shape
carat
color
clarity

59 Table H&A with 1.7 HCA

dasitmane

Rough_Rock
How do you guys think the attached diamond would perform for an engagement ring? 480172843.png

Attachments

• Holloway Cut Advisor _ HCA Tool.pdf
    440.7 KB · Views: 10

mwilliamanderson

Brilliant_Rock
I'd keep looking. There are so many LG stones out there I would strive for nothing less than Excellent on HCA for Light Return, Fire, and Scintillation. Very good for spread is fine.

Garry H (Cut Nut)

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade
I'd keep looking. There are so many LG stones out there I would strive for nothing less than Excellent on HCA for Light Return, Fire, and Scintillation. Very good for spread is fine.

Please do not use HCA or recommend others try for all excellent results NWA - it is a rejection tool.

For this diamond it will show as very bright at the expense of a little fire. if you are short sighted it will appear a little dark on very close inspection.
If you can not focus any closer than 12 inches or 30cm then you will love it. 842632 shallow girl gif.gif

mwilliamanderson

Brilliant_Rock
@Garry H (Cut Nut) Wouldn’t a Tolk proportioned stone get 3 excellents and 1 very good? I just did a Pricescope search and all of the stones I looked at that had an Ex. HCA score had 3 excellent scores and 1 very good for spread.

Should I have asked if they were looking for a less firey stone? Should I first ask if they're near-sighted or far-sighted? Might I ask “How long are your arms? :shock::lol:

The OP has been steered towards the educational links on diamond proportions in another of their threads where they had the chance to see your chart. They specifically asked how this diamond would perform in an engagement ring so I thought it safer to get them into the middle of your chart instead of leaning towards the dimensions best suited for earrings and pendants.

Just my thoughts. I’m not trying to steer anyone wrong here and I certainly don’t think I know more about diamonds than you. You’re the Pro in prosumer and I’m just the sumer. Still, if I’m giving someone my consumer opinion it’s got to be authentic to me.

Garry H (Cut Nut)

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade
@Garry H (Cut Nut) Wouldn’t a Tolk proportioned stone get 3 excellents and 1 very good? I just did a Pricescope search and all of the stones I looked at that had an Ex. HCA score had 3 excellent scores and 1 very good for spread.

Should I have asked if they were looking for a less firey stone? Should I first ask if they're near-sighted or far-sighted? Might I ask “How long are your arms? :shock::lol:

The OP has been steered towards the educational links on diamond proportions in another of their threads where they had the chance to see your chart. They specifically asked how this diamond would perform in an engagement ring so I thought it safer to get them into the middle of your chart instead of leaning towards the dimensions best suited for earrings and pendants.

Just my thoughts. I’m not trying to steer anyone wrong here and I certainly don’t think I know more about diamonds than you. You’re the Pro in prosumer and I’m just the sumer. Still, if I’m giving someone my consumer opinion it’s got to be authentic to me.
Hi MWAsumer :)
I focus without specs at 15 inches 45cm in good light and 23 cm about 9 inches with 2X cheapy specs on. So that diamond would work pretty well for me.

I did the data for HCA more than 20 years ago. Could I improve it today? Sure, but it would be tinkering and not enough to make a big difference.
The problem with using the broken down values is that you do not know how close you are to each boundary.
You might like to read all about it at www.diamond-cut.com.au
And I appreciate your help for other sumers ;-)

Garry H (Cut Nut)

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results