shape
carat
color
clarity

#54 signing off from Paris!!!

shootingstar

Rough_Rock
WE ARE ENGAGED!!! :love: Now off to explore again, will write a story when we get back home :twirl: It was super romantic! :love:
xxxx

MBKRH

Brilliant_Rock
Squee!!!!!!!!!!! Congrats, enjoy your time in Paris; I can't wait to hear the story and see pictures. :appl: :love:

mary poppins

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Congratulations, shootingstar! Looking forward to hearing about your proposal and seeing pictures when you get back!!

Amys Bling

Super_Ideal_Rock
congrats! can't wait to hear the story and see pics :)

tuffyluvr

Brilliant_Rock
ooh la la! que romantique!!! can't wait to hear deets!

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Congratulations!!! Paris...WOW!

OrchidVee

Rough_Rock
Congrats!!!!!!

madelise

Ideal_Rock
Premium
congratulations!! :] paris! how romantic!!

PA-C

Shiny_Rock
ohhhhhhh how lovely!!! congrats!

shootingstar

Rough_Rock
Thank you everyone for your lovely wishes! :love: I am not very good at writing long essays, so I'll keep it short and sweet:)

We arrived to Paris on Friday afternoon and even though the check in wasn't supposed to be until 3PM, our room was ready by 1:30, when we arrived. Which was lovely. So our trip started off great:) I knew my now fiancée(!!) had something special planned for Saturday, so I figured that was the day when it was going to happen. We were really tired, as we had to get up at 5AM to be at the airport on time, so we chilled out in the room for about an hour and then went to see the Eiffel Tower, since our hotel was supposed to be 11minutes from it! To our pleasant surprise, we turned around a corner and there it was! It was magical! :love: In reality, the hotel was only 5 minutes from it! Perfect location! We spent about 2 hours around the tower, under it, around it, next to it :lol: Me of course photographing a lot of the time, as you do :lol: Well I do anyway :lol: We had a Viennese cappucino just under the skirt of the Iron Lady for some much needed energy boost :wink2: We went to bed early-ish around midnight. On Saturday we slept in a little and then went to explore our beautiful surroundings. Paris is definitely the most beautiful city I have ever seen! We took loads of pictures again, so we have memories of our last hours before getting engaged:) Then we went back to our hotel to get ready for what was to come in the afternoon. We were supposed to be under the tower at 4PM, but were early. The horse drawn cinderella carriage was already waiting for us! I couldn't believe it was for us, when I saw it! =) The whole experience was surreal! I don't think it's something that happens a lot, because everyone we were passing (and there were loads of people on the streets, as it was Saturday!) was looking at us, smiling and taking pictures and videos! It was truly surreal! Strange for the first 10 minutes, but we then got used to it somewhat lol. The coachman then asked if it was our first time in Paris and started to explain about our surroundings and talking about a bridge we were about to cross after turning. He said it was the most ornate, most beautiful and most romantic bridge in Paris and that most people go there to take wedding pictures. So of course my dear fiancée tells me to take pics, if I want to. So I took the camera out and took a short video of just turning onto the bridge. I managed to put the camera back into the bag and then my fiance is kneeling in front of me telling me how much she loves me and asking me to marry her! My heart was beating so fast, of course I said yes straight away :love: She then put the ring on my finger, we both cried and the coachman then stopped by the Grand and Petite Palaces to take pictures of us! I don't know if he was instructed to do that, but it was great, because we have pictures RIGHT after getting engaged. Literally like 2 minutes after :love: And that for me is priceless! I would have never believed, that I could have memories like these without hiring a photographer for the occasion! It means a lot to me, as I am big on photography and memories that it captures, in case you haven't noticed yet :lol: I am sure some tourists on that bridge have pictures and videos of us getting engaged, as well! There were loads of people on the bridge, but they all blurred into the background as it was happening, naturally. We then were taking pictures of each other and squealing with delight and disbelief, that we are now actually engaged! It was truly magical and the rest of the journey was amazing! After this there was another surprise! A dinner cruise on Seine on Onyx to celebrate our engagement! We had the best table booked with the best views and it was just magical. The cruise was 90 minutes long, we went under loads of bridges and turned around after Notre Dame and went back. Paris at night is something so amazingly beautiful and romantic! We had a 3 course meal A la carte, white wine and sparkling water. I just loved it so much, it was the best evening and best trip of my life. 5 days in heaven! :love: I can't praise my fiancée enough for taking the time and effort to plan all this for me! It was the most amazing, magical experience that words can not describe :love: And even though it's November and most of our trip the weather was cloudy, the whole Saturday was beautiful and sunny! So we were really lucky in that aspect, as well! :love:

shootingstar

Rough_Rock
I really want to post pictures, as well. But it's not working for me! :nono: I tried add photos to a post from flickr (as I always do elsewhere), not working, tried to upload them directly in the message, not working. Now tried to upload 3 different photos and it always only uploaded one! So that one is there 3 times, although I clicked on a different image each time. Will try again directly, if it's not working, I'll have to just post links for you to click on.
xx

shootingstar

Rough_Rock
Here go the links, that's the only way it will work (hopefully anyway! :lol: )

