shape
carat
color
clarity

5 Stone Ring Owners, What are your thoughts after having your ring a few years??

MamaBear

Brilliant_Rock
I am interested in purchasing a 5 stone ring. I’ve been scouring threads for info, which is very helpful. I am drawn to the trellis style or u-prong. I need to decide style and carat weight. I‘d like 1.5cttw if it can fit comfortably without hitting side fingers. Is this doable? My finger size if 4.5-4.75. I want this to be a comfortable ring that I can wear often on my right hand. For those of you who have one, are you still happy with your style choice? What style did you pick and would you choose differently now based on your lifestyle?? Thank you for any tips!! Pics would be helpful as well...!!

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I used to own a 5 stone and loved it! Very easy to wear. My only issue with it at a .87 ctw is it did not give me full
coverage for my 6 3/4 size finger. Because of that, I decided to go for a 7 stone with higher carat weight to get
full coverage (1.4ctw). It is a U-prong which I really like.

I think a 5 stone that gives you full coverage is an excellent choice. I know some will comment on it turning and
would prefer an eternity. I think if the 1.5 ctw gives you full coverage which it probably will, and if your ring fits
well, then it is less likely to turn. My 7 stone fits well, gives me full coverage, and does not turn.

Sprinkles&Stones

Brilliant_Rock
Following this cuz I have the exact same question! Looking forward to seeing people’s responses

jbake

Brilliant_Rock

There’s a bit of this kind of discussion in this thread!

uyalison

Shiny_Rock
Premium
@MamaBear

In my "search" for the 5 stone diamond band, I founded up with:

I find that although the diamond tcw is 2.3. They are smaller than I expected. It is probably due to the cut - french cut, and shape - square. I looked up compare the size of some round diamond vs square cut diamond, given the same carat weight, round diamonds diameter is usually greater than the width of a square cut diamond. So 5 stone of round diamond will most likely give one more finger coverage than 5 square diamonds. That is my finding.

MamaBear

Brilliant_Rock
I used to own a 5 stone and loved it! Very easy to wear. My only issue with it at a .87 ctw is it did not give me full
coverage for my 6 3/4 size finger. Because of that, I decided to go for a 7 stone with higher carat weight to get
full coverage (1.4ctw). It is a U-prong which I really like.

I think a 5 stone that gives you full coverage is an excellent choice. I know some will comment on it turning and
would prefer an eternity. I think if the 1.5 ctw gives you full coverage which it probably will, and if your ring fits
well, then it is less likely to turn. My 7 stone fits well, gives me full coverage, and does not turn.

thank you, tyty333! I have an eternity which works best on my non dominant hand, thus the reason for looking into 5 stones! Im glad you are liking the uprong. That is encouraging to hear and I will take it into consideration!

MamaBear

Brilliant_Rock

There’s a bit of this kind of discussion in this thread!

Thank you jbake! I had missed that one!

MamaBear

Brilliant_Rock
@MamaBear

In my "search" for the 5 stone diamond band, I founded up with:

I find that although the diamond tcw is 2.3. They are smaller than I expected. It is probably due to the cut - french cut, and shape - square. I looked up compare the size of some round diamond vs square cut diamond, given the same carat weight, round diamonds diameter is usually greater than the width of a square cut diamond. So 5 stone of round diamond will most likely give one more finger coverage than 5 square diamonds. That is my finding.

Uyalison, thank you! Your band is beautiful!!! I find sometimes I think I know what I’m looking for, but then see something else and just know it was meant to be!

elle_chris

Ideal_Rock
I don't have any spinning issue, but I still wish mine was an eternity as I just prefer the look.
One of these days, I'll finally turn mine into one.

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I had two 5 stones 1cttw each that i sold because I prefer full eternity. I have the Annette uprong from WF and no regrets.

