shape
carat
color
clarity

63 diamonds- engagement diamond crown &hidden halo setting

ChristaDiane

Rough_Rock
Hi all!
So when my engagement ring was purchased, it was in a 6 prong white gold setting. I was really loving the look of a hidden halo setting, so I went to my jeweler with a couple pictures of what I was looking for. She found me a diamond crown arched hidden halo pave setting consisting of 62 melee pave diamonds, not including my engagement diamond. I really don’t see many of these settings. 8C064E55-0187-48CB-999E-C233DB5824C7.jpeg It is monthly maintenance since it was finished and maybe that’s why I don’t see many, if any with this type of setting. Wondering your thoughts on this type of setting and maybe why you think you would, or would not be interested in one for yourself. Also, do you think really think a hidden halo makes your main stone look bigger ? I’ve read it’s a 15 percent increase look to your main diamond, but I’m not sure I think that’s true.. do you ?
I’ll post some pix of it below, and welcome all comments! Thanks in advance!!

Attachments

• 6AD0B9ED-9C5E-4AA7-A46A-5A20912660D0.jpeg
    6AD0B9ED-9C5E-4AA7-A46A-5A20912660D0.jpeg
    112.8 KB · Views: 16

whitewave

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I can’t see how the metal will have structural integrity with so little metal. Also, the melee will likely pop out at some point.

ChristaDiane

Rough_Rock
@whitewave
Hi,
Yes it looks like not much metal, but all stones have had a platinum plating around them done by hand, so if one ( plus ) were to take a hit, the diamonds would be pushed into the metal per my jeweler. I was worried that this was going to be a very troublesome setting and I would lose many stones when it was completed, but it has held up for 5 months as of now and as I said, all stones are checked monthly. I would hope my jeweler would not have set my stone in this setting If she didn’t think it would hold up, as she has advised me on other pieces quite honestly in the past. Who knows… maybe I’ll have to reset it one day in something sturdier, but as of now I love all the sparkle it gives off, and that is what this forum is mostly about.
Thanks!

Last edited:

foxinsox

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi all!
So when my engagement ring was purchased, it was in a 6 prong white gold setting. I was really loving the look of a hidden halo setting, so I went to my jeweler with a couple pictures of what I was looking for. She found me a diamond crown arched hidden halo pave setting consisting of 62 melee pave diamonds, not including my engagement diamond. I really don’t see many of these settings. 8C064E55-0187-48CB-999E-C233DB5824C7.jpeg It is monthly maintenance since it was finished and maybe that’s why I don’t see many, if any with this type of setting. Wondering your thoughts on this type of setting and maybe why you think you would, or would not be interested in one for yourself. Also, do you think really think a hidden halo makes your main stone look bigger ? I’ve read it’s a 15 percent increase look to your main diamond, but I’m not sure I think that’s true.. do you ?
I think it’s pretty but I personally just can’t get on board with something that needs a monthly visit to the jeweller to check it. I’m too busy for that!
I thjn you’re right to doubt the claim that a hidden halo makes the stone look bigger - I’m not sure how it could increase the look of the stone since it’s tucked in under the girdle from the close up you’ve posted.
This is the sort of hidden halo that could do that..
98759543-073B-41FA-861B-1CED9E1178D7.jpeg

Or this style where the edge of the setting is visible from the top. 54B530DD-62D4-484D-8090-B62D239CEFDA.jpeg

It is a lovely and, I’m sure, sparkly ring and most importantly sounds like it makes you happy!

whitewave

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I apologize, in that I didn’t realize this is your actual setting. I thought you were considering it. (It was late and I was sleepy).

It is a beautiful ring and I have no doubt it is super sparkly. I was trying to find a picture of my asscher because I have a sort of a hidden halo that does add a tiny bit but it’s slight. Very slight.

66B14DF9-7F0A-4BD1-869A-7AB80428BA4A.jpeg

8C5AA6D0-7C9B-440B-8E96-0E72E3D8B3BB.jpeg

it’s in the safe because a prong is lifting slightly. I don’t have a profile shot handy.

I wouldn’t call yours a hidden halo. I’d call it something like a micropave gallery.