Our first glimpse of the Eiffel Tower:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/zuzanacloud/6431806505/

The Cinderella coach with us in it! :love:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/zuzanacloud/6431818529/in/photostream/

http://www.flickr.com/photos/zuzanacloud/6431833721/in/photostream/

Real life perspective:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/zuzanacloud/6431821265/in/photostream/

And closer up - a quick snap, I'll do better ones later :wink2:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/zuzanacloud/6431823345/in/photostream/

Hope this works, if not, I give up :roll: :lol:

Thanks for looking!

xxxx

LJL

Brilliant_Rock
The ring looks beautiful and so do you! Congrats again!

shootingstar

Rough_Rock
LJL|1322679418|3071674 said:
The ring looks beautiful and so do you! Congrats again!

Thank you! :))
xx

gem_anemone

Brilliant_Rock
How romantic! :love: :love: Congratulations! I loved reading your story. Beautiful pics and ring too!

shootingstar

Rough_Rock
gem_anemone|1322683193|3071716 said:
How romantic! :love: :love: Congratulations! I loved reading your story. Beautiful pics and ring too!

Thank you very much! :)
xxxx

shootingstar

Rough_Rock
Here is a profile of my e-ring.

https://www.pricescope.com/icp/view/309664

Can anyone please tell me, how to add pictures to posts without having to post links? I tried to look for some help related to this, but didn't find anything...

LJL

Brilliant_Rock
Blue box under the reply box, click the upload attachment tab, choose the file and remember to click "add the file" - if it doesnt work, it probably needs to be resized. I've never had a problem but a lot of people do...maybe it looks different on different browsers...?

shootingstar

Rough_Rock
LJL|1322686276|3071758 said:
Blue box under the reply box, click the upload attachment tab, choose the file and remember to click "add the file" - if it doesnt work, it probably needs to be resized. I've never had a problem but a lot of people do...maybe it looks different on different browsers...?

Thanks, but that was the first thing I tried. I re-sized to 50%, but still no joy... :roll:
xx

FuturePsyD

Shiny_Rock
Congratulations!!! What a romantic proposal and beautiful ring!

I was just in Paris for 2 weeks in September and would have LOVED a proposal there. You're a lucky girl, enjoy your engagement!! :appl:

CoutureFemme

Shiny_Rock
Oh my goodness, I can't imagine anything more romantic than a proposal in Paris, with a Cinderella carriage and a gorgeous ring! Congratulations to you and your fiancee!

p.s. your outfit and hair accessory are tres chic!

shootingstar

Rough_Rock
FuturePsyD|1322691841|3071819 said:
Congratulations!!! What a romantic proposal and beautiful ring!

I was just in Paris for 2 weeks in September and would have LOVED a proposal there. You're a lucky girl, enjoy your engagement!! :appl:

Thank you very much! :)) Yes, it was very romantic! :love:
xx

shootingstar

Rough_Rock
CoutureFemme|1322768278|3072372 said:
Oh my goodness, I can't imagine anything more romantic than a proposal in Paris, with a Cinderella carriage and a gorgeous ring! Congratulations to you and your fiancee!

p.s. your outfit and hair accessory are tres chic!

Yes, it was amazing! :love: I am over the moon :twirl: Thanks so much for your lovely compliments and wishes! :wink2:
xx

inflorescence

Shiny_Rock
Congrats!! :) That was my dream location.. have fun exploring, its such an incredible city... and don't forget to stop in a local store and grab cheese and wine, sit and ppl watch... :) delicious!

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

You look fabu--congrats!

cheers--Sharon

shootingstar

Rough_Rock
sweetpepsigirl|1322775646|3072478 said:
Congrats!! :) That was my dream location.. have fun exploring, its such an incredible city... and don't forget to stop in a local store and grab cheese and wine, sit and ppl watch... :) delicious!

Thanks so much! :)) Yes, it was magical :love: We left on Tuesday evening, so we've been home for a while now. But we did all of the above, when we were there! :wink2:
xx

shootingstar

Rough_Rock
canuk-gal|1322778568|3072517 said:
HI:

You look fabu--congrats!

cheers--Sharon

Aww, thanks so much :wink2:
xx

RebeccaMUA

Shiny_Rock
HUGE congrats to the both of you! It was truly a beautiful proposal in a beautiful place with a beautiful ring :)

shootingstar

Rough_Rock
RebeccaMUA|1323021931|3073966 said:
HUGE congrats to the both of you! It was truly a beautiful proposal in a beautiful place with a beautiful ring :)

Thanks so much! :))
xx

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results