shape
carat
color
clarity

8 CARAT ETERNITY BAND HELP! 3/4 or FULL?

AVETTE001

Rough_Rock
Honestly it sounds like a bad idea for multiple reasons. You say you are (awkward) not easy on rings, you want to pair with your wedding band aka every day ring, and with a size 4 ring, 8 carats is going to be overwhelming (bulky aka uncomfortable) on your finger. The other thing that confuses me, you say you are not a "diamond" person. An 8 carat eternity is an extremely blingy ring.

I think you are going to have to go much smaller with the stones.If you go a full eternity, be aware of likelihood of damaging the stones. EC stones are more vulnerable to damage than round cuts due to the flat tables and sharp edges.

My view? Start over. Try on a bunch of rings in person, including different cuts. Include eternities, but also 5, 7 stone and half bands, as well as bands that are mostly metal with stone accents that go all the way around. I think you are likely to find something that you like, that is more comfortable and doable as an every day ring. Or, take your idea and scale it way down. If same size stones, a 5 stone ring. Or use much smaller stones so there is proportionally more metal protecting the stones.

I was wondering the same thing which is why I wanted to ask advice from people who had experience wearing something similar and of that size. I'm not a "diamond" person in the sense that I'm not into diamonds. I don't own any. From a design standpoint, the solitaire diamond is just not for me. The only diamond look I happen to like is the full eternity one. It's an aesthetics thing for me. Perhaps .7 carats per stone is too big... again, I have zero experience with this so it's hard to judge. Maybe it's not meant to be an every day ring. I guess trial wearing is the only way to know for certain. Maybe I'll go half carat per stone... but in hindsight it's only a half a MM difference which is minuscule...

bludiva

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I was wondering the same thing which is why I wanted to ask advice from people who had experience wearing something similar and of that size. I'm not a "diamond" person in the sense that I'm not into diamonds. I don't own any. From a design standpoint, the solitaire diamond is just not for me. The only diamond look I happen to like is the full eternity one. It's an aesthetics thing for me. Perhaps .7 carats per stone is too big... again, I have zero experience with this so it's hard to judge. Maybe it's not meant to be an every day ring. I guess trial wearing is the only way to know for certain. Maybe I'll go half carat per stone... but in hindsight it's only a half a MM difference which is minuscule...

different size stones will also give you different heights of the band and you want to find one that's comfortable for your fingers. some people can't stand the feeling of the width, some people don't mind. i think ordering a few cz eternities in different sizes could help b/c you can take your time to see if they become comfortable vs. trying on for a few minutes in a store.

Sunstorm

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
How about you get two different rings potentially? One of this 70 pointer EC full eternity that you could wear for special occassions since you love the aesthetics so much? So do I. This is a dream ring come true.

And perhaps a EC five stone for every day with say a 1 -1.25 ct center. Just suggesting since you tried on a 1 ct each full eternity as an option, I guess perhaps the additional cost would not be a problem.

I am a terrible enabler.

AVETTE001

Rough_Rock
How about you get two different rings potentially? One of this 70 pointer EC full eternity that you could wear for special occassions since you love the aesthetics so much? So do I. This is a dream ring come true.

And perhaps a EC five stone for every day with say a 1 -1.25 ct center. Just suggesting since you tried on a 1 ct each full eternity as an option, I guess perhaps the additional cost would not be a problem.

I am a terrible enabler.

Haha. That would be the ideal, yes. Full eternity 1 carat stones I tried on just for fun. But I think your recommendation is great. 70 pointer is not practical as an every day ring I guess. So will be a waiting game for now until I receive the sample EB. If the faux version is comfortable, I will go with the full. If not, I will go with 3/4 version with some kind of bling (pave?) set in the 1/4 area so it's not just a small section of plain band. I'll update with photos :)

Thanks so much everyone, you've all been so helpful!

AV_

Ideal_Rock
Maybe I'll go half carat per stone... but in hindsight it's only a half a MM difference which is minuscule...

Not small relative to the max thickness of bearable bands - two mm for me, perhaps up to four mm, but not much more to anyone [I think.]

If you end up wishing for a smaller diamond band, it could be part of a ring like these with a diamond band & a main stone - www , www - the diamonds can go all around, sure enough; these are often cut on order.

Fingers crossed!

