shape
carat
color
clarity

7 mm diamond = 1.75 ct?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

renton12

Rough_Rock
Can anyone tell me if there is a general rule of thumb for mm and carats?

I saw a cushion stone that measures 7 mm. The seller said it was 1.75 ct, but the stone looked a bit smaller.

thanks!

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

renton12

Rough_Rock
Thanks so much for the link.

The problem is that the charts that I have found don''t have a cushion cut mm to carat chart. The closest that I have found is a Princess cut conversion chart. I know the difference between the 2 cuts, but would the Princess cut chart work (more or less) for a cushion cut?

JulieN

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Sometimes cushions face up smaller. sometimes that''s a good thing and sometimes it''s not. Don''t worry too much if it looks like a 1.75... if it speaks to you and you are happy with the face up size...it''s fine.

Haven

Super_Ideal_Rock
Cushions aren''t as straightforward as RBs because there isn''t an ideal cut for them. My own cushion is 2.01 carats, and it faces up at 7.81 x 6.93. I saw several cushions that faced up larger and weighed less, and many that faced up smaller and weighed more.

You just have to trust your eye and see what speaks to you with cushions.

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
Ditto to Haven.

Since I deal mostly with gemstones I often try to use this to get an idea of what mm I''m dealing with, and a rough idea of what it would translate to with a diamond. It''s a little bit off, but it gives you an idea once it''s at 100%. I think it''s closer to real life at 90%. Anyway, I find it helpful. Linky

renton12

Rough_Rock
Wow! Thanks so much for all the help you''ve provided.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results