shape
carat
color
clarity

6-7mm south sea mix Tahitian necklace? where to make/find?

Agnesg

Shiny_Rock
Hi all! This is my first post in Pearl Forum.

I love the peacock Tahitian pearl and would like to create one for myself about 24-25inches.

I would like something ABSOLUTELY undyed, unbleached, untreated.

I do not want the entire necklace to be Tahitian pearls. Maybe 6-8 pieces, with the rest in South sea pearls (I can make do with high quality freshwater pearl too). Most important point: The Tahitian can be bigger in size, but the other pearls that made up the necklace should be between 6-7mm. No bigger as I have a small frame.

Just some inspiration photo.

Can someone advise please =) Can I buy this straight from a website? or can I know what do you suggest? tks!

cat pearl.jpg

pearl necklace.jpg

movie zombie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Re: 6-7mm south sea mix Tahitian necklace? where to make/fin

i'd suggest contacting the people who took the example photos you posted to see if they can make it for you.

i do not think that catherine works with anything but freshwater pearls. you'd have to ask her directly, though, as she might be able to make it for you.

sounds like a fun project......probably the first of many because pearls are just so addictive!

iLander

Ideal_Rock

You could try Jose, he has all three types; Tahitians, South Seas and Freshwaters, and he does custom jewelry. You can just call him, or send him an email.

http://www.tahitianpearls.biz/index.htm

I have had luck with him, as have others on this forum. :appl:

Agnesg

Shiny_Rock

Tks Ilander and moviezombie! I am currently looking into it with americanpearl. do u have good review with them? I have tried catherine, apparently she does not work with Tahitian. tks

4Ranch Girl

Brilliant_Rock

iLander|1308625459|2950772 said:
You could try Jose, he has all three types; Tahitians, South Seas and Freshwaters, and he does custom jewelry. You can just call him, or send him an email.

http://www.tahitianpearls.biz/index.htm

I have had luck with him, as have others on this forum. :appl:
I just saw Jose today on a project I am working on plus he just came back from a buying trip so I would also reccomend him.

Agnesg

Shiny_Rock

Hi 4Ranchgirk, sure tks!

By the way, can someone guide me on pearl luster grading, I read Excellent, very good, good,... Is Excellent consider the top grade? tks

I have news on my necklace. What do you think of mixing 7-8mm oval creamy South Sea Pearl with 9mm round Tahitian Pearls on a 26 inches necklace? I am thinking of adding 2-3mm sterling balls between the mix like my first photo. What do you think? will it be 'messy'?

I am contemplating if to purchase 16 AA Tahitian round or 8 AAA (peacock) Tahitian round for this mix necklace. I am keeping it to a budget hence the decision..

PearlsOfJoy

Rough_Rock
Trade

You won't be able to actually find Tahitians or South Sea pearls in those size ranges unfortunately. There are sometimes a few pieces here and there that fall in the 7-8mm but for what you're looking to do you need to either go to a bigger size or go with a different type of pearl.

Both images you linked to are freshwater pearls just for reference if you weren't sure what type they are.

realismu

Rough_Rock

It's really hard to find 6-7MM south Sea or Tahitian pearl necklaces! Good to try!

Agnesg

Shiny_Rock

Hi all! You might have misread my post:) I mean to say that I would like the mix necklace to be of bugger Tahitian( maybe 8-9mm) with slight smaller south sea pearls . I might have found some aa quality 7-8oval creamy south sea pearls. What does aa means? I understand its a step down the top grade, is that right? So is it the shape, nacre or luster that is compromised? Tks

PearlsOfJoy

Rough_Rock
Trade

Hi Agnes The AA will be a middle of the road strand but its hard to say exactly what the pearls will look like from just the pearl grade. There are a lot of factors but the three main differences between AA and AAA is luster, shape and imperfections. The AAA will generally be rounder, cleaner with higher luster.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results