shape
carat
color
clarity

5 stone ring, round or radiant?

hardwear

Rough_Rock
Hi! I am new to this board, have been lurking on and off and only truly started paying attention and learning from everyone when I finally decided a 5 stone ring is what I am after. I have been admiring all the beautiful jewelry and some amazing artistic custom made pieces, and I thought I have found my people! =)2

I saw was a 5 stone radiant cut ring on JA loved the look of the continuous strip of diamonds and then I saw a trellis 5 stone in rounds and have been undecided ever since. Both rings are no longer on JA but they have offered to custom make and are working with me on the specifics. I am also waiting for a quote from BlueNile as well.
My finger size is 5.5 .. I am looking at .40 , but willing to go with .30 or .35 in white gold/platinum for the finger coverage, really love the trellis/uprong look but am flexible with setting.
After contacting JA and BN initially, I read more threads and discovered IDJ and LaurenB. And have contacted them as well. Another thing I discovered is that the radiant cut is not receiving a lot of love and I am confused and wondering if I would be making a mistake on getting a radiant 5 stone ring? I hope this is where all the expertise will come out and help guide me.

JA is the only ring that will come with GIA certs. I don't think I am too concerned with the GIA certs as the stones will be max at .40, I know .50 and up is a whole different ball game.

Rings in pictures are 1.50 and 2.00 - radiants F, VS1/ rounds F, SI1.

Attachments

• 427DE5ED-67EE-4FA6-906C-D142EF48D455_1_201_a.jpeg
    427DE5ED-67EE-4FA6-906C-D142EF48D455_1_201_a.jpeg
    168.7 KB · Views: 67
  • FAC45D5E-329D-4FC7-9AE0-416B7E21DF2E_1_201_a.jpeg
    FAC45D5E-329D-4FC7-9AE0-416B7E21DF2E_1_201_a.jpeg
    193.5 KB · Views: 72

Honeybasil

Shiny_Rock
Hi! I am new to this board, have been lurking on and off and only truly started paying attention and learning from everyone when I finally decided a 5 stone ring is what I am after. I have been admiring all the beautiful jewelry and some amazing artistic custom made pieces, and I thought I have found my people! =)2

I saw was a 5 stone radiant cut ring on JA loved the look of the continuous strip of diamonds and then I saw a trellis 5 stone in rounds and have been undecided ever since. Both rings are no longer on JA but they have offered to custom make and are working with me on the specifics. I am also waiting for a quote from BlueNile as well.
My finger size is 5.5 .. I am looking at .40 , but willing to go with .30 or .35 in white gold/platinum for the finger coverage, really love the trellis/uprong look but am flexible with setting.
After contacting JA and BN initially, I read more threads and discovered IDJ and LaurenB. And have contacted them as well. Another thing I discovered is that the radiant cut is not receiving a lot of love and I am confused and wondering if I would be making a mistake on getting a radiant 5 stone ring? I hope this is where all the expertise will come out and help guide me.

JA is the only ring that will come with GIA certs. I don't think I am too concerned with the GIA certs as the stones will be max at .40, I know .50 and up is a whole different ball game.

I say get what you love, but I’ll vote for round because that’s what I’m getting!

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Its true that radiants dont get much love on PS. They tend to be cut deep and some are quite mushy and lacking in decent
light return. A lot of PSers dont like the crushed ice effect that some (a lot) of radiants have. Well-cut Round brilliants have
the best light return. However, I agree with @Honeybasil ....buy what you think you would enjoy wearing the most.

I think if you want more classic you should go with round. If you want something different, go with radiants.

Just wondering the shape of your other stones? ering?

lulu_ma

Ideal_Rock

Hi @hardware ! I'm generally a fan of fancy cuts. My er is an emerald cut. I think large radiant stones can look gorgeous. That said, for this type of ring, the rounds just look better imo. It could be that way that the radiant stones are set...

Last edited:

hardwear

Rough_Rock
Its true that radiants dont get much love on PS. They tend to be cut deep and some are quite mushy and lacking in decent
light return. A lot of PSers dont like the crushed ice effect that some (a lot) of radiants have. Well-cut Round brilliants have
the best light return. However, I agree with @Honeybasil ....buy what you think you would enjoy wearing the most.

I think if you want more classic you should go with round. If you want something different, go with radiants.

Just wondering the shape of your other stones? ering?

Thank you for your reply....Original ring was marquise with baguettes, being made into a pendant currently. DH and I were young and poor lol! So a much much smaller diamond. Have huggies and another pendant with rounds and have just inherited pair of floral diamond earrings which are all rounds as well. Your thinking is correct tho- I like different shapes.

hardwear

Rough_Rock
Hi @hardware ! I'm generally a fan of fancy cuts. My er is an emerald cut. I think large radiant stones can look gorgeous. That said, for this type of ring, the rounds just look better imo. It could be that way that the radiant stones are set...

Thank you... I have seen larger radiants and they are beautiful.

lillibear

Rough_Rock
I prefer the look of the rounds.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results