shape
carat
color
clarity

6.7mm Garnet + LOGR Setting

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Deia

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Sorry! It's not ready yet
3.gif

I have a garnet reserved for the 6.5 mm round LOGR setting (below - if i get this picture attaching thing right!) ... but the stone is 6.70x6.67x3.75mm to be exact...

I spoke to the sales rep at my jewelers (i know i know sales reps arent much help lol) and she told me it wouldnt fit in the setting....

I know lots of you ladies have the same setting so I was wondering if a .2mm difference really would make it impossible for the stone to fit? I don't want to add prongs to it ( not sure if its even possible - sorry noob)

It's a gift for my mothers birthday in January so I want it to look perfect :)

058d.jpg

mochi

Ideal_Rock
This is what I was told by a jeweler:

Bezel (has the tightest allowances) = +/- 0.1mm
Pave = +/- 0.2mm
Prong (widest allowances) = +/- 0.3-0.4mm

I just purchased this setting this week from LOGR and am awaiting for its delivery...
31.gif

Hope this helps.

Deia

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Thank you Mochi that''s exactly what I needed to know and already thought
9.gif

Love in Bloom

Ideal_Rock
I have this same setting and even though the description said 6.5mm, that size would be too big for it. A 6mm round fits perfectly in the bezel.

When I first took the setting to a jeweler, she measured the diameter of the bezel with "inside" calipers and said it would fit from 6-6.2mm.

Hope that helps!

mochi

Ideal_Rock
emcry.gif
BUMMER!! I bought this setting specifically to fit a 6.5 sapphire that I have.

Love in Bloom

Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/21/2008 9:50:51 AM
Author: mochi
emcry.gif
BUMMER!! I bought this setting specifically to fit a 6.5 sapphire that I have.
I was just giving information from my own experience, but I'm crossing my fingers that there is a slight size variation to the bezel...in your favor!

blinkydoll

Brilliant_Rock
I got this setting also. And I had a 1.35ct Pink Sapphire .(i forget the mm)..it was kinda too big for the setting after all... by the guy that set it made it work.. its not complete perfection--but it appears to be.. and for a RHR..i'm a happy camper
9.gif

i have to get some pics up soon.... I am so behind on pics..lol

Cant wait to see your ring!
1.gif

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock
I can''t believe there is such variation between different buyers of the same setting
40.gif

Deia

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
The stone has been reduced to 6.43x6.45 now, so that should be fine I hope!?

23.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results