Last edited:

RosieR

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I wear a full eternity ring daily as my wedding/engagement ring. I am a size 5.5 but sized up to a 5.75 for this ring, to combat swelling. As my weight is pretty stable and I’m not having children I was happy to go with this style. I work with my hands so wear my ring on a chain when working, and doing dishes and cooking. Other than that I pretty much wear it all the time with no issues for the past 7 years. I would say go for it! It’s a beautiful ring option but as you have such petit fingers I would size down the diamonds to 0.4/0.5 carats per stone. Congratulations on your engagement and have fun shopping for your ring!!

Matthews1127

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@Jimmianne and @Matthews1127 : i, too, like the engraving and i think on the 1/4 part, it would look great. But, i think OP is interested in more bling. :)

Understood.
However, I believe the engraving idea was mentioned due to the issue of damage on the palm side of the ring.
Perhaps, @Jimmianne can elaborate, but that was the vibe I was picking up.
Ultimately, OP has to decide what is best, but, for me, it would either be full eternity with consistency (full risk of damage with larger stones), or 3/4 with engraving. Adding smaller stones to the palm side does not eliminate risk of damage or loss. I’d be all in, or adding detail to the open metal.

gregchang35

Ideal_Rock
Understood.
However, I believe the engraving idea was mentioned due to the issue of damage on the palm side of the ring.
Perhaps, @Jimmianne can elaborate, but that was the vibe I was picking up.
Ultimately, OP has to decide what is best, but, for me, it would either be full eternity with consistency (full risk of damage with larger stones), or 3/4 with engraving. Adding smaller stones to the palm side does not eliminate risk of damage or loss. I’d be all in, or adding detail to the open metal.

Agree on your points.
The sizes of the stones may also pose a comfort issue between the fingers, given the size 4. Also what might help is to get an appreciation of the length of the fingers. The shorter and stubbier the finger may have more of a comfort issue than longer fingers!!!
However, I think OP had tried the 1ct each stone full eternity and it was only too much of bling and ok for comfort.

hopefully, the correct ring size with the 0.7ct each emerald stone mold that she is getting, will help understand the comfort. though it must be said that the mold doesn’t have any stones in it.

Such an exciting project, I can’t wait to see/ hear how OP gets on with the wax moulds.

gregchang35

Ideal_Rock
@lulu001 i can’t wait to see how the wax molds feels and looks for you. Such an exciting project. Just remember thst the wax mold is only the setting of the eternity ring. Ie there are no stones in them... unless the jeweler is making a was mold for you with the exact ring size and width/ height to include the stones as well.

Soo much fun!!!

Ceilimom

Brilliant_Rock
I love full eternities for their timeless aesthetic and the fact thst my rings spin a lot and prefer not to see a gap. I have a couple of them: asschers (semi bezels) and carre (channel setting).

yes, resizing them is a problem.

i knew that when I got them. It was a hard financial decision to make recently to increase the size due to age and weight gain...

these eternities are occasional wear... though sometimes I wear them for weeks on end... I have several ring options, so I do rotate them frequently. I do baby them... I don’t wear them when cleaning around house or in the kitchen.

I rarely work in the garden, so that helps in preserving my rings! Lol.

Including metal- the width is 5mm and the height is about 3mm. My eternities and my solitaire bands “match”, so the feeling in between fingers are quite comfortable.

with your 0.7 Carat each emerald stone with average measurements of 5.93×4.39×2.85mm from google, there may or may ormay not have issues with comfort between fingers. You are going to pair it with a thin wedding band, if I recall... and in doing so, it may cause the feeling of the eternity to be more proud than the wedding band. It may or may not be an issue with comfort and feel between the fingers.

you say thst you damage things easily, so there could be more so, given the small size of your finger the bigger size of stones and ring that you are considering, I would consider a 5-7stone ring instead of full eternity. The way thst these are set sometimes sit nicely that the spin is minimal. Here is a profile view of what it could look like.

However, I would consider checking out eBay to see if there is something similar that you are after to try it on to know if that kinda setting suits/
Feels ok for you, before making purchase. I also understand thst yiu would be looking at getting a wax pattern/ mould made with a jeweler... as long as the jeweler understands thst you may change your mind to either a smaller size eternity or scrap the project cos of your comfort level.

And as you may already know- emerald/ step cuts are more prone to seeing the fingerprints... they are broad facets v smaller facets of say the MRB... this means more cleaning!! Lol.

