shape
carat
color
clarity

5 stone ring comfort

mjg

Rough_Rock
Hi all,

Would love to get some answers from those with a 5 stone ring/band. How comfortable do you find it? It's really my dream ring but I'm afraid I'll find it too bulky and uncomfortable. My fingers are about size 7 and I would be looking somewhere around the 1.5 carat range so nothing ridiculous....but I just can't help worrying I'll get one and end up never wearing it because it feels too bulky or heavy (need platinum due to metal allergies). Also, how far can it be resized up and down?

Thanks for any feedback!

RetroTreeGal

Shiny_Rock
Premium
I wear a 1.58ctw platinum 5 stone on a size 8 every day and it's very comfortable. I think the key is to find a ctw that doesn't spread wider than your finger.
IMG_1942.JPG IMG_0899.JPG

GearGirly

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Try some on, but I don’t think the heaviness will be an issue at all. The only issue is making sure it sits comfortable between your fingers, and that has more to do with the setting. I love a 5 stone, I admired one on someone every day hat kooksed about the TCW you are talking about. It’s on my bling list for sure!

alene

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I've been wearing mine almost daily since I got it a few months ago. It's very comfortable. Think it really depends on the setting. Mine is just over 2ct, size 6.5 finger. IMG_0423.JPG

mjg

Rough_Rock
Thanks everyone! I have tried them on but the problem is not many jewelers carry them in my experience and the ones that do are sized in size 5 or 6 and I can only get on halfway so it's not a very good measure of any kind of comfort when you're finger is being squeezed lol. I have of course stalked all the 5 stone ring threads here and elsewhere and most people repeatedly say they're very comfortable so I think it's true the key is to not get too large of diamonds for the finger.

If anyone else wants to chime in, I would appreciate it! :wavey:

P

PierreBear

Hi mjg! I had the same problem with a ring size close to 4 that I wasn't able to try on a final product in the store to really get the perfect idea. I find it to be comfortable and even if the ring spins and the side of my fingers are feeling the stone as if it was a full eternity, it doesn't hurt or poke. If they design and get the sizing right, your fingers should just graze and feel the shank and the side of the diamond, given that the ring is sitting in the right spot. I don't think the size of the diamond impacts the comfort if the setting is right though I'm also used to wearing a e-ring or wedding band that has small stones all the way around so it never feels perfectly smooth. Good luck with the process!!! It's going to be a beauty!!! I hope that helps!

rubybeth

Ideal_Rock
I think you should measure the top of your finger and look at how much finger coverage you really need. If you don't want diamonds between your fingers, a smaller carat weight, or a graduated style ring may work better. I have a 5 stone that's about 1.1 ctw for a size 5.75, and the stones sit pretty high in the setting, so it's very easy to wear and also stack with other rings. I think a lower setting would also work, a favorite of mine is the Trellis from Brain Gavin: https://www.briangavindiamonds.com/...ternity-bands/five-stone-trellis-band-ii-5400

12741985_887903493564_4366895620869533697_n.jpg
hand shot.jpg
img_15003.jpg

Fancygems

Brilliant_Rock
It seems that many woman wear their 5 stones as a right hand ring. Is this more common than as a wedding band since it’s usually a anniversary band?

RetroTreeGal

Shiny_Rock
Premium
It seems that many woman wear their 5 stones as a right hand ring. Is this more common than as a wedding band since it’s usually a anniversary band?

I wouldn't say so. I've seen it as a right hand ring, a wedding band, and even as the engagement ring. In fact I really like 5-stone rings as engagement rings, worn with a plain metal band next to it.

Edit: Mine is not an anniversary band.

Fancygems

Brilliant_Rock
:lol:Versatile piece !

RetroTreeGal

Shiny_Rock
Premium
:lol:Versatile piece !

Yes they are! Lots of finger coverage too. My favorites have some amount of graduation in size (and not just because mine is graduated). :whistle:

773dianeb

Rough_Rock
I have a 9 stone as my engagement ring and it is comfortable. I have larger fingers than you though.

Reactions: mjg

Fancygems

Brilliant_Rock
Yes they are! Lots of finger coverage too. My favorites have some amount of graduation in size (and not just because mine is graduated). :whistle:
Graduated 5 stone :love:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results