shape
carat
color
clarity

8-main elongated cushion spam - plus a mystery

sempredolce

Rough_Rock
Recently made our first diamond purchase ever, a 2.13ct elongated cushion from LGD. After looking at dozens of videos, this one stood out to me particularly. Eventually I figured out it's the elusive 8-main cushion brilliant pattern that does it for me. This is the original video

While waiting for the order to confirm, I looked around for a plan B in case that one didn't come through... I found this one 2.63ct, a bit larger, but with the SAME photo and video.

I contacted LGD right away and they are looking into it. I guess the manufacturer provided them with the wrong video/image for one of these two stones.

Diamond arrived today and TBH I think it is nicer than the video anyway - less bowtie in person and clearer/whiter.
What do you think PSers, is this the stone in that video or no?

IGI links: The one I bought
The 2.63ct one I didn't buy

My own video, best I can do with my phone -

Stats on mine -
2.31 ct cushion brilliant E VS1
Table 64% total depth 66.9%
Excellent/excellent (polish/symmetry)
Med-slightly thick girdle
No florescence
Measurements: 9.33 x 6.95 x 4.65
Crown angle: 36.1°
Pavilion angle: 40.4°

IMG_8884 2.jpeg

Bsmom

Rough_Rock
Omg...I can't tell. My brain is fried from the day...I am sorry...it is nice though

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Your video is too far away to tell anything but your up-close picture looks good. Is it a keeper in your opinion?
Looks pretty nice to me.

0515vision

Brilliant_Rock
That's a beautiful cushion you found. Did LGD straighten out the videos? It's hard to compare your video with theirs. Either way, your stone is gorgeous. Congrats!

Runningmama

Shiny_Rock
I’m going against the grain. I don’t love it, but it could just be that it’s really hard to tell from that video

sempredolce

Rough_Rock
I love this! Did you specify elongated or 8 main in your search?

Thanks! I don't think there's a way to specify 8 main with LGD or similar vendors, you just have to look until you find one. You can specify the length/width ratio though, which will give you only elongated ones.

sempredolce

Rough_Rock
Your video is too far away to tell anything but your up-close picture looks good. Is it a keeper in your opinion?
Looks pretty nice to me.

Return window just passed, we decided to keep it. The only thing that bothers me a little is that the facets on the edge seem to look a little dark sometimes (you can see this a bit in the photo). For the price (just over $1K) I'm really happy - it doesn't seem to have many of the pitfalls of the affordable CVD diamonds like strain, brown/grey tint, fisheyes etc which I saw plenty of when searching.
I’m going against the grain. I don’t love it, but it could just be that it’s really hard to tell from that video

I hear - I've never bought a stone before and don't have a DSLR or other quality camera. Found it REALLY challenging to photograph and video without it just going out of focus!
That's a beautiful cushion you found. Did LGD straighten out the videos? It's hard to compare your video with theirs. Either way, your stone is gorgeous. Congrats!

I agree, the video doesn't seem so similar to me to the stone as it is in-person. Thank you!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results