shape
carat
color
clarity

5 stone 2 carat ring wdyt?

Diamonds4

Rough_Rock
Just got this - what do you think? I really wanted a 5 stone ring, was considering going with the 3 carat but think I'm pretty happy with the 2 ct. I'm a size 4.75 and this covers my entire finger I wonder if the 3 would have just been too big.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
The two carat one is almost too big on your finger, so absolutely I would not go to 3 cts. I wear 5.5 and I could not fit five .60 stones on my finger.

Diamonds4

Rough_Rock
thanks diamondseeker2006 - that was my hunch I just never had a chance to try on a 3 ct so I was kinda wondering about it. I haven't sized this ring down yet (its a size 5 so it needs to be taken in a tad) which is probably part of the reason it looks a little big on my hand. hopefully once it is sized it will be perfectly proportionate...

Diamonds4

Rough_Rock
so, what would you love to pair this ring with? I've tried wearing it with my princess cut wedding set but it doesn't really go together (and the wedding set isn't of great quality because we were young and poor when we got married ;-) ) .... so it looks pretty dingy compared to this beauty.

I am thinking of getting something to go with this 5 stoner for our 10th anniversary (which is 1.5 years away...) --- what would would you choose? I was thinking either a 3 stone ring or a solitaire.

What would be the most proportionate to these 5 .40ers? Maybe a 2 ct 3 stone ring (1 carat in center and .50 on either side)? Or a 1.5 ct solitaire?

VRBeauty

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
If it were my ring - I'd go just a bit smaller than the 2 carat total. But - it's all a matter of personal preference, and what looks (and feels) good to me might look too small to you.

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I have a 2 carat five stone ring and I am a size 5. It was made by Memoire and sets very low to the finger and curves just right. I have finger to finger coverage but wouldn't consider going any larger. If the ring setting is high, I would imagine it would be cumbersome. If it's not comfortable, chances are it won't get worn as much and that would be a waste so I'd stick with what you have.

Do you have pictures of the side view? Just wondering how high it sets off the finger.

Diamonds4

Rough_Rock
MissGotRocks|1431638540|3876833 said:
I have a 2 carat five stone ring and I am a size 5. It was made by Memoire and sets very low to the finger and curves just right. I have finger to finger coverage but wouldn't consider going any larger. If the ring setting is high, I would imagine it would be cumbersome. If it's not comfortable, chances are it won't get worn as much and that would be a waste so I'd stick with what you have.

Do you have pictures of the side view? Just wondering how high it sets off the finger.

I don't have a pick at the moment but I know what you mean - the setting is very low to the finger and it is quite comfortable. if it wasn't it would definently be going back!

lovemybling

Brilliant_Rock
I think that the 2 carat is a good size. VERY blingy. I don't know if you could go bigger unless maybe you wanted to go with a different shape stone.

BUT if you love the rounds I say go for it.

Can't wait to see what you choose

:bigsmile:

lknvrb4

Ideal_Rock
VRBeauty|1431632215|3876802 said:
If it were my ring - I'd go just a bit smaller than the 2 carat total. But - it's all a matter of personal preference, and what looks (and feels) good to me might look too small to you.

I would go smaller as well, but it really is a matter of opinion and what works best for you.

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
If that is comfortable on you I think it looks good (once sized down). It's actually on the large size for you tiny fingers (luck you)!
I think a solitaire would go best with it.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results