shape
carat
color
clarity

6.34 ct Royal Blue Asscher Lab Sapphire from Finewater, how to set?

Mooshi

Shiny_Rock
Woooow I can't wait to see it with the black rhodium and on hand! That's gorgeous! Love that you chose color side stones!

vintageinjune

Brilliant_Rock
Woooow I can't wait to see it with the black rhodium and on hand! That's gorgeous! Love that you chose color side stones!

Caysie wasn't quite sure about the black rhodium, because it will of course wear off on the underside of the ring and where it rubs against my other fingers, but I knew it would need replating regularly and have accepted that reality to achieve my vision.

Everything else I own is white metal and white stones, and while lovely and classic, I find as I get older that it just isn't *me*, and I want more color in my world. Purple and green are my two favorite colors, so one of them had to be used to go with this gorgeous sapphire. It feels much more "me" than any other piece I've owned. =)

Mooshi

Shiny_Rock
Caysie wasn't quite sure about the black rhodium, because it will of course wear off on the underside of the ring and where it rubs against my other fingers, but I knew it would need replating regularly and have accepted that reality to achieve my vision.

Everything else I own is white metal and white stones, and while lovely and classic, I find as I get older that it just isn't *me*, and I want more color in my world. Purple and green are my two favorite colors, so one of them had to be used to go with this gorgeous sapphire. It feels much more "me" than any other piece I've owned. =)

FWIW I had a black rhodium plated band that I wore all the time and am not careful with my jewelry, only the bottom side had tiny scratches after a few years.

BoulderGal

Brilliant_Rock
Some sneak peak pictures! Black rhodium plating still needs to be added to the entire setting, and I should have the completed ring before new years, but to tide me/us over:

IMG_9722.jpg
IMG_9725.jpg IMG_9730.jpg IMG_9729.jpg IMG_9728.jpg

Wow!!! That's so cool!

vintageinjune

Brilliant_Rock
It's finally done!!!!

Glamor shots to be held on Thursday, followed by overnight shipping and ya'll will be bombarded with photos this Friday. A couple teasers from the bench after the black rhodium plating:
IMG_9883.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_9884.jpg
    IMG_9884.jpg
    149.4 KB · Views: 8

Mooshi

Shiny_Rock
Sweet lawd that blue. Can't wait to see handshots!

caf

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Wow! That’s gorgeous. Enjoy it.

vintageinjune

Brilliant_Rock
Wow! That’s gorgeous. Enjoy it.

Thank you! It feels very "me", which is nice. It's my first not white on white ring, and won't be my last. :D

JV36912

Brilliant_Rock
I can't get over that blue. How absolutely stunning. What a beautiful piece you've created. Enjoy!!

vintageinjune

Brilliant_Rock
I can't get over that blue. How absolutely stunning. What a beautiful piece you've created. Enjoy!!

Thank you! I've been staring almost non-stop. The blue color is just... everything. While I'd love to own a natural sapphire this color some day, this ring is absolutely perfect.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results