shape
carat
color
clarity

6.8 vs 7.0 mm round diamonds = Visible size difference?

PumpkinsAreAwesome

Shiny_Rock
Hello again!

It's possible that I'm just bad at googling, but I've been trying to find pictures of 6.8 and 7.0 mm round diamonds, preferably on people with size 5 fingers! Comparison pictures of 6.8 and 7.0-7.1 mm diamonds works too!

I'm just trying to get an idea of how visible the size difference is between the two diameters, and also get an idea of what they would look like on my hand! Thank you so much!

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Try drawing it out and comparing....

Yes, it is difficult because the difference is very small. People start to be able to see a size difference around the 0.5 mm mark.

telephone89

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I wish ps didn't hate this website. Anyways, here is what it looks like. The 7mm has 6% more surface area.
Smaller left, larger right.

2015-11-03_12-10-31.png

CRYSTAL24K

Brilliant_Rock
My old diamond was - 6.69 x 6.74.

My current diamond is - 6.92 x 6.94.

I could tell the difference. Part of the reason may have been that my original diamond was not ideal cut and my current diamond is ideal. It is a BGD Blue so the performance is superior especially when compared to my original diamond, but I could definitely tell the difference in size.

Hope this helps.

just_browsing

Rough_Rock
I'm having almost the same dilemma! I actually recently bought a 1.35ct round that is about 7.0mm. I continued to browse and just saw a 1.16ct round that is about 6.7mm. There is a price difference of about $1000/ct for the larger stone and it has a much higher clarity than I originally wanted. I used the same website as telephone89 and while I think I will definitely notice a difference, I am questioning if it is worth the extra 2k since I am still within the return period for the first stone.

just_browsing

Rough_Rock
I think the face up area comparison is very interesting. I see the difference on the finger view of the 2 diamonds, but it seems barely noticeable when you overlay the 2 areas. If you google "diamond finger size" you should be able to find the comparison tool.

What price difference are you seeing between a 6.8mm vs 7.0mm stone? I feel like diamond prices have been dipping a little since I started searching, but maybe that is a topic for another thread.

1_51.png

PumpkinsAreAwesome

Shiny_Rock
Just wanted to thank you for posting this diamond size comparison tool! It's been really helpful and now I have a much better idea of how the diamonds will look on my finger sizewise!

jerichosmom

Shiny_Rock
My 1.06 ct 6.7 mm on size 5 finger. The stone was originally 1.21 ct 7mm but I had BGD recut it. It lost .3 mm and you can't tell at all. What is noticeable is the brightness and sparkle as it's now got ideal proportions. When the hand is moving it's all sparkle, sparkle, sparkle!

img_20150609_163219010.jpg

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results