shape
carat
color
clarity

7 days for me too

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

donroband

Rough_Rock
I've got seven days too. The rock arrived today and thought I'd ask for your thoughts:

First, the stats:

Round, 1.82 Ct.
Polish: Good
Symetry: Very Good
Clarity: SI2 (on-line broker said she couldn't see anything w/the naked eye, neither can I even with a chart)
Color: G
Flourescence: None
7.84/7.92/4.72
Crown Angle: 33.8
Crown Height: 13.6%
Pavil Angle: 39.9
Pavil Depth: 41.6%
Culet .6%
Table Size: 59.4%
Total Depth: 59.4%
Girdle Thick: 1.2-2.6%

I'm having it appraised here in Minneapolis (shipped from Diamond Brokers of Fla).

Price is just under 10K.

Let me know what you think in terms of quality and bang for buck.

Don

JayTee

Rough_Rock
CutNut,
Adjustments? Any info you can shed on what the adjustments will do to current stone scores?
Just want to make sure that my 0.7 TIC stone doesn't all of a sudden become a 3.4 - Only buy if price is a concern.

Garry H (Cut Nut)

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade
Shallow stones below a continum of 30C 40.5P to 36C 39.5P will score nearer 2.
We have found these stones are very popular with older people, but less so with young people who examine them from very close up.

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
Boo hoo..I expect that this means my poor 29.9 crown angle stone will now be over a 2 on the HCA. How will the revised HCA score diamonds that have a shallower crown angle and a pavilion that is inline with an ideal..or vice versa?

;-)

Rhino

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Hi Donro,

Here are 2 possible combinations (out of many) of what you may or may not have.

I've changed the parameters of the minor facets in each image. Take note of the "Cut Quality" scores and how they vary from the 2 examples. I would of course emphasize the importance of having it appraised by a good appraiser if you really want to know how good or bad the stone actually is and the details surrounding it's actual brilliancy and/or light return. The pics are simulated FireScope pics.

Hope this helps.

Peace,
Rhino

donroband01.jpg

Rhino

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Here's the other.

Peace,
Rhino

donroband02.jpg

donroband

Rough_Rock
Thanks for the help. I received a Gemex Guide Light Performance Analysis for the stone, and it came up:

White Light: High (almost very high)
Color Light: Very High (almost high)
Scintiillation: Very High (at the max)

Are these reports of use?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results