... and go set that completely awesome setting with a killer colored stone, like a green tourmaline or a yellow topaz? That setting is screaming for a colored center stone. It is screaming to be worn all the time as a fun RHR. It just swallows the center diamond but it would be stellar with a colored stone! (IMO). Check out the CS forum.......

And selling the setting to meeee lol

L

lydial

And selling the setting to meeee lol

I know, right? It is actually spot on for design, but the center stone is off. It needs a perfectly round CS set a touch lower in the setting. Perfect with everything from jeans to evening dresses.....

Reactions: Kya

Ionysis

Brilliant_Rock

This!!! This is such an amazing idea and totally what I would do. But then maybe her MIL would go nuts.

gregchang35

Ideal_Rock
wow!!! noice!!!! well done! happy bday!

Howls_Castle_Mom

Rough_Rock
This!!! This is such an amazing idea and totally what I would do. But then maybe her MIL would go nuts.

you got it on the money.. before I even met my engagement ring, my MIL begged me to leave the ring as-is even if I don't like it. And I intend to follow her wishes! That being said... if I had it my way, I would have torn this baby apart already.

partgypsy

Ideal_Rock
Premium
beautiful ring! amazing finger coverage. yes I also thing that setting would look better showcasing a colored stone. but you know your MIL better than I.

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Your new ring is beautiful! I thought they were 1/2 carat stones but I guess they look so big because you have such tiny fingers (I'm jealous!=))

Could you at least lower the center stone in your ering (do you think she would notice?) It looks like it was not set correctly in the halo. I've never
seen a halo where you could see the culet from looking in through the side. I know...MIL may be an issue!

Crazie4Cuts

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
@Howls_Castle_Mom - woweee on the 8 stone band! It is stunning and so wearable for everyday! Thanks so much for all the stats and indulging me! And for all the additional pics! I totally understand about the engagement ring...it is a chunk for sure...and she must love you dearly to give it to you! Glad you want to abide by her wishes, maybe in the future she’ll change her mind and let you do what you wish! Enjoy it all!

-C4C

Monnyjay

Brilliant_Rock
Gorgeous ring, my seven stone is around the same carat weight per stone. It’s a nice presence on its own as well.
=)2

ZestfullyBling

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Your 8 stone is blingfully delicious! :love::appl:

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Beautifully blingy ❤️
8 times gorgeous!!!
Wear in good health and blingy joy!

pebbles7

Rough_Rock
Both rings are gorgeous, but I can see why the e-ring wouldn't be for everyday wear. Both of your rings make a statement on it own.

idealw2boys

Shiny_Rock
you got it on the money.. before I even met my engagement ring, my MIL begged me to leave the ring as-is even if I don't like it. And I intend to follow her wishes! That being said... if I had it my way, I would have torn this baby apart already.
Beautiful finger coverage. I have a 1/2 eternity from IDJ that are 5 pts each. The spinning does bother me so I wish I had done a full eternity band.

Sometimes the stones / prongs bother me when it rubs against my fingers.

How do you rate yours as far as comfort? Does it sit low? When you squeeze your fingers , does it bother you?

Sprinkles&Stones

Brilliant_Rock
Wow, now this is a perfect band! This is going to be what I use for inspiration photos, it is truly perfect!
I'm not sure if I missed it, but can you provide some specs on your e-ring too? what is the center diamond carat weight?

CONGRATS! SO PRETTY!

Ibrakeforpossums

Ideal_Rock
Wow, wow, wow! And so gorgeous on your lovely small hands.
Another case of small-hands envy.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results