shape
carat
color
clarity

5 stone ring on size 5.5 fingers photos please....

DiaDiva

Brilliant_Rock
Ladies, in a moment of boredom and being in New Delhi with massive blackouts throughout the country, I decided I needed a 5 stone ring to cheer me up. I have 2 options:

1) 5 x 40 (approximately) RB diamonds
or
2) 5 x 30 (something) RB diamonds

The price difference is significant. The jeweller recommends 30 something pointers as the 40 pointers might be too big, but being a PSer (and a greedy one), I want to go as big as possible but not if it's uncomfortable to wear.

So, if you could kindly show me your 5 stone rings on size 5.5 fingers. I'd be most appreciative. I've ploughed through all the 5-stone threads but couldn't quite find one with 30 over pointers on a 5.5 finger. I've tried a 40+ pointer 5 stone ring which belonged to a GF but her ring was 1.5 sizes larger so there was too much overhang. Help! TIA.

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
*Lindsey* has a 5 stone with 35 pointers and I think her finger size is 6... maybe try looking for her thread. Also Alj has a 5 stone with 40 pointers but her size is a 6.5.

I have a 5.75 finger and at the time I thought that Alj's 40 pointers were too much on my hand, the side stones hit the sides of my finger and it just felt a bit uncomfortable (for me). I tried on Lindsey's 35 pointers and they fit a bit better on my finger/width.

The diamond lover in me always wants to go bigger and I do love the finger coverage, but sometimes in practicality I feel like it's not going to be the best thing for daily wear. I might cut the difference and go 35's! Best of both worlds?

natascha

Brilliant_Rock
My 5stone is much smaller so that won't help. I will say that when I was trying on tones of 5 stones I found I really don't like the feeling of stones butting into my fingers. I finally ended up with a graduated 5 stone. It's a great way of increasing the bling factor without the stones being uncomfortable. The graduation is not obvious without looking directly at the ring so the eye ends up just seeing the length of the largest stone and kinda assumes the rest are the same.

DiaDiva

Brilliant_Rock
Ladies, thanks for the quick replies.

Mara, my jeweller is going to get me 30+ pointers within his parcel of 30 and 30-ish but I was just greedy and wanted 40 pointers.

Natascha, I already have a graduated 5 stone ring with a blue sapphire centre so I'm not keen on a similar one.

Purplesilk, how did I miss these? The 40 pointers on a size 5 is a little too big for me. I suspect, there will be a little bit of an overhang than I would like.

Let me go check out Lindsey's ring.

Thanks again.

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
This is a five stone with .40 carat each for a total of 2.00. The ring is made by Memoire and the finger size is between a 5 and a 5.5!

These were terrible dried up winter hands though!

Attachments

• five_stone_ring.bmp
    900.1 KB · Views: 3,391

pandabee

Ideal_Rock
well it just so happens I share a ring size as you...and looking at all these pictures are making me drool!!!! in the back of my head I am planning a wonderfully large 5-stone as well and I'm not even engaged. heheheh keep the pictures coming!!! :D :naughty:

JaneSmith

Brilliant_Rock
DiaDiva|1343747776|3243630 said:
Ladies, in a moment of boredom and being in New Delhi with massive blackouts throughout the country, I decided I needed a 5 stone ring to cheer me up.

I'm totally using this reasoning next time we have a blackout or a run of terrible weather. Inspirational! :D

Go with the bigger stones!

DiaDiva

Brilliant_Rock
MissGotRocks|1343767507|3243820 said:
This is a five stone with .40 carat each for a total of 2.00. The ring is made by Memoire and the finger size is between a 5 and a 5.5!

Gorgeous! Thanks for the hand shot, MGR. Can you feel the last stone sticking out a little into your finger? I'm concerned about the overhang and that it might not be comfortable. Hence I was considering the 30+ pointers. At one time, I wanted 50 pointers but that might need a bit more finger real estate than what I have. So...got to control my greed.... :tongue:

DiaDiva

Brilliant_Rock
pandabee|1343783498|3243982 said:
well it just so happens I share a ring size as you...and looking at all these pictures are making me drool!!!! in the back of my head I am planning a wonderfully large 5-stone as well and I'm not even engaged. heheheh keep the pictures coming!!! :D :naughty:

Happy to encourage you, Pandabee....

DiaDiva

Brilliant_Rock
JaneSmith|1343792914|3244083 said:
Ladies, in a moment of boredom and being in New Delhi with massive blackouts throughout the country, I decided I needed a 5 stone ring to cheer me up.

I'm totally using this reasoning next time we have a blackout or a run of terrible weather. Inspirational! :D

I'm going to see the jeweller next week and then decide on the size.

