shape
carat
color
clarity

5-stone from BN arrived-thoughts?

syndrome

Rough_Rock
Hey Folks,

What do you all think of this 5-stone ring? She needs to size down but BN can’t go lower with this setting/stone selection. On her hand is a size 4.25 ring with .33 diamonds. Is this too bar like? Height is 2.4mm. 12C95184-FBAA-4F1D-A100-FD942F259283.jpeg 35C756C9-0756-45BB-8088-9E68CDA1A2C9.jpeg 04371B82-EB90-461D-91F1-3A4075CF8962.jpeg

diamondsR4eVR

Brilliant_Rock
I think it’s beautiful. What is it exactly that you or she doesn’t like? I love the 5 stone rings with 30pts.

syndrome

Rough_Rock
The band is advertised as 2.4mm but in person, it’s definitely less than 2mm so the size is off. It’s already a special order bc they don’t make this setting below 5. Here’s the width compared to her 2mm e-ring.
D9012DAF-1389-4C4B-97CE-8A1AF2990716.jpeg

syndrome

Rough_Rock
Stacked (but she’s not going to wear it together.) 83D9627F-B96D-4144-84A4-9C6DA2A8FC80.jpeg

ringo865

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oooh. Pretty!! Does it fit her right hand?

L

lydial

I am not sure I like it. Just being honest, but I am also not a huge 5 stone fan. Definitely not working with the E- ring. I would rather it be a smidge more petite?

diamondsR4eVR

Brilliant_Rock
I love it and if she’s not going to wear them together I don’t see a problem unless:

It doesn’t fit
It’s not comfortable to wear due to the size of her finger

syndrome

Rough_Rock
Yes! It’s meant to be a RHR. It’s quite loose. Def looks bar-like in person. It’s a beautiful ring but doesn’t give her the right feeling. Thankfully BN has a good return policy.

Oooh. Pretty!! Does it fit her right hand?

syndrome

Rough_Rock
Thanks! Appreciate honesty. She’s returning it. Mind sharing what you dislike about 5-stones? And what you’d prefer as a RHR?

I am not sure I like it. Just being honest, but I am also not a huge 5 stone fan. Definitely not working with the E- ring. I would rather it be a smidge more petite?

L

lydial

Thanks! Appreciate honesty. She’s returning it. Mind sharing what you dislike about 5-stones? And what you’d prefer as a RHR?

I am not really a style guru but I wear a cluster as a RHR or I vary up a few vintage pieces including a sterling silver spoon ring that was my grandmother’s “wedding ring” when she “remarried” in the 70’s (apparently that was a tall tale since she never remarried but I always believed her and loved the ring as a child so she left it to me...) I think 5 stones often look too wide like the one you are returning. Maybe a stack of engraved or pave bands as RHR’s?

snowballs mom

Shiny_Rock
I think the ring is beautiful. However, I tried on a five stone as a right hand ring with smaller diamonds than that (maybe .25 pts? - it's been a really long time) and did not like it. I wear a size 7 and have long fingers. I thought he ring felt and looked too wide for my finger. I then saw the same band on an acquaintance who wears a size 8 and has larger hands overall - it was perfect for her. Maybe a three stone with larger diamonds would be something she would like? Or perhaps a graduated five stone? I know most people like to use odd numbers, but have a four stone band made of unmatched smaller OECs I inherited from my great grandmother that fits my finger really well. It is a good width for my finger and also looks good on my daughter's much smaller hand.

PintoBean

Ideal_Rock
Premium
The ring isnt quite right for her finger. It is tbe curve, size, the prongs, everything.

To me, the way it looks, it is a setting cast for a different size that they could only size down so much. That's why it doesnt look quite right on her finger.

I would start over with a vendor like IDJ or other PS recommended vendor and show them this thread so they understand the back story.

Izzy70

Shiny_Rock
I am not very experienced with ring ideas but to me the 5 diamonds are too big at the moment. I would size down the stones so they take up the same side by side measurement as 4 of the stones you have now if that makes sense!
I have a 5 stone diamond and pink sapphire ring and when I look side onto mine the last stones just go to the curve of my finger where they touch the next fingers

EC8

Shiny_Rock
IMHO, the ring looks too wide; if you like the size of the stones maybe consider a four stone ring?
For visual reference, below is photo of my vintage ring with OEC diamonds that are similar carat size - approx .3ct each (4.2/4.3mm in diameter).

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm not liking the way it looks on her either. I think the stones are too big for her petite finger (I mentioned this might be a problem in your other thread).
I'm not liking the BN prongs either. Too big, too bulb-like, too distracting.

I love a good 5 stone ring but I think she needs to hit up a few stores and find a nice size that looks and feels good on her small fingers.
Move forward from there.

I'm sorry it didnt work out. I'm glad BN has a good return policy!

syndrome

Rough_Rock
We’re returning it. I believe she’s tried on .20s in person but it was on a stock size so it was still a challenge to see how it would lay in her size. It’s been a learning curve for sure!

I think the ring is beautiful. However, I tried on a five stone as a right hand ring with smaller diamonds than that (maybe .25 pts? - it's been a really long time) and did not like it. I wear a size 7 and have long fingers. I thought he ring felt and looked too wide for my finger. I then saw the same band on an acquaintance who wears a size 8 and has larger hands overall - it was perfect for her. Maybe a three stone with larger diamonds would be something she would like? Or perhaps a graduated five stone? I know most people like to use odd numbers, but have a four stone band made of unmatched smaller OECs I inherited from my great grandmother that fits my finger really well. It is a good width for my finger and also looks good on my daughter's much smaller hand.

syndrome

Rough_Rock
I'm not liking the way it looks on her either. I think the stones are too big for her petite finger (I mentioned this might be a problem in your other thread).
I'm not liking the BN prongs either. Too big, too bulb-like, too distracting.

I love a good 5 stone ring but I think she needs to hit up a few stores and find a nice size that looks and feels good on her small fingers.
Move forward from there.

I'm sorry it didnt work out. I'm glad BN has a good return policy!

Yes, thank you! Definitely the voice of a seasoned jewelry guru. I’ll look into IDJ and Whiteflash. Or maybe go a different route altogether. Cheers!

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It’s too overwhelming for her petite finger. Smaller or less stones. If it’s a RHR how about a nice three stone?

motownmama

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I wear the same size. I’ve got a 5 stone with .20s. I’m out of town, but there’re pics of it on PS

jbake

Brilliant_Rock
I think for it to look less boxy, it needs a setting that follows the curve of her finger. With such a small finger, that may mean stepping down in stone size, too.

Have you looked through the five stone ring thread to see what different stone/setting combinations look like on smaller fingers?

Lookinagain

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm not a fan of the setting. That may be what is making it look bar like. I think something with more delicate prongs would look better on her finger. Maybe something set more like this would show the shape of the stones more.

jepr

Rough_Rock
The diamond size look good. Maybe you can consider a different setting that's less bulky on her petite finger? Try checking U-Prong or Shared Prong!

Siamese Kitty

Brilliant_Rock
I think it's stunning, but I believe the issue is the diamond size above all else. I was looking at my mom's 1ctw 5 stone ring from Whiteflash last night and it fills her size 6.5 finger across. What if you did a three stone ring with maybe even slightly bigger stones if she likes the presence? Or if she doesn't mind going down in diamond size and she wanted to stay with Bluenile, that garland band is so pretty. Not sure if it would be comfortable, though? I guess you could potentially have the same issue with width.

https://www.bluenile.com/garland-diamond-ring-platinum_42413

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results