shape
carat
color
clarity

5 Yr Anniversary Ring - Mark Morrell designed round & pear setting

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Stevo

Rough_Rock
Decided several months ago that it was the right time for a new ring for my wife with our 5 year anniversary.

Had little interest or knowledge of diamond facts or prices when first researching which ring style, size or quality to purchase. Ironically, an off topic post at an audio/video site (one of my hobbies) was talking about rings and diamonds. I emailed a few of the constributors to the posts, and they pointed me to Pricescope and the internet diamond dealers. Thanks to them, and several months of internet diamond research later, we now have a beatiful Mark Morrell design anniversary ring!

Mark Morrell is a great person to work with. He provided the setting with excellent quality and on schedule. I would highly recommend Mark to those looking for something a little different than the ordinary setting designs and/or seeking that additional attention to setting detail.

As for the loose stones, all of the internet dealers that I contaced were very knowledgeable with diamonds, including the friendly people at Good old Gold, Whiteflash and DirtCheapDiamonds. For my specific requirements, Niceice.com provided just the right stones at the right time and value. Robin and Todd were very good people to work with, and the stones (single round diamond and two pears) were provided exactly as they described in terms of quality.

Overall, the experience of purchasing a setting and stone 'sight unseen' over the internet and telephone was a little adventurous; after seeing the final product, I'd recommend the process to anyone who appreciates the highest quality for a reasonable value.

Thanks to Mark, Robin and Todd for creating a beautiful anniversary ring. She loves the ring and receives compliments seemingly everywhere we go (who would have thought that a ring would be the topic of conversation at Home Depot of all places
2.gif
).

Special thanks to those who frequently contribute their time and knowledge of diamonds/settings to this forum. You make it much more enjoyable for people like myself that are not as involved in the trade/hobby to confidently move forward with the important decision.

-Steve.

Stevo

Rough_Rock
Photo of the ring taken by Mark.

SD-013s.jpg

Stevo

Rough_Rock
Another photo provided by Mark.

SD-012s.jpg

Giangi

Ideal_Rock
It's beautiful!! Congrats, it looks so fluid and smooth!
9.gif
Thumbs up for R&T also... They are great guys -- Love their sense of humor!
9.gif

Stevo

Rough_Rock
Photo before the big day. The camera (and operator
2.gif
) are not good with close-ups.

ring_box_1s.jpg

Stevo

Rough_Rock
Another shot..

ring_box_2s.jpg

Stevo

Rough_Rock
Another shot..

ring_box_3s.jpg

Stevo

Rough_Rock
Very pleased with the brilliance of the ring. Seems to fool the camera.

ring1_crop_s.jpg

Stevo

Rough_Rock
BTW, the 'Crest' brand ultrasonic cleaner works wonders with the ring. Also works very well for cleaning eye glasses within seconds.

Another photo,

ring2_crop_s.jpg

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
congrats...beautiful ring. have to say that mm's pieces are unlike any other i have seen...the lines are so incredibly fluid...i don't know if i have seen any other vendor pictures that can match up, even $2-4k settings. also his heart prongs are so delicate and beautiful...its a great piece!

niceice

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks for sharing the finished ring Steve! We were so excited to see the proto-type design that you shared with us a little while ago and have been waiting anxiously to see the completed project! Absolutely gorgeous! It is always an extreme pleasure to see our diamonds end up in Mark's work, he is such a talented designer with a dedication to detail that leaves us impressed! Congratulations on the celebration of your 5th anniversary! We'd better start working on the project for the 10th because this one is going to be hard to beat
2.gif

sevens one

Ideal_Rock
----------------
On 5/29/2004 1:08:45 PM niceice wrote:

We'd better start working on the project for the 10th because this one is going to be hard to beat
2.gif
----------------

See there it is in plain view. That's how you people get us in trouble...
we want more, more, more, more, more
errrr.gif
3.gif

You have just planted the seed.
11.gif
Hmmm my twentieth is in 2 years....