Jane, Delhi is not the most convenient place to live so I think I deserve my diamonds. The upside though is India loves bling! It's quite common in the high-end malls to see women wearing 2 over carat diamond studs per ear. Custom-made jewellery is very well-priced so I'm re-setting a bunch that I don't wear anymore and that's one incentive for staying here. :bigsmile:

This particular blackout though is crazy - the worst in 11 years. I'm used to blackouts here. We get several each day everyday and some seasons, even more. I have a generator for the house so that helps but it's still not fun. So...more diamonds are needed to cheer me up. Haha...

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
DiaDiva|1343830038|3244249 said:

Gorgeous! Thanks for the hand shot, MGR. Can you feel the last stone sticking out a little into your finger? I'm concerned about the overhang and that it might not be comfortable. Hence I was considering the 30+ pointers. At one time, I wanted 50 pointers but that might need a bit more finger real estate than what I have. So...got to control my greed.... :tongue:

No, it's the primary reason I chose the Memoire ring. It is a low setting and curves perfectly around my finger. It was a compromise on my part - get this setting (which is so well made) vs. a u prong or open gallery setting. Otherwise, I would not have been able to do the 2.00 carat size as the end stones would have stuck into my adjoining fingers. I knew if it was uncomfortable I would not wear it as much. I wear this ring every day and still love it! Tiffany makes their settings low as well but in the end I preferred the Memoire ring. Their quality of settings can't be beat.

JaneSmith

Brilliant_Rock
DiaDiva|1343830529|3244254 said:

Jane, Delhi is not the most convenient place to live so I think I deserve my diamonds. The upside though is India loves bling! It's quite common in the high-end malls to see women wearing 2 over carat diamond studs per ear. Custom-made jewellery is very well-priced so I'm re-setting a bunch that I don't wear anymore and that's one incentive for staying here. :bigsmile:

This particular blackout though is crazy - the worst in 11 years. I'm used to blackouts here. We get several each day everyday and some seasons, even more. I have a generator for the house so that helps but it's still not fun. So...more diamonds are needed to cheer me up. Haha...

Of course you deserve them! It's sometimes hard to not sound sarcastic when typing a reply to a post on the Internet, but I really did not mean to sound judgemental. I'm sorry. I truly thought it was a cool line I could use myself one day.
I read about the blackouts on the BBC. Awful. I hope your jeweller has a backup generator! :bigsmile:
Please show us the beautiful ring of happiness when you get it.
Cheers.

DiaDiva

Brilliant_Rock
MissGotRocks|1343836347|3244317 said:

No, it's the primary reason I chose the Memoire ring. It is a low setting and curves perfectly around my finger. It was a compromise on my part - get this setting (which is so well made) vs. a u prong or open gallery setting. Otherwise, I would not have been able to do the 2.00 carat size as the end stones would have stuck into my adjoining fingers. I knew if it was uncomfortable I would not wear it as much. I wear this ring every day and still love it! Tiffany makes their settings low as well but in the end I preferred the Memoire ring. Their quality of settings can't be beat.

MGR, that's great to know. I looked up your original thread and that's such a lovely ring. Could you please show me the gallery of the ring. I would like to see how low it sits on your finger. Thanks so much. :))

DiaDiva

Brilliant_Rock
JaneSmith|1343883678|3244701 said:
DiaDiva|1343830529|3244254 said:

Of course you deserve them! It's sometimes hard to not sound sarcastic when typing a reply to a post on the Internet, but I really did not mean to sound judgemental. I'm sorry. I truly thought it was a cool line I could use myself one day.
I read about the blackouts on the BBC. Awful. I hope your jeweller has a backup generator! :bigsmile:
Please show us the beautiful ring of happiness when you get it.
Cheers.

Hey Jane...no problem. I didn't take it that way at all. This is just the worst blackout in years so I feel I can use it as an excuse. If it were any other blackout, I'd be buying myself something EVERYDAY, I wish. Hahaha....

Yes, the jeweller has a generator. Thank goodness he's in a nice big hotel. One my favourite shopping areas in Delhi, Hauz Khas Village was blacked-out on Tuesday except for the token few with generators. The bulk of shops only had one light and some with zero lights. Talk about shopping in the dark. :lol:

Phoenixdarling

Rough_Rock
I got a 5-stone from BGD with 45 pointers, size 7.5, and it was too much. Like you, I wanted to go as big as I could (I almost got 50 pointers!) but even the 45s were just too uncomfortable between my fingers. It was a u-prong setting, so perhaps that was the reason...

