shape
carat
color
clarity

.54 carats /6 rounds in ring setting

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

K

Rough_Rock
What do I need to look out for when looking at a ring setting that has six small diamonds (3 on both sides) that amount to 54 points? Fluoresence, etc? I have a very nice 1.51 carat stone for the center piece and just have some reservations about this. My guess is that these stones are not high quality. At what point do they defeat the purpose of accenting (color, etc)?

When u buy a designer ring, are they stones any better quality (generally)? :confused:

oldminer

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Designer supplied rings with diamonds generally use very lovely small stones. It is possible to use lesser quality and see no visible difference normally.

What is used as accent stones need to match the quality of the center to some extent. Similar color is a primary concern. Stones that fluoresce strongly need to be avoided unless your center diamond fluoresces stongly, too. the color of the fluorescence is also of some importance.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results