shape
carat
color
clarity

8* and Scintillation

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

haunani

Rough_Rock
I''ve looked through the posts and done a search, but I came across conflicting statements/opinions on the performance of the 8*. Some posts stated that the scintillation was less than an ideal and some stated that it was equal/more... which is it? Being an engineer, I really like the idea of an 8*, but a high level of scintillation is one of my top requirements for a stone. Help!!

confused.gif
confused.gif
confused.gif

oldminer

Ideal_Rock
Trade
I have only seen a few of these and I am not a dealer in them. My experience was based on visual observation. I believe I saw highly brilliant stones with a bit more dispersion than most other ideal cuts. I felt there was plenty of scintillation, but it seemed to be in slightly larger or wider bit of dark and light rather than very slender needles of light and dark seen in most other ideal cut types.

Is that more or less? I can't be certain. The 8* has a different look than many other diamonds. It is up to the person buying it or the one who will wear it to decide if they want to go with the crowd or if they want something a little different. That's personal taste and not gemology.

haunani

Rough_Rock
Thank you very much for your comments. The different "type" of scintillation that you described would account for the differing opinions on whether there's more or less.
9.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results