shape
carat
color
clarity

60/60 Diamond - Opinions on Stone

MichaelT123

Rough_Rock
Hi Price Scope Fam,
I'm looking to purchase a earth mined diamond for my girlfriend and I'm working with my jeweler and he recommended this diamond.

It's a 60% Depth and 60% Table (which I heard is a great proportion) and it seems that the crown and pavillon angles are excellent according from this website below:
https://www.whiteflash.com/diamond-education/60-60-diamonds/

One thing that I'm unsure is that the cut score is really low on StoneAlgo. Does anyone have any opinions of this diamond?

Thanks in advance,

Diamond - Reddit #1.png
Thanks in advance!

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Price Scope Fam,
I'm looking to purchase a earth mined diamond for my girlfriend and I'm working with my jeweler and he recommended this diamond.

It's a 60% Depth and 60% Table (which I heard is a great proportion) and it seems that the crown and pavillon angles are excellent according from this website below:
https://www.whiteflash.com/diamond-education/60-60-diamonds/

One thing that I'm unsure is that the cut score is really low on StoneAlgo. Does anyone have any opinions of this diamond?

Thanks in advance,

Diamond - Reddit #1.png
Thanks in advance!

Do you have pictures or videos of the diamond to share?

MichaelT123

Rough_Rock
Do you have pictures or videos of the diamond to share?

He only provided these three photos, with one of them showing the white inclusion (all white I believe):

IMG_6437.png

Attachments

• IMG_6438.png
    IMG_6438.png
    642.3 KB · Views: 14
  • IMG_6439.png
    IMG_6439.png
    584.9 KB · Views: 14

0515vision

Brilliant_Rock
That’s a super shallow crown angle of 32 with a resultant shallow crown height of only 12.5. Sure, they paired it was a steep pavilion angle of 41.8, but this quite far from what PSers typically look for, even in a 60/60.

Hope that starts to answer your Stone Algo question. I’m sure some experts will elucidate further.

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
Hmmm... its not my favourite make of MRB. The stone will favour white light return and have a very splintery facet pattern -- can you see how thin the arrows are? The head on shot is also showing more darkness between the arrows near the center than I like to see. It might looks dark and not as lively as it could.

Have you seen it in person? Have you been able to compare to other styles of cut, like a stone with a smaller table, shorter lower halves, and a higher crown (my favoured make?

And how does the price compare to others you have access to?

0515vision

Brilliant_Rock
Are you open to PSers searching for a stone for you? If so, let us know your parameters and budget. The sleuths here are always happy to help!

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
No, unfortunately I am not a fan. 60/60 type of diamonds are not as popular today as they once were but there are some pretty ones to be found. Unfortunately, the numbers on this one don’t look promising. Can we help you?

MichaelT123

Rough_Rock
Hi everyone, thanks for your responses, I appreciate everyone taking their time and providing me input.

I will work with my jeweller to find another diamond.

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi everyone, thanks for your responses, I appreciate everyone taking their time and providing me input.

I will work with my jeweller to find another diamond.

Just as a point of reference, here is a super ideal cut diamond in the same color/clarity/size. This is not a 60/60 diamond and I am not sure if the 60/60 is your preference or not. Look at the images and videos of this diamond to see what you think.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results