shape
carat
color
clarity

6 prong w bagueettes

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

newguy55

Rough_Rock
Trying to find a Tiffany style 6 prong with baguettes. So far I''ve only been able to find this style w 4 prong. One jeweler however said its easy to swap out the 4 prong for a 6. Is this true? Suggestions?

diamondnovice

Shiny_Rock
Either you can have a jeweler swap out the head or you can see if the jewelry manufacturer/designer will do it during production. I have a Scott Kay setting that normally comes with four prongs, but we had Scott Kay modify the head to a six prong. In fact, the store we bought it from sent them our stone and Scott Kay set it for us too.

Here is a link to pictures of my ring. It includes the original ring and also my modified ring.

bht122

Rough_Rock
Take a look at this setting, I found it on ebay a while ago.

200hsi3round1.jpg

bht122

Rough_Rock

200hsi3round4.jpg

Shappy

Rough_Rock
My jeweler changed a 4 prong to a 6 prong for me since I had lost my previous diamond (it was a 4 prong and just one prong breaking lost me the diamond). The jeweler told me the heads on his rings are just "dummies" anyway-he doesn't choose the head until he sees the diamond and can size appropriately.
I have two rows of baguettes on either side of diamond (.7 baguette total)-I like the contrast in shape--the baguettes aren't as sparkly as the round so the round really is highlighted.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results