GeorgieQ

Brilliant_Rock
Hi @MamaBear I had a 5 stone recently remodelled because I found after a few years it really didn't suit my lifestyle. It was in a shared prong basket style setting (different setting to what you're wanting) 1ctw, my ring size is 4.5 and I found the coverage perfect, the stones covered edge to edge of my finger and the ring rarely spun (if ever). It looked beautiful, a row of sparkling diamonds suspended on my finger and I got lots of comments! It was beautiful, it was just too high set for me and just not practical for my job (early childhood teacher). I did love it though as I'm sure you'll love yours!

caf

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Mine is size 6, from HPD. I’m a 5.75 but sized up a bit. Platinum, CBIs. About 2.1 ctw. It never spins. I wear it more than any other ring. I love it. Trellis, set low. I have two eternities that I wear too - and like them a lot. But the 5 stone is just so comfortable. I’m surprised at how much it wear it and love it.

see this post https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/here-she-is-5-stone.260553/page-2#post-4926817

and this https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/who-wants-to-see-some-cbi-hpd-glamour-shots.264512/

31A375D7-F55E-4015-A3A0-9E59F49D1CC0.jpeg

Attachments

• 51098F23-5A57-466D-8285-C6ADB08005AD.jpeg
    51098F23-5A57-466D-8285-C6ADB08005AD.jpeg
    129.8 KB · Views: 173
Last edited:

PinkAndBlueBling

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I love my 5-stone! I had it made to fit my finger just to the sides of my finger so it wouldn't rub. I don't prefer eternity rings because of the bulky feeling between my fingers and constantly worrying I'm getting the underside stones dirty. But that's all just me. BTW, it does not fit with my engagement ring, and there's a gap but so be it.

diamondringlover

Ideal_Rock
Premium
mine is most favorite piece of jewelry and gets worn the most besides my plain 2mm gold wedding band...its easy to wear by itself or with another ring, I have had mine since April 2009 I did revamp the setting a little but for the most part I have kept it the same since I got it...

MamaBear

Brilliant_Rock
I had two 5 stones 1cttw each that i sold because I prefer full eternity. I have the Annette uprong from WF and no regrets.

Thank you for your input, @AprilBaby ! I just received an email from Michelle at Whiteflash. She said the uprong will sit lower on my finger, too. She feels that the 1.5cttw in the uprong will hit my side fingers but that she thinks she’d get used to it. I’m thinking the extra height on the trellis gives me some more room to work with.

MamaBear

Brilliant_Rock
Hi @MamaBear I had a 5 stone recently remodelled because I found after a few years it really didn't suit my lifestyle. It was in a shared prong basket style setting (different setting to what you're wanting) 1ctw, my ring size is 4.5 and I found the coverage perfect, the stones covered edge to edge of my finger and the ring rarely spun (if ever). It looked beautiful, a row of sparkling diamonds suspended on my finger and I got lots of comments! It was beautiful, it was just too high set for me and just not practical for my job (early childhood teacher). I did love it though as I'm sure you'll love yours!

@GeorgieQ :
I just read a thread of your five stone from several years ago. Is that the one you remodeled? Or is that the one you wear now? It looks very pretty!

MamaBear

Brilliant_Rock
@caf thank you for reminding of your lovely 5 stone band! Im glad to hear you love it and find it comfortable. I like the idea if I do the trellis style to ask them to set the diamonds low. It’s beautiful!!

Reactions: caf

GeorgieQ

Brilliant_Rock
Yes, the thread from a few years back is the one I remodelled (18ct white gold from Whiteflash) I have a new thread on the remodel that I put up a week or two ago. I had the 5 aca's reset into an 18ct rose gold band style setting, low set so I'm less likely to bump and knock it on everything in sight! Here are some pics of my original, which I did love but didn't suit my lifestyle. These are very unflattering pics and don't do my original setting any favours but gives you an idea of how it sat on my finger.
20201029_094430.jpg 20201029_094434.jpg

caf

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
@caf thank you for reminding of your lovely 5 stone band! Im glad to hear you love it and find it comfortable. I like the idea if I do the trellis style to ask them to set the diamonds low. It’s beautiful!!

I think the key to comfort is to set the diamonds low. I have tried on other 5 stone rings where the high set diamonds just were uncomfortable. Also HPD nailed the trellis and its curve on my finger.

Tartansparkles

Brilliant_Rock
@MamaBear I'm following with interest although I'm considering at 'band' rather than a 'ring'. My finger size is also 4.5/4.75 and I bought two CZ rings to try out different sizes. This is the five stone, the CZ are 4.5-5mm (not sure about the ct weight). The ring didn't spin and it was comfortable because the stones stopped before they started to go between my fingers. The distance across the top of my fingers was 2.2cm. (The other ring was a 7 stone, smaller stones)
IMG_20210217_150947233.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_20210214_135642068.jpg
    IMG_20210214_135642068.jpg
    116 KB · Views: 31
  • IMG_20210214_135613238_BURST000_COVER.jpg
    IMG_20210214_135613238_BURST000_COVER.jpg
    122.6 KB · Views: 29

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love my five stone. It has no exposed girdles, super low set, and it's a 4.5, which means it's pretty tight, and doesn't spin, at all, which is kinda weird now that I think about it.