That anniv. ring is so beautiful. Great choice. After working sight unseen it must have been a thrill to see the finished project.
Ok now back to the drawing board-you only have five years to plan.......

Nan

Patty

Ideal_Rock
It's beautiful! I love how the two "swirly" parts come up to form a heart prong in the middle of the ring. (Not the most techinical explanation, I know.)

Jennifer5973

Ideal_Rock
Really well done and superbly elegant. Great job and well worth the effort! Congrats!
1.gif

Hey Nan, my 10 yr is in 2.5 yrs and I've already been "working on it" for a year!

hoorray

Ideal_Rock
Beautiful ring! I love mm's work, and am secretly thinking abut what a great thing is would be for my 20th in 2 years! (I'm just dropping gentle hints at this point to plant the seed that 20 should be something special
2.gif
.) Can't really be specific since hubby thinks the diamond fairy is done for good at this point...

Colored Gemstone Nut

Ideal_Rock
Trade
COngratulations on such an elegant setting Steve...
21.gif

Marks work is really fantastic and kuddos to MiceIce for such beautiful stones..
21.gif

Best Wishes...
1.gif

Stevo

Rough_Rock
Thanks to all for the feedback. Laughed with the 5 years to plan for a 10th comments.

DiamondLover23

Shiny_Rock
Beautiful ring!

I love rounds with pears (and trillions too).

1.gif

christarose

Rough_Rock
Absolutely gorgeous!
appl.gif
I love everything about it: the centre, the pears, the heart prongs...in fact, my 10th anniversary is next year, so I'd love to get some more details! What sizes are the stones? If you could send me a PM with a ballpark price too that would be great
1.gif

Congratulations on your anniversary, and the beautiful symbol of your commitment!
appl.gif

Stevo

Rough_Rock
Some information on the stones;

Center:

Style: Round Brilliant
Meas: 7.20mm (7.17-7.23 x 4.39)
Weight: 1.37 carat
Depth: 61.1%
Table: 56%
Girdle: Medium, Faceted
Culet: None
Polish: Excellent
Symmetry: Excellent
Clarity: VS2
Color: G
Fluorescence: None
Scope measurements,
Crown: 34.5', 15.2%
Pavil: 40.7', 42.8%
Table: 4.03mm, 56%
Culet: 0.4% V.small
Girdle: 1.3% (1.1 - 1.6%)
HCA: 0.9 (EX, EX, EX, VG)

Side #1:

Style: Pear
Weight: 0.256 carat
Width/Length: 3.48 - 5.58mm L/W : 1.602
Color: F/G?
Depth: 65.2%, 2.27mm
Crown Angle: 34.0' (34.1 - 34.0)
Crown Height: 15.5% (16.0 - 14.9)
Pavil Angle: 42.0' (42.6 - 41.4)
Pavil Depth: 44.1% (44.5 - 43.7)
Table Size: 54.0%, 1.88mm
Girdle: 5.6% (4.7 - 6.5)

Side #2:

Style: Pear
Weight: 0.245 carat
Width/Length: 3.46 - 5.59mm L/W : 1.614
Color: F/G?
Depth: 65.3%, 2.26mm
Crown Angle: 32.3' (32.3 - 32.4)
Crown Height: 14.3% (14.3 - 14.4)
Pavil Angle: 43.2' (43.0 - 43.4)
Pavil Depth: 46.4% (46.3 - 46.5)
Table Size: 55.1%, 1.91mm
Girdle: 4.5% (4.7 - 4.3)

The setting is PT900 platinum.

The two pears look identical. The ring's left/right side is indescernible, unless using the inscription on the inside of the ring. The pears sparkle, but not as much as the center stone.

Christa, you have mail.

christarose

Rough_Rock
Thanks Steve! Congrats again
1.gif

Josh, I had to laugh when I read "MiceIce" - picturing 2 diamonds as Mickey Mouse ears
9.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results