shape
carat
color
clarity

5 stone or 7 stone diamond anniversary ring

sspp08

Rough_Rock
Hello Everyone need some kind of advice on which ring to keep. This week was my 21st wedding anniversary and my husband asked me what do I want. For a long time I wanted a 5 stone diamond band so that I can wear that solo on my right finger andI found a great deal at Costco so I went ahead and bought a 1.25 diamond 5 stone ring and I received it yesterday. it is gorgeous and can be worn on its own. I also tried to pair it with my 2.17 carat ring and thats quite a bling and I love it for days I want an extra bling.
Now today my husband showed me a flyer that Costco has a sale for 1.61 carat 7 stone ring starting tomorrow and it will be less than what I paid for 1.25 carats. Now I am confused should I get 1.61 carats and return the 1.25 one? The price difference is not much but I need some advice as to how the 1.61 will look like? 1.25 are .25 pointers for each diamond and 1.61 will be .23 pointers for all stones each. Is it worth changing besides just the price? Definitely price is a factor but about size, I believe the stone size is pretty much the same right? Can't decide...please help!!

monipod

Brilliant_Rock
If your finger needs the extra coverage then the 7-stone sounds good, but just check that the stone quality is the same. The stones won't appear any bigger but having the two extra may make a difference if you wanted a band that looks more like a half-eternity.

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
If your finger needs the extra coverage then the 7-stone sounds good, but just check that the stone quality is the same. The stones won't appear any bigger but having the two extra may make a difference if you wanted a band that looks more like a half-eternity.

agree. Difference between 23 and 25 pointers will be minimal. Go with 7 stone if you want more horizontal finger coverage. Your finger size would probably be the driver. I have a 4.5 finger so 5 would be enough for me.

motownmama

Ideal_Rock
Premium
If I were you I’d try on the other and let my eyes decide. If the cost difference doesn’t significantly impact your life, I’d try to put that part out of my mind; I find I can “convince” myself I like something more bc it costs less.

m1918

Shiny_Rock
Can we see the five stone?! :)

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
What size finger do you have?

Kya

Shiny_Rock
I was just eying that sale ring today at Costco!!! It looks super nice and comfy with low profile. Also, I actually like how it is set in a way that looks like a row of bling. I wish I was in the market for this right now!!!!

But from my experience it depends on the actual piece that you get. The good news is that it is returnable so you can see for yourself and decide.

Kya

Shiny_Rock
I think I also saw the 1.25. If yours is the same I saw, there is also difference in setting. The stones on the five stone are set looking like five isolated stones if that makes sense, the setting on the seven merges them somehow into more of a row of bling. So that might be a style preference.

They are both gorgeous! I think I personally would go for the seven coverage wise and also value wise.

sspp08

Rough_Rock

Thankyou. I ordered the ring online today. I will post pictures once I receive it.

sspp08

Rough_Rock
I was just eying that sale ring today at Costco!!! It looks super nice and comfy with low profile. Also, I actually like how it is set in a way that looks like a row of bling. I wish I was in the market for this right now!!!!

But from my experience it depends on the actual piece that you get. The good news is that it is returnable so you can see for yourself and decide.

yeah I like that it is low profile. even the 5 stone ring is low profile and very comfy to wear.

Reactions: Kya

sspp08

Rough_Rock
I think I also saw the 1.25. If yours is the same I saw, there is also difference in setting. The stones on the five stone are set looking like five isolated stones if that makes sense, the setting on the seven merges them somehow into more of a row of bling. So that might be a style preference.

They are both gorgeous! I think I personally would go for the seven coverage wise and also value wise.

Costco is giving $800 discount on the 7 stone ring which is great value and more carats. Looking forward to receive my ring.

diamondsR4eVR

Brilliant_Rock

Can you send the link? Is it online or only in stores. I avoid the jewelry case at Costco bc then my shopping trip has tripled.

sspp08

Rough_Rock

sspp08

Rough_Rock
Finally the wait is over and i got my ring.

Now time to decide what to keep and what to return. I am leaning more towards the 7 stone one since it provides better coverage on my finger and its heavy in weight too. But that said the 7 stone diamonds look all flush but the 5 stone stand out. I cant decide. WISH I COULD KEEP BOTH :)

I need your help bees. Help me decide. Please let me know which one looks good by itself and with my ering as well. I plan to wear it mostly on my right hand but would like to pair with ering sometimes as well when i feel like seeing more bling.

The first 2 are 7 stone and the third and fourth pic is 5 stone ring.
IMG_3571.jpg 9A17AAAF-75FD-448A-A63C-D66C8EC98B0B.JPG IMG_3371.jpg IMG_3429.jpg

Kya

Shiny_Rock
Wow it came fast!!!

Both so pretty. I honestly don’t know what I choose. But one thing I would factor in would be the actual look of the stones. Are the stones on either one ring nicer than the other? That would be a dealbreaker for me.

nala

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I vote 7 bc it pairs beautifully with ering

sspp08

Rough_Rock
Wow it came fast!!!

Both so pretty. I honestly don’t know what I choose. But one thing I would factor in would be the actual look of the stones. Are the stones on either one ring nicer than the other? That would be a dealbreaker for me.

Both the stones are I and VS2.
Size for 5 stone ring - .25 points
Size for 7 stone ring - .23 points

So as you see, the size is the same and that creates more confusion. lol
Hard decision.

diamondsR4eVR

Brilliant_Rock
I’ll be honest I didn’t see any difference in the pics you posted, but that’s just me. So then it would come down to price for me. If the 7 stone was the same price as the 5 stone bc it was on sale then I would probably keep the 7.

btw I love the ring and you can’t go wrong with either one.

bling_dream19

Ideal_Rock
How about comfort? They are both beautiful. How do they feel between your fingers? That to me is most important.

Nymf

Shiny_Rock
I both are pretty but I much prefer the 7stone!!

Patty

Ideal_Rock
I prefer the 7 stone. It sits lower and looks better with your ering.

diamondringlover

Ideal_Rock
Premium
i like the 7 stone one with your ring

ItsMainelyYou

Ideal_Rock
+1 for the seven.
It's more flush mount so it matches with your e-ring height/width. I think it will be more comfortable long term, as well. It looks naturally cohesive to me.

m1918

Shiny_Rock
I prefer the seven stone as well!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results