shape
carat
color
clarity

7 stone engagment ring

williamchris

Rough_Rock
hay guys and girls thanks for all the help and advice and talking with whiteflash i think i am still going to go with the 7 stone ring i talked about earlier. I will be posting pictures of the ring as soon as i gets in. by the way i live in savannah ga anyone have any suggestions on proposals my soon to be fiance doesnt like anything public so any ideas on how to do it and make it special would be great

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
We have a proposal board, and they love to help people just like you. So I suggest you post there.

If you are getting a seven stone band, are you sure she will like that style (I need to read the previous thread, this might be moot). Her preference matter, not the boards, on her jewelry.

distracts

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Gypsy, it is based on this setting, with a 1 ct center stone, and she pointed out that kind of setting to him as the one she liked best:
http://www.whiteflash.com/gallery/diamond-engagement-rings/custom-7-stone-u-prong-diamond-engagement-ring-25101.htm

Williamchris, you know you'd better post pictures of that ring when you get it, right?!

The proposal board could be a good place to get advice. Off the top of my head, though, I'd do a romantic date night (maybe even let her pick the activities - anything she wants, even if it isn't something you would normally enjoy doing with her) and propose when you get home. If you can have a close friend or relative who won't spill the beans come in and put some flowers around your house/apt while you are out, that could be a nice touch. I think sometimes guys are worried too much about making it special in externally obvious ways when what she is actually going to find special is that you want to spend the rest of your life with her! No matter how you propose, it will be special to her. It is very sweet that you are taking her considerations of not having it in public into account - your proposal may not seem bombastic to an outsider or have cheering onlookers, but I know to her it will mean that you know her well and really do love her in the way that you should, and she will remember that forever.

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Ignore my post then! I thought it was a seven stone band with stones of the same size (anniversary band style). :wavey:

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Maybe dinner near the beach and walk out on the beach and propose in the moonlight? That is always a romantic idea! We go to the beach near Charleston but I just don't know Savannah as well.

(Even though there is a proposal section, not as many people post there. But you might be able to read some of the suggestions there.)

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Given this some thought.

What are hobbies that the two of you do together?

Do you go bike riding? Are you foodies and love to cook? Do you road trip? Hiking? Photography? Music? Sports games? Reading together? Sailing?

Whatever it is that to you says: "Us time!" I would bring that into the proposal.

So if you guys love bike rides, plan a detour off your path for a pit stop somewhere to look at a nice view, and have a blanket waiting all spread out, and propose (blanket is A) if you want to get on your knees you don't scar yourself and B) if you want to sit there together and enjoy you can do so comfortably).

If you guys are foodies, make her favorite meal for her that you make, put on some music and after dinner propose.

Road trip? Similar to Bike Ride. Plan a pit stop somewhere lovely and private.

Hiking-- same as Road trip and Bike Ride.

Photography? Hire a photographer you both like to capture your moment when you propose, but do it somewhere meaningful and private.

Music-- record something for her, sing to her... whatever.

Sports games? Go to a sport game together then AFTER (when you are in private) propose to her.

Reading together... while your sitting side by side tell her you want her to read a passage (insert a page into the book you are reading, or load a PDF with you proposal on it) and have her read it.

Go to your favorite spot for sailing. Propose.

The day you propose is going to be special because it's the day you propose. If you just put a little thought into what activities the two of you enjoy doing together. If you show forethought and preparation and planning she'll appreciate it. Don't lose the ring. Make sure to tell her how you feel.

williamchris

Rough_Rock
thank you so much for everyones help and i will deff be posting pics of the ring and hopefully fingers crossed the happy fiance. I like everyones ideas for proposals i was thinking about a few of the same ideas im just wondering does anyone know how long whiteflash normally takes to make a custum ring

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results