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
DiaDiva|1343884364|3244703 said:
MissGotRocks|1343836347|3244317 said:

MGR, that's great to know. I looked up your original thread and that's such a lovely ring. Could you please show me the gallery of the ring. I would like to see how low it sits on your finger. Thanks so much. :))

I don't have a picture of the side view of my ring but here is a picture from the Memoire website - as you can see, the ring curves around very gracefully and the last stone is curved as well with no pointy prongs. Very comfortable!

_401.jpg

siamese3

Brilliant_Rock
My ring is a size 6 and the tcw is 1.6. This ring is loose on me, as I am actually around a size 5 1/2 but I like to stack and hate tight rings.

img_0348.jpg

DiaDiva

Brilliant_Rock
siamese3|1343912261|3244770 said:
My ring is a size 6 and the tcw is 1.6. This ring is loose on me, as I am actually around a size 5 1/2 but I like to stack and hate tight rings.

Thanks for the photos, MGR, Siamese3.

Siamese3, the 1.6tcw looks great on you. Is yours a memoire? Would it be possible to get a front and side view of the ring? Many thanks.

DiaDiva

Brilliant_Rock
Phoenixdarling|1343885528|3244709 said:
I got a 5-stone from BGD with 45 pointers, size 7.5, and it was too much. Like you, I wanted to go as big as I could (I almost got 50 pointers!) but even the 45s were just too uncomfortable between my fingers. It was a u-prong setting, so perhaps that was the reason...

PD, that's too bad. Are you going to re-set your ring so you can wear it more comfortably? May I see a photo?

FancyDiamond

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
My 5-stone U-prong ring is size 5.75. It has 40-pt stones. The finger coverage is great. Glad that I did not go with smaller size stones. Thus, no regrets. The ring is very comfortable. I don't have any problems with too much diamond or thick metal in the way between fingers. Guess the setting style has a lot to do with comfort.

For your size 5 finger, 35-pt is a sure bet, but 40-pt may work too, depending on the setting style. I think that settings with higher set diamonds can take larger size diamonds without any problem of excess diamond stuck between fingers. Before you have your jeweler set the diamonds, try out the empty setting to check comfort and style.

siamese3

Brilliant_Rock
Here's a few shots. Not sure if they are what you are looking for..let me know. My ring is not a memoire, but it is similarly set. I like that it is so low, it's incredibly comfortable. It is also very substantial feeling, if that makes sense. It's platinum and was made by a local jeweler.

img_0354.jpg

img_0360.jpg

img_0362.jpg

DiaDiva

Brilliant_Rock
FancyDiamond|1344000064|3245333 said:
My 5-stone U-prong ring is size 5.75. It has 40-pt stones. The finger coverage is great. Glad that I did not go with smaller size stones. Thus, no regrets. The ring is very comfortable. I don't have any problems with too much diamond or thick metal in the way between fingers. Guess the setting style has a lot to do with comfort.

For your size 5 finger, 35-pt is a sure bet, but 40-pt may work too, depending on the setting style. I think that settings with higher set diamonds can take larger size diamonds without any problem of excess diamond stuck between fingers. Before you have your jeweler set the diamonds, try out the empty setting to check comfort and style.

Thanks, Fancy Diamond. I tried on a 42 pointer each 4-stone ring and it felt a little big but the 33 pointer 5-stone was a tad small for my liking. I think just under 40 might work for me. Waiting for the jeweller to bring in some for me to try.

DiaDiva

Brilliant_Rock
siamese3|1344005497|3245363 said:
Here's a few shots. Not sure if they are what you are looking for..let me know. My ring is not a memoire, but it is similarly set. I like that it is so low, it's incredibly comfortable. It is also very substantial feeling, if that makes sense. It's platinum and was made by a local jeweler.

Thanks, Siamese3. Your ring is just gorgeous. I am going to try 33 pointers, 35-38 pointers and 40-ish pointers again before I make my decision but I'm really leaning towards your setting/Memoire style. It looks really comfortable.

Efe

Brilliant_Rock
leon5stonek.jpg

My five stone is a size 6 with 33 pointers. I wear a 5.5 but had it made in size 6 so I could wear it on either hand. Sorry for the blurry picture but gives you an idea of finger coverage.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Effe, your diamonds also curve around your finger nicely! Can you show us a side view, also?

Efe

Brilliant_Rock
IMG_0580.jpg

Diamondseeker, here is the side view.

pandabee

Ideal_Rock
So beautiful effe!!! I think we have a winner!!! Also the nerd in me loves the double numbers...33 pointers for a size 5.5 (or 6, close enough and also because 3+3=6!!)

DiaDiva

Brilliant_Rock
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results