Ritani offers EC anniversary bands in various configurations. When they have sales, you are able to save a significant amount. Their customer service is excellent, they strive to see you are pleased with your purchase. If you aren't happy, they don't charge a restocking fee in addition they offer free return shipping.

gregchang35

Ideal_Rock
4E1C940A-656B-43CA-AD81-0623350E8D7F.jpeg
i found this image and thought it might be helpful, though I do not know the size of the person finger to give it more perspective.
However, I recall that you have tried on a 1 carat each stone eternity and it was too much bling for you.

Anyway, I can’t wait to hear your thoughts when you have the wax model to try on.

of course, show us the pics ... hehe.

MsShnooks

Shiny_Rock
The band set with 30 pointers will look huge on a size 4 finger. I can’t even begin to imagine 70 pointers.

In your shoes, I think I’d go with full eternity as that’s what you love. I imagine that perhaps channel setting might protect the diamonds better. And if you’re ever very unlucky and something does happen, then just spend a bit on getting it fixed.

strawrose

Brilliant_Rock
I suggest looking at Berricle’s CZ emerald bands to get a feel for the size before committing. They have size 4s. If you decide it’s not for you, you’re only out 80 bucks.

Rubies-R-Me

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi!
Sorry if I'm late to this game.. I just saw this thread now.
I actually have just the ring you are thinking of getting.
It's size 4.25 and each stone is .80 for a total of around 11 carats. 14 stones I think.
Yes.. it's a bit thick between the fingers and yes I have to be super careful with it but the pleasure of wearing it outweighs any pesky negatives.
Hope that helps make a decision. =)2 IMG_3100.JPG IMG_3101.JPG

Hi!
It's size 4.25 and each stone is .80 for a total of around 11 carats. 14 stones I think.
Yes.. it's a bit thick between the fingers and yes I have to be super careful with it but the pleasure of wearing it outweighs any pesky negatives.

Holy moly, this is INCREDIBLE! I was always on the fence as far as eternities went but you have DEFINITELY put a honker of an eternity on my wish list! It is just freaking beyond gorgeous!

ls430FL

Rough_Rock
Interesting to hear that many are apprehensive to wear an eternity band everday. My mom has round 40 pointers that she has worn every single day for over 30 years. No damage and never lost a stone.

Half are beautiful too but can spin. The plus is they can be resized but you can always remake a full ring if you wanted to.

Weecam

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Hi!

OMG that’s just beautiful! :kiss2:

AntiqueMovalGal

Shiny_Rock
Hi!

It’s GORGEOUS!!! thanks so much for sharing. Do you wear it every day?

Rubies-R-Me

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks Weecam!! :wavey:
Thanks Antiquemovalgal! I got it 10 years ago for our 20th anniversary. :love:
I don't wear it every day anymore. When I first got it I did but now it's just in my "ring rotation." :D

Polabowla

Brilliant_Rock
Wowza that is absolutely incredible! That is some major bling!

jbake

Brilliant_Rock
Hi!

The hearts between the stones are so sweet! What a lovely ring! ❤️

GliderPoss

Ideal_Rock
Premium
In a size 4 if you want 8 carats you will be wearing ginormous ECs around like 0.8s... gasp, I think I am dying. While totally impractical the look is to die for IMHO. The only thing I would adore perhaps even more is the same with Asschers. Now, cannot imagine wearing something like this on a daily basis but I would try if I could.:))) Then again I would likely be paranoid every 5 minutes about having damaged a stone. If you want looks AND comfort perhaps try for a honker of an EC 5 stone.

I agree with above, I also have small fingers and think that anything above 0.50ct eternity must be incredibly uncomfortable! :eh: Looks amazing but would definitely suggest trying some fakes on first before you commit to anything.

flash_and_fire

Rough_Rock
Way late to the party here but wanted to chime in since I have a 3/4 eternity with 5 pointer asschers and I'm a size 4 as well. I like wearing my rings all the time and wear my rings doing housework, working out, etc. I tried that with my eternity and could not wear them for long with everyday wear because the bulging sides were uncomfortable. Not complaining, still love the ring and wear it on special occasions now. The spinning can be a problem, but it doesn't take away my love of the ring. Good luck to OP and can't wait to see your pics!

@Rubies-R-Me, what a gorgeous ring!! That ring would be life of any ring party!! :kiss2::love:

Rubies-R-Me

Ideal_Rock
Premium
:DHaahaaa! Thanks flash_and -fire!! I would love to be the life of the ring party!! :wavey:

stonehunter20

Shiny_Rock
oh wow, this ring looks like from avengers!! like it's going to give you super power!!! :lol-2:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results