shape
carat
color
clarity

5 Stone Trellis

MrsM

Shiny_Rock
Hi,

Would like to get a 5 stone for my mom's birthday next month. I have seen the beautiful trellis ones done by WF and BGD. Does anyone know if ID Jewelry makes one? I don't see one on their website, but it doesn't mean they can't...figured a PScoper may have one!

Thinking of doing 0.25 ct each stones for a size 4.75 finger. Are there advantages/disadvantages of common-prong vs U-prong vs trellis or is it just purely a matter of style-preference. Do they look different head-on or is it only a different profile?

Thanks in advance.

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
MrsM|1305490180|2922493 said:
Hi,

Would like to get a 5 stone for my mom's birthday next month. I have seen the beautiful trellis ones done by WF and BGD. Does anyone know if ID Jewelry makes one? I don't see one on their website, but it doesn't mean they can't...figured a PScoper may have one!

Thinking of doing 0.25 ct each stones for a size 4.75 finger. Are there advantages/disadvantages of common-prong vs U-prong vs trellis or is it just purely a matter of style-preference. Do they look different head-on or is it only a different profile?

Thanks in advance.
U prongs are much easier to clean.my wife's 5 stone with basket setting is PITA to clean.
here's a pic of her 5 stone .25ct ea on a size 4.75 ring.

DSCN1792.JPG

MrsM

Shiny_Rock
Didn't think about the cleaning aspect. Thanks, Dancing Fire. Lovely ring...what vendor did you get it from? Do you happen to have a link with a handshot so I can get a real life perspective?

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
MrsM|1305516587|2922781 said:
Didn't think about the cleaning aspect. Thanks, Dancing Fire. Lovely ring...what vendor did you get it from? Do you happen to have a link with a handshot so I can get a real life perspective?
from Whiteflash...ring size 4.75

I 1.15ct.JPG

oldminer

Ideal_Rock
Trade
http://hlevi.com/bands.html

In the upper right of the above page you'll see the kind of trellis ring you like. This vendor does not sell to the public, but I am sure they have some relationships with on-line or B&M retail store vendors in your vicinity. They make a very high grade mounting.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Just FYI, Brian Gavin sells HLevi. I had a solitaire by them and it was very nice.

Bella_mezzo

Ideal_Rock
I asked ID about a trellis 5 stone this summer and they said they would have to order it from dVatche. I can't remember the exect price off the top of my head, but it was a little more than WF or BDG if I remember correctly.

MrsM

Shiny_Rock
Thanks, everyone! After spending last night searching through all the old posts on 5-stone rings, I decided to go with ID Jewelry and get a mounting like Bliss'. Also with IDJ great prices, am going to 30 points! Will post pics after I receive the ring...am so excited! (BTW: IDJ did have a trellis but it looked a little too "chunky" for the lack of a better word.)

Bella_mezzo

Ideal_Rock
Bliss's setting is my favorite ID 5stone setting. I love it. I almost got one like that (ended up getting an antique 5 stone) and it was soooo comfy and gorgeous!

MrsM

Shiny_Rock
@Bella mezzo: I've seen photos of your antique cut 5-stone. Absolutely love it...I'm a huge fan of old stones! Next purchase for myself is going to be a OEC for a RHR.

MrsM

Shiny_Rock
So excited...just got an email from Luann and my mom's 5-stone ring is ready to be shipped! Unfortunately, with the Memorial Day weekend, I am going to have them hold off on shipping until Tuesday, but I will post as soon as I get the ring. Cannot believe they made it in less than 2 weeks!

icekid

Ideal_Rock
MrsM- I am contemplating a 5 stone from IDJ as well! What setting did you go with? Did they have a trellis option? Photos PLEASE :bigsmile:

MrsM

Shiny_Rock
No, they did not have a Trellis setting that I liked. I went with a low-mount shared prong setting like the one Bliss had. Will post photos next week when I get the ring!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results