This is what I mean about the metal extending just a hair further than the girdle of the diamond. The thread is below. Please don't be scared of that old ering. It's been dismantled.

1614984786595.png

Tartansparkles

Brilliant_Rock
I love my five stone. It has no exposed girdles, super low set, and it's a 4.5, which means it's pretty tight, and doesn't spin, at all, which is kinda weird now that I think about it.

This is what I mean about the metal extending just a hair further than the girdle of the diamond. The thread is below. Please don't be scared of that old ering. It's been dismantled.

1614984786595.png

Your ring is beautiful and looks super low and comfortable.

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I have a 2.00 carat five stone ring from Memoire - .40 stones. It is very low set and curves around the finger very comfortably. It does not spin at all and I have worn it is a right hand ring everyday for at least 15 years. The comfort in my opinion comes from the diamonds being set low and I definitely have finger to finger coverage. If you want it very wearable, definitely consider the height of the stones. I am definitely about balance too so consider the size of the carat weight of your engagement ring compared to a five stone band - might want to go a bit larger than you are considering!! DD6DFDFD-4685-4363-BED0-7D122855ABD6.jpeg

Attachments

• F06CF630-69CF-41EC-BD79-DA67E7908106.jpeg
    F06CF630-69CF-41EC-BD79-DA67E7908106.jpeg
    135.5 KB · Views: 36

ringbling17

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I have a 5 diamond ring from BGD. I think they are all .35’s. Total is 1.76 from what I can remember, size 5.25 for my right hand but can fit my left hand as well. I think I’ve had it since 2010. At the time BGD had different trellis designs (they may still have it) and this one they called the trellis B.
I love it bc it gives me big bling when I don’t want to wear a solitaire type ring. It is fairly low set and platinum so the setting is built really well. I love the heftiness and solidness of it. Also it is smooth. The inside is so smooth and doesn’t “cut” into my skin and the prongs are rounded and smooth against my fingers.
It is one ring I would never ever think of selling.

I don’t regret purchasing it, I just regret not wearing it enough.

alene

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I love mine, find it very comfortable, and wear it more than my e-ring. Mine is two carats and bezeled, on a 6.5 finger. 1.5 ct shoud be very comfortable on a smaller finger. 601543

MamaBear

Brilliant_Rock
Thank you all so much!!!! Looks like the consensus is to set the diamonds low. Im going to have to consider my settings a bit more. It’s hard not being able to try them on when ordering online. I truly appreciate your knowledge and willingness to share info with me! I’ll let you know what I decide!

PS-anyone have the height measurements for their ring? I’d like to know the differences in each style, trellis, uprong and memoire. Michelle at Whiteflash is getting them to me on Monday for the trellis and uprong but if I can get the info sooner that’d be great

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Not sure what mine is but it is very low. Not always the best profile look but the comfort and wearability for me outweighed the side view. I see it more from the top anyway. Just thought I’d add that thought!

luckygreen317

Brilliant_Rock
Due to my lifestyle and career, I went the 5-stone route as my wedding ring the 2nd time around. The original setting was a shared prong through Blue Nile. It left the girdles exposed and sat higher on my finger than I liked. I found David Klass through PS and had the diamonds reset in a durable platinum bezel. The rest of the ring is 14 it rose gold.
I started with the setting almost flush to the finger but wanted the floral design of the baskets to show. The end result is higher than I thought I would go but the bezel protects the diamonds. It is still set lower than the original shared prong.

For reference, I have 6.5 size finger And 2.0 total carat weight.

1202D57B-9250-4871-A935-2CFF7BBB5A5E.jpeg

Last edited:

Lookinagain

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I have a few 5 stone rings, some in prongs, some in bezels. All low set and none spin. They might shift a bit to the left or right, but just slightly. I find them all comfortable.

IMG_1197.jpg

five41.jpg

five6.jpg

sparkleandfire

Rough_Rock
I love mine, find it very comfortable, and wear it more than my e-ring. Mine is two carats and bezeled, on a 6.5 finger. 1.5 ct shoud be very comfortable on a smaller finger. 5-stoneresized.jpg

I love this ring! Where did you have it made?? I have been looking for one just like it!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results