shape
carat
color
clarity

6 months till the day and nothing has been done...?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

GarysBride

Shiny_Rock
1Quite frankly im a wee bit worried! our wedding date is October 13th. we''ve looked at a few venues but havent booked anything we know who we want to cater it but haven''t booked that either! so far the only thing thats been done is buying my dress and music/dj!

Other than my FI no one has offered to help us with anything! no one! im not talking money wise either just help with getting stuff done ect!

we recently relocated to WA for work but were getting married in sunny San Diego CA where were both from! why is it that no one has even asked if they should help?? not even my maid of honor! im sorta fed up!

We have a wedding planner too but she just gave birth to a baby and I don''t want to be a bridezilla ! At this point I dont even know what to do! like where to start!
you lovely ladies are always so kind please direct me on the right path! thank you!
Im so lost and in a funk about all this!!!
32.gif
32.gif
32.gif

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
You haven''t done much of anything, but are fed up that no one else has helped you out? Girl, you gotta get off your tooshie!

Make a list, check it twice and get it done. Book your venue asap. Then get a photographer. Do tastings, find invites, etc etc. I''m sure the much more talented girls here will have organized lists they could share (I was a very disorganized bride) This is your wedding...you and your fiance will have to plan it!

As for your wedding planner...that is nice you are being sensitive to her situation, but if you are paying her, you will need to find out when and what she can help you with, or find another wedding planner.

candctroll

Rough_Rock
Eeeeeekkkkkkkkkkkssss!?!?! And I thought we were bad off. Not to worry though my first wedding was planned in 3 months and went off without a hitch. This one we will have had 8 months go get ready and it''s driving me mad.

With that being said start looking online for a wedding workbook. I think we pulled ours off the Martha Stewart website. (I think)

First thing first
-Set a budget
-Decide on venue
-Decide on how many you are going to invite
-Choose attendants
-Book officiant
-Book caterer
-Think about flowers
-Think about wedding cake
-Thik about music
-Think about photographer
-Start choosing invitations.

-This list should get you started. If you can''t find one and want a more thorough list email me at [email protected] and I will get you one.

You can do this! I am pretty much planning our wedding myself and paying for it. My parents live 4 hrs away and are doing all they can. His are an hour and a half and haven''t done anything. Grrrr!?!?!?

We are here for you. ***Hugs hugs***

GarysBride

Shiny_Rock
Date: 3/1/2007 7:44:22 PM
Author: candctroll
Eeeeeekkkkkkkkkkkssss!?!?! And I thought we were bad off. Not to worry though my first wedding was planned in 3 months and went off without a hitch. This one we will have had 8 months go get ready and it''s driving me mad.

With that being said start looking online for a wedding workbook. I think we pulled ours off the Martha Stewart website. (I think)

First thing first

-Set a budget

-Decide on venue

-Decide on how many you are going to invite

-Choose attendants

-Book officiant

-Book caterer

-Think about flowers

-Think about wedding cake

-Thik about music

-Think about photographer

-Start choosing invitations.

-This list should get you started. If you can''t find one and want a more thorough list email me at [email protected] and I will get you one.

You can do this! I am pretty much planning our wedding myself and paying for it. My parents live 4 hrs away and are doing all they can. His are an hour and a half and haven''t done anything. Grrrr!?!?!?

We are here for you. ***Hugs hugs***

thank you so much! the list helps
heres what we have done so far i guess..

-Set a budget: DONE!

-Decide on venue: Currently still looking

-Decide on how many you are going to invite: Done!

-Choose attendants:DONE!

-Book officiant: have two need to choose one!

-Book caterer: Just need to let him know when and where....

-Think about flowers: thought about them but im having color issues

-Think about wedding cake: know what we want just need to find a decent cake maker in SD

-Thik about music: Done!

-Think about photographer: ......

-Start choosing invitations: just need to order them!

So i guess we do have some things done lol!

decodelighted

Super_Ideal_Rock
It''s not too late .. don''t panic! We planned our whole wedding March-Oct last year & it turned out fine. Venue is the main thing - the most desirable ones get booked a year in advance but I''m sure you''ll find some place lovely or luck out with a cancellation.

BUT -- I''d stop expecting people to OFFER to help. If I''d waited for that -- I''d still be waiting now! Especially since you''re so far from folks now ... out of sight/out of mind ... hate to say it but it''s true!

If there are specific expectations you have of certain people ... VOICE THEM. It''s your responsibility to communicate your needs & wants -- not vice versa.
2.gif

E B

Ideal_Rock
First of all, you have 7 and a half months. There''s an extra month and a half more than you thought you had.

Definitely make a list of all the things you need to do in order of importance (venue first! photographer second! caterer close behind!) and check them off slowly. You''ll be fine.

Aurelia

Shiny_Rock
Someone on here aptly pointed out that NOBODY will care as much about your wedding as you do. This is not to seem mean or anything disrespectful, it''s just a reminder that YOU care most about the wedding and all the crazy details & planning that comes with it.

That being said, YOU need to take charge & have some initiative with the planning. Take your 7 1/2 months & tackle small pieces of it at a time. Don''t get overwhelmed. Focus on picking your venue first -- that can help solidify the date, time, mood, dressiness, etc. of your wedding.

BREATH! Give the dachshund a hug... then pick up the phone and start making some calls!

Aurelia

So_happy

Brilliant_Rock
Theknot.com has an enormous list that includes the itty bitty details (i.e. think about ordering invitations) as well as the big ones (i.e. order your invitations). If you enter in your wedding date it will automatically suggest to you what is "late" and what is going as planned. It may motivate you :) (warning.....it may also scare you as Knot goes on a 1-year time frame so you may see lots of overdue things)

We have a 10-month engagement and I remember signing on to the Knot about 3 weeks into that and man on man did I have some catching up to do lol.

cara

Ideal_Rock
Yeah, people don''t just offer to help most of the time. They think they are imposing or something. FMIL wanted to help and see all the girly stuff (dresses, flowers) but didn''t want to come right out say it and possibly step on toes, so it took me a while to figure out she actually wanted to be useful. My mom in principle is willing to help, has taken on certain tasks, but the level of handholding that looks like will be required combined with giving up artistic and logistical control AND listening to her procrastinate and say she''ll do it next week, next week, oh maybe next week makes me think that it certainly isn''t easier having her "help" or even a good idea. My roommate had the same problem with her mom, so... Take your blessings where they come.

Since you''ve got a budget, dress, and hopefully a clue about # of ppl, next are:
Venue, caterer, photographer. Get those done soon! Then more fun stuff, BM dresses and invites, florist. These three kind of go together in terms of making the color scheme happen. Oh, officiant. need one of those.

Then get one of those knot lists to figure out whats missing.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results