shape
carat
color
clarity

5mm Aquamarine necklace set with diamond... what do you think?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

dagarber

Rough_Rock
Hi everyone, looking to buy a piece of jewelry for my wife (married 1 year). Not working with a huge budget, but I like the idea of colored gemstones... browsing online I came across a necklace that I like... simple/elegant and not gaudy like some pieces that I''ve seen. I like the design, but there were some negative comments on the BlueNile website about the size of this piece (5mm diameter if you were to look directly at the aquamarine). They also carry a 7mm diameter aquamarine necklace that did not receive any negative comments about the size, but it does not come in the setting with the small diamond.

So I''d like to ask the opinion of anyone here with experience in this kind of thing (since I have zero experience, any experience you have to offer is more than what I have!). Two questions: 1) what do you think of this design? (the aquamarine set with the diamond). My impression is that the subtlety of the color means that you could wear this with just about anything. And 2) what do you think about the size? This is not intended to be a "dazzle them" piece of jewelry, but something nice for my wife to remember our first anniversary/Christmas by.

Thanks for taking the time to read this.

AquaMarineAndDiamondPendant.jpg

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Dagarber,

Welcome to Pricescope. It is very thoughtful of you to think about getting your new wife a gift of jewellery. She will appreciate the bling.

It would help to know your general budget. The BN design is very generic. Most places will have something similiar. As for size, some people find 5 mm small, others large. Generally, most tend to go for larger gemstones as they hold their colour better. With gemstones, it is all about colour: the deeper the blue of an aqua, the better it is. Most aquamarine are of a very pleasant blue and will go with just about anything.

To get a perspective of size, draw a 5 mm and a 7 mm circle on a piece of paper. 5 mm is rather small. If you can swing it, 7 mm will be a good size for a pendant.

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
This is a classic pendant style and I really like it. I agree with Chrono I would get the 7mm. Aqua''s are pretty stones but the larger the stone; the most color you will see.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I''d like to ask what size her diamond ring is. I like other pieces to be proportional.

Lisa Loves Shiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hello there. I like the pendant but I would definately go for the 7mm. BTW- a guy who buys jewelry for his wife is awesone!

Lisa

MustangGal

Ideal_Rock
If she likes dainty jewelry the 5mm might be OK, it would be about the size of a 1/2ct diamond. I normally wear pendants about that size.

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/13/2007 9:42:45 PM
Author: marcyc
This is a classic pendant style and I really like it. I agree with Chrono I would get the 7mm. Aqua''s are pretty stones but the larger the stone; the most color you will see.
Ditto.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results