shape
carat
color
clarity

$75 estate sale find....keep it or not?

dc20063

Rough_Rock
My fiancée and I scored this ring for $75 at an estate sale..its 14k gold, according to the stamp inside the band, & the diamond is about .31 carats. I don't know much about jewelry as far as what type of setting this is. The fiancée thought it was adorable. Should we keep it? Is there something that could be done with it to give it new life?

I apologize for the low quality pictures, it was hard to capture with my phone.

_25249.jpg

_25250.jpg

_25251.jpg

_25252.jpg

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

Do you have the opportunity to return it--is that what you are asking; whether you should? You went to an estate sale because you wanted...what....?

Probably worth that in gold scrap alone. @ $75 bucks it is a decent find.

Going forward, should you keep it, what do you want to do with it? Pendant? Right hand ring? Find a match for a set of earrings? Resell it?

Resetting it into above option(s) above will require another outlay of $, but part of it can be offset with the trade in of the 14K setting. Only you can decide what is "worth" it for you to do.

cheers--Sharon

dc20063

Rough_Rock
canuk-gal|1418692435|3801840 said:
HI:

Do you have the opportunity to return it--is that what you are asking; whether you should? You went to an estate sale because you wanted...what....?

Probably worth that in gold scrap alone. @ $75 bucks it is a decent find.

Going forward, should you keep it, what do you want to do with it? Pendant? Right hand ring? Find a match for a set of earrings? Resell it?

Resetting it into above option(s) above will require another outlay of $, but part of it can be offset with the trade in of the 14K setting. Only you can decide what is "worth" it for you to do.

cheers--Sharon

The pictures above are the actual ring. We were just browsing the estate sale, not looking for anything specific. My fiancée saw it and thought maybe it had potential for whatever she can dream up. ;))
To me, it looks like perhaps it was an old engagement ring...

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

Old engagement ring. Check.
Sky's the limit for jewellery dreams! :bigsmile:

cheers--Sharon

snfsdca

Rough_Rock
I would keep it. If you don't like it as is, the gold could be made into a bezel and it could be worn as a necklace.

ice empress

Shiny_Rock
If you and your fiancée are looking for a project, it could be fun to turn it into a bezel pendant.

podfoot

Rough_Rock
Worth the $75, in my opinion!

tmot14

Shiny_Rock
It would make a lovely little pendant! You could also have it bezeled to make it appear larger.

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I would take the diamond out and reset it into something that I can wear, like a simple inexpensive tension setting in Cobalt Chrome, and sell the gold as scrap.

DK :))

arkieb1

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Great buy for $75.00 I'd sell the ring for scrap and find a matching sized stone and make a pair of earrings out of it in bezels or as the others have suggested bezel it and put it into a pendant.

Siameseroo

Brilliant_Rock
Totally keep it! You could even keep it as is and stack it with other rings . It would look awesome stacked with a few coloured stones.

Cluless

Brilliant_Rock
it's a nice find for the price keep it

rainydaze

Ideal_Rock
Premium
For that price, keep it! It's sweet, and a thoughtful momento from your fiancé - that's priceless!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results