ChristaDiane

Rough_Rock
I think it’s pretty but I personally just can’t get on board with something that needs a monthly visit to the jeweller to check it. I’m too busy for that!
I thjn you’re right to doubt the claim that a hidden halo makes the stone look bigger - I’m not sure how it could increase the look of the stone since it’s tucked in under the girdle from the close up you’ve posted.
This is the sort of hidden halo that could do that..
98759543-073B-41FA-861B-1CED9E1178D7.jpeg

Or this style where the edge of the setting is visible from the top. 54B530DD-62D4-484D-8090-B62D239CEFDA.jpeg

It is a lovely and, I’m sure, sparkly ring and most importantly sounds like it makes you happy

ChristaDiane

Rough_Rock
@foxinsox
Beautiful vintage setting! I love an OEC is what I’m guessing, as I inherited 3 from my grandmother, and actually wanted to go that route, but was engaged before I could tell him what I wanted. Yes, I see the slight halo, and I see how it gives a slightly bigger look. Gorgeous!! I should have explained “monthly maintenance “. It’s actually 15 minutes at my jeweler with a nice chat a ring cleaning. Not much time, but I totally understand how that could be a nuisance with a very busy life. Thanks for your input!

ChristaDiane

Rough_Rock
I apologize, in that I didn’t realize this is your actual setting. I thought you were considering it. (It was late and I was sleepy).

It is a beautiful ring and I have no doubt it is super sparkly. I was trying to find a picture of my asscher because I have a sort of a hidden halo that does add a tiny bit but it’s slight. Very slight.

66B14DF9-7F0A-4BD1-869A-7AB80428BA4A.jpeg

8C5AA6D0-7C9B-440B-8E96-0E72E3D8B3BB.jpeg

it’s in the safe because a prong is lifting slightly. I don’t have a profile shot handy.

I wouldn’t call yours a hidden halo. I’d call it something like a micropave gallery.

@whitewave
Love your ring ! Gorgeous asscher cut and such a white stone !! That’s okay. It was late, lol!
I do see how your ring does have that slightly bigger look. I’d love to see it from the side. Better get that puppy fixed so you can wear it again. Yes, I would agree on micro pave gallery, and maybe that’s what it’s called ? I have no idea because, like I said, I don’t see many.. maybe one or two, and there has been no name ?
Thanks again !!

whitewave

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I found another pic just now… I’ll try to find a profile also.

BBC04EDC-BA3D-47DD-9CC2-4793369DE9D7.jpeg

image.jpg

not great photos. But you can see the halo diamonds face up and not out.

we are currently in the car traveling, so that is the best I can find unless you find my thread about the ring. It might be in the CVB ID jewelry in the show me the bling board.

how do you clean your gorgeous ring? I would say to not use a magnasonic or ultrasonic cleaner.

ChristaDiane

Rough_Rock
@whitewave
Oh, I see.. you have quite a few melee’s yourself! Very pretty! To clean it I will soak it shortly in liquid dish soap and gently clean with a baby toothbrush, but I try not to do it much, as I fear I might go missing a stone. I also get it cleaned when I see my jeweler to get my stones checked. I personally would be afraid to use an ultrasonic cleaner, as I would be afraid the stones might come loose and just would kindly say to you to avoid them yourself. Go the safer route and do a quick soak and light scrub. I have had stones fall out of other rings when using one of those long ago. Just fyi ;)2

whitewave

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@whitewave
Oh, I see.. you have quite a few melee’s yourself! Very pretty! To clean it I will soak it shortly in liquid dish soap and gently clean with a baby toothbrush, but I try not to do it much, as I fear I might go missing a stone. I also get it cleaned when I see my jeweler to get my stones checked. I personally would be afraid to use an ultrasonic cleaner, as I would be afraid the stones might come loose and just would kindly say to you to avoid them yourself. Go the safer route and do a quick soak and light scrub. I have had stones fall out of other rings when using one of those long ago. Just fyi ;)2

Yes, while the designer told me I can use the ultrasounic as much as I want, I am using it much less. Asschers get very filthy though, so I do use nearly boiling water and mr. clean citrus.

ChristaDiane

Rough_Rock
Yes, while the designer told me I can use the ultrasounic as much as I want, I am using it much less. Asschers get very filthy though, so I do use nearly boiling water and mr. clean citrus.

Huh.. I have never heard of cleaning them that way. Interesting.

ChristaDiane

Rough_Rock
Hi all!

Sorry about the picture with the WRONG side of my stone pictured, as there is an obvious black carbon spot just under my girdle that was hidden when my ring was bought. You cannot see it from the top, but I’m not sure why it was not hidden again when it was reset, ugh ! :confused:
Like a birthmark, I know it’s my stone tho.

whitewave

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Sorry about the picture with the WRONG side of my stone pictured, as there is an obvious black carbon spot just under my girdle that was hidden when my ring was bought. You cannot see it from the top, but I’m not sure why it was not hidden again when it was reset, ugh ! :confused:
Like a birthmark, I know it’s my stone tho.

It means it’s real!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results