shape
carat
color
clarity

6 diamond band! Need help!

rgp

Rough_Rock
Hi! I just had this 6 diamond band- 1 carat in yellow gold made. It looks funny with my wedding/engagement because it’s bigger and white gold. Should I have it remade in white gold so it at least is the same as my wedding set or leave it yellow? And how should I stack it?! Thanks!! Also- pictures of your 5 stone bands is much appreciated!! image.jpg image.jpg

RMOO

Brilliant_Rock
Can we see a picture of it stacked with your engagement/wedding rings?

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm a fan of mixed metals so it doesn't bother me* that its not the same as your wedding band/engagement set.

I probably wouldn't wear it with your engagement set...its kind of large to pair together (again, my opinion and what I*
would do).

You may be able to have it rhodium plated instead of having it remade in white gold. Ask whoever made it for you if that's
a possibility (if you decide you want it silver).

BTW...there are 5 stone ring threads in the Show Me the Bling forum.

RMOO

Brilliant_Rock
I like mixed metal stacks as well, so it wouldn't bother me. I do like it paired with your plain wedding band. Is that band yellow gold? It's hard to tell in the picture. If so, you would two nice sets in different metal color to switch between. I'm not sure how I feel about them all together. I will say that I like the 6 stone on the bottom of the stack better (closer to your wrist) instead of the other way. What does it look like with the 6-stone first, then diamond wedding band, then e-ring put on last?

Tartansparkles

Brilliant_Rock
I think it looks good with your wedding band, together they look nice and substantial. Here is my 6 stone with a platinum band (around 1mm width) to give an idea of what similar colours would look like. I tend to wear the 6 stone on its own though, the more I try to add, the more I think it actually takes away from the simplicity of the diamonds. But I do like the look of yellow gold and platinum together.
IMG_20211110_175637539.jpg

rgp

Rough_Rock
I think it looks good with your wedding band, together they look nice and substantial. Here is my 6 stone with a platinum band (around 1mm width) to give an idea of what similar colours would look like. I tend to wear the 6 stone on its own though, the more I try to add, the more I think it actually takes away from the simplicity of the diamonds. But I do like the look of yellow gold and platinum together.

Oh I love that! That is kinda what I was thinking also!

rgp

Rough_Rock
I like mixed metal stacks as well, so it wouldn't bother me. I do like it paired with your plain wedding band. Is that band yellow gold? It's hard to tell in the picture. If so, you would two nice sets in different metal color to switch between. I'm not sure how I feel about them all together. I will say that I like the 6 stone on the bottom of the stack better (closer to your wrist) instead of the other way. What does it look like with the 6-stone first, then diamond wedding band, then e-ring put on last?

The plain band is yellow gold also! It’s not my wedding band- but with little kids and playing outside 24/7 it’s just easier to wear in the summer! I think maybe I will just wear them separate.. I just feel silly wearing it on my ring finger cuz I got it and designed it myself.. not my wedding ring! I don’t want to wear it on my right hand because I have a bezel ring that I love!

ItsMainelyYou

Ideal_Rock
I love the mixed metal with the plain band- I would do this in a heart beat.
It's not bad with the engagement set, just a little busy. When you do decide to stack wear the 6 stone on the bottom. 6 stone, plain, engagement...
*I see @RMOO and I are of a mind:wavey: and what she says is what I'd do!

rgp

Rough_Rock
Thank you!! I appreciate the input! Even if it’s not technically from my hubby and I designed it ok to wear on my ring finger?!

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love the ring with the yellow gold band!

rgp

Rough_Rock
Thank you!! I love it too!!

ItsMainelyYou

Ideal_Rock
Thank you!! I appreciate the input! Even if it’s not technically from my hubby and I designed it ok to wear on my ring finger?!

But, of course! They're your fingers. You decide.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I specifically had a five stone band made to wear in place of my wedding set whenever I want. My husband doesn't pick out any of my jewelry because I am very particular! If he asks me what I want for my birthday, I just tell him I want a certain item and will order it myself. It's easy for him and makes both of us happy!

Your ring is very pretty worn alone or with the thin band!

rgp

Rough_Rock
Is that a bezel band? I’m obsessed with bezel!

rgp

Rough_Rock
Yes, bezel is my favourite setting.
Me too!! I have a 1.20 6 stone for my right hand ring and deciding if I want to stack it or just leave it alone in all its glory!!

Tartansparkles

Brilliant_Rock
Could you tell me how big each diamond is? Thank you!

They are 0.2ct stones, so should be the same size as your right-hand right you mentioned earlier. Ring size is 4.75

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results