shape
carat
color
clarity

5 stone diamond ring-advice please!!!

Logan1373

Rough_Rock
I am trying to decide what size 5 stone diamond ring to get. I currently have a 2.25 round solitaire and a eternity band with 10 pt stones. I would like to o get a 5 stone ring with either 25pt, 30pt or 35pt each diamonds. I will wear this ring with my solitaire and sometimes on my left hand with my eternity band. I don't want to over power my solitaire but also want good coverage. I have huge fingers...size 8.5 Advice please!!!!

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Logan :wavey:

Taste is always subjective, but I'll happily share mine with you!

I think anything over 25 pt'ers will overwhelm your 2.25 center stone. But 5 x .25 won't give you the finger coverage you need. So I'd be looking at a 7 stone ring. 7 x .25 is a lovely spread and very blingy, but shouldn't overwhelm your solitaire. They can also be set lower, so as not to 'climb up the edge' of your e-ring, overwhelming it with height as well as size.

I wear a 7 stone Tiffany bar set ring (if you look at the thread I currently have on SMTB you'll see it) and it's 7 x .15. Since it's bar set, it spreads out further and goes side to side on my finger. I used to wear this with a 2.15 solitaire but, frankly, always thought the solitaire was a tad small for it. I certainly wouldn't have wanted to go any bigger with the stones on the band.

But it's all personal taste, and there are ladies here with smaller solitaires than yours (NOT 'small' - 2.25ct is a BIG stone) who also rock 35pt stones in their 5 stone rings. So if it looks good to your eye, I say just go with it!

BTW, I recently bought a 3.11ct stone, which is what my thread on SMTB is about, and I think the 15pt stones look just right with that. However - if it was a RIGHT hand ring....the sky is the limit, in my book!

Good luck!

Victoria10

Shiny_Rock
Hi, I have a size 8 finger and five stone ring. It is 1.6ctw and I also have a 2.23 solitaire. I was going to wear the five stone with my solitaire but love it as a right hand ring instead. I'll show pic with solitaire to help. It covers the top, which I prefer because of my sensitive skin.

_29269.jpg

motownmama

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think that's a great example of good proportion. However, get what looks good to YOU or you won't be pleased. Have you tried on 5-stones?

lilsweetie

Rough_Rock
This is a 2.31 carat solitaire with a 5 stone band (0.2 carats per stone).
I found the wedding band overpowering at this size and I think a less blingy wedding band allows the solitaire to shine better and to take center stage.

img_20150114_170424_1_.jpg

Logan1373

Rough_Rock
Thank you for all the pictures! That is so helpful! I have gone to a few jewerly stores to look but have not been able to try anything on. I put it on my pinkie lol. I def do not want to overpower my solitare. If I do the .35 each then it would be better as a right hand ring instead of pairing it with my solitaire. If I get .25 stones then I would need 7 for finger cover.

What quality stones did you ladies use in your bands?

Thank you!!

Logan1373

Rough_Rock
Victoria10 - your diamonds are .32-.33 each? Will you show me a picture of just the band on your hand? Thank you!

Victoria10

Shiny_Rock
Hi Logan, I believe they are all 0.32 ct each so 0.35 would look very nice for you too. It is G color VS clarity and excellent cut with u-prong. I hope pics help, I know exactly what you mean about not really be able to try on and then when I do web search not really any close to size. I'll show top and side for more angles. Yeah I found smaller bands with e-ring help with diamond center (currently waiting for my single Prong 3pointer diamonds to pair with e- ring). The nice size 5 stone on the right gives me plenty of bling without anything competing. But it is all personal and when I wear the five stone with e-ring it's a ton of sparkle. Please post can't wait to see final decisions

Sorry edit for diamond size in band

_29319.jpg

_29320.jpg

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results