shape
carat
color
clarity

8-star

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

toynaround

Rough_Rock
Looking at an eighstar with faint flouresence, is this an issue? Does flouresence effect quality-value?

How much more does one expect to pay for an 8-star versus a similiar "ideal"

thanks

StevL

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
Price, well that depends on where your shopping and what your comparing it to. If your looking at full service jewelers selling branded diamonds then you will see a small price difference. If your comparing internet pricing you may see a fairly wide range. Eightstar is not a Internet brand.

Bottom line, nothing is an Eightstar except an Eightstar. To compare is to compare apples and oranges.

The issue of faint flouresence is not an issue at all.

lawmax

Brilliant_Rock
My 8-Star has faint fluorescence....I love it!

:)

Greentree

Rough_Rock
I cleaned my wife's EightStar last night. Of course, I had to ogle it a bit under the loupe before handing it back.

Look at the EightStar under the loupe. Notice how all eight 'arrows' are visible simultaneously. Notice how all the arrow shafts and all the arrow heads are equal in size and shape. Notice how the arrow heads are properly aligned with the arrow shafts and are straight, not tilted.

Now look at another well cut diamond --you won't be able to find the pattern in a poorly cut one. Are all eight arrow shafts and arrow heads visible simultaneously? Or you see shafts with no heads, tilted heads, misshapen heads, etc. How do their sizes and shapes compare to the EightStar?

This comparison can be made with no special instrumentation --just the loupe. Try it.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results