shape
carat
color
clarity

6-prong platimun heavy tiffany setting from WF

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

poorredman

Rough_Rock
Anybody have experience with the "platinum heavy" tiffany setting from WF? Specifically the 6-prong version? How does this compare to the knife-edge? Trying to figure out if there will be any issues with finding a band at a later date that fits well with it. I''m going solo on making this decisions as it is a suprise for the lucky lady. Here is the stone I''m looking to put with it:

http://www.whiteflash.com/round_ideal_cut/Round-Ideal-Cut-cut-diamond-183737.htm

http://www.whiteflash.com/Engagement-Rings/Styles/Solitaire/Platinum-Heavy--Tiffany--Style_715.htm#

Thanks!

Eric

JulieN

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Is the stone eye-clean? You might want to use the 14K $180 solitaire setting, and let the lady decide on her own setting. I think the Tiffany style is a little utlitarian.

poorredman

Rough_Rock
Thanks for the reply JulieN. I stared at this stone, and a few others, during a visit to WF on Friday and I could not see any of the inclusions shown on the AGS report.

As for the setting, when I originally started my research a simple setting is what I had thought would be best, and then let her figure out what she wants long term. But knowing her, she does not like spending money on herself and she probably wouldn''t change the setting for a long time. So I''d at least like make the initial choice more substantive than the cheapest setting WF offers.

Sundial

Ideal_Rock
I''m afraid I don''t have an answer to your question, but I just wanted to say that it looks like you found a terrific looking diamond there and if you had the chance to inspect it in person even better! I think the setting is a classic and she can always choose a fancier wedding band to go with it if she likes. You could probably ask Whiteflash about which style goes better with a band. Good luck with your proposal!!!

shiftworker

Rough_Rock
Congratulations Poorredman. I''ll bet she loves it. I was at WF 2 days before you and I bought a very similar stone. My whole experience at WF was great.

I thought a control room full of computers and big screens was expensive per square foot. That big office building full of jewelry is in a whole other league.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results