shape
carat
color
clarity

5 stone trellis project

bethprov

Shiny_Rock
Hi all, its been a very long time since I’ve posted here! I have been in price scope jail for so long because I was having a hard time seeing all of these gorgeous pieces and not appreciating the lovely pieces I have. Anyway....I have a project I need some expert guidance on.

My mother in law is very generously gifting me a 5 stone diamond pendant of what I can best tell is about 4mm rounds however the setting as is isn’t something I would wear. She already suspected that and suggested I set it into a 5 stone ring. I already had the BGD and Whiteflash 5 stone trellis in my wishlist file so immediately knew where to go with this project, I’ve worked with them both on custom projects and trust them completely. The catch is the cost, ideally I’d like to keep this as cost effective as possible and really don’t want to go over 1500 max, that is pushing it truthfully and both of my current options are just about there or slightly over. My first question, any suggestions on a more cost effective setting and who to work with and similar quality? My musts are they have to have a good reputation, craftsmanship and attention to deatail willing to make adjustments to be sure it has as low of a profile as possible and willing to work with me. I don’t think what I want I’m going to get in a stock piece but am looking for some suggestions on that option if possible.

My second question is which metal to use. I’m between rose gold and white gold. Either way I will wear this frequently and would be happy with either metal and I own and wear both daily. What I’m concerned with is which metal will compliment the stones the best because in person they appear pretty white but in photos appear a little warm. I only own H and above stones and don’t have any experience with anything warmer so I’m not really sure what I’m dealing with but I suspect they are warmer than I already have. They are very pretty and I will happily wear them, just want to make sure I choose a metal that will make them look best, Ideally whiter. This isn’t about ideal cut, color or clarity but rather having something that means a lot to me that I can be happy wearing daily.

If you made it this far and are still reading THANK YOU!!! Below are the photos I have but they are not very good at all and she has the piece so I can’t yet take more. They are actually very pretty in person and appear much whiter to me.

bethprov

Shiny_Rock
1B99B0C4-62F6-46C7-A5A6-75ECC8A5D6A8.jpeg 92CB4F27-568D-49F3-905A-70D62A319970.jpeg 1E37B401-CC15-451E-9380-BE968A35A131.jpeg 5506ABA2-3D2C-48DC-B39D-C702A148BF5B.jpeg

SimoneDi

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Lovely gift from your mother in law! I would contact David Klass. He once provided me with a very competitive quote for a 5 stone setting only. He is great and will be able to execute the setting as you desire. Regarding the metal choice, it really depends on what you want and what you wear more. My personal pick would probably be a white metal for a ring, although I wear a lot of yellow gold jewelry.
Also, the diamonds may appear a bit warmer now because they are set in YG and pick up some of the gold color. DK also uses a WG/PD mix which stays white and does not need replating.

bethprov

Shiny_Rock
Lovely gift from your mother in law! I would contact David Klass. He once provided me with a very competitive quote for a 5 stone setting only. He is great and will be able to execute the setting as you desire. Regarding the metal choice, it really depends on what you want and what you wear more. My personal pick would probably be a white metal for a ring, although I wear a lot of yellow gold jewelry.
Also, the diamonds may appear a bit warmer now because they are set in YG and pick up some of the gold color. DK also uses a WG/PD mix which stays white and does not need replating.

Thank you, I will reach out to him! Your point about picking up color from the setting isn’t something I considered, I suppose it would be best to really see them unset.

SimoneDi

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you, I will reach out to him! Your point about picking up color from the setting isn’t something I considered, I suppose it would be best to really see them unset.

Once he provides you with a quote and if you like that quote, I am sure that you can have them unset the stones and provide you with their recommendation on what metal might work best. Good luck! This is a fun project :)

unsettled

Shiny_Rock
Premium
What a wonderful gift from your MIL. I would also consult whoever makes the setting for you if they would recommend white or rose gold. For me, I would always choose white gold. But that's just personal preference.

bethprov

Shiny_Rock
Thanks for your replies ladies, I went ahead and got a few quotes and am going with David Klass. Thanks SimoneDi for the suggestion!

ringo865

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Keep us posted on your progress. What a great gift and project. Excited for you. :appl:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results