Votes: 1 14.3%
  • 3. Neither. What do you suggest?

Votes: 5 71.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

ZestfullyBling

Ideal_Rock
Premium
So i should receive my BGD 3 stone this weekend. I wanted to purchase a 7 stone to compliment the 3 stone ring. My three stone will have 1 ct center with two 4.4mm stone on the sides. I have seen some photos with 3 stone rings mostly with thin diamond bands, plain bands and 3 pointers. I haven't really seen any bands with stones larger that 3 points as a compliment to a 3 stone ring.

I have been contemplating Whiteflash 7 stone and IDJ. More leaning toward IDJ because they have a 7 stone with low set stones.

I'd like to do a poll. I need and would greatly appreciate opinions and feedback. Whats your opinion. 5 pointers or 7 pointers or neither?

Thank you PS family! :))

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Re: 5 or 7 pointer band with 3 stone ring- Need Opinions Ple

Please post pictures of your engagement ring, head on, and the profile . What size if your center stone? What shape. We need all that.

ZestfullyBling

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Hi Gypsy, my bad. I wont have the ring until the weekend.

I may get glamour shots today or Thursday, however, I have attached photos of the setting to give you an idea. My diamonds are slightly larger than those pictured, but shows you the setting.

The 3rd photo is of summertime's gorgeous BGD 3stone with pear sides and her band with 6 pointers. So happy I found this because my center is around the same size and my side stones are rounds with .65 ctw. I'm thinking seven stone with 7 pointers would look awesome!!!

Looking forward to your feedback. Thank you in advance!!

_37302.jpg

_37303.jpg

_37304.jpg

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Hi Zestfully bling, gorgeous ring. :love: :love: :love:
I choose low profile 5 pointers as the largest you should go. I think larger might overwhelm your gorgeous ring.

But personally I might do much smaller as to not take anything away from the main attraction but keep in mind I wear 1 or 2 plain bands with my ER so my taste goes toward the plain/simple more so than other people I think.

I voted neither since you asked what we would do. I would do smaller or a plain band.

Good luck and I look forward to seeing more pics of your gorgeous new ring and also seeing your final decision re the band. :appl:

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

I think you should go with 5 pointers or smaller and go half way around your finger (to get full coverage on top). I'm not
sure if 7 pointers will give you full coverage. If it will great...otherwise I think you need enough to get full coverage.

CRYSTAL24K

Brilliant_Rock

I would go with WF's Harmony Pave Band. I think that the sparkle factor will be great but not over powering. I stopped wearing my BGD Dream band with my plain solitaire because I found it distracting. I really want my e-ring to have center stage and not get lost in the mix- if that makes sense. I think that the Harmony will look amazing with your 3 stone which looks gorgeous BTW!

ZestfullyBling

Ideal_Rock
Premium

missy|1464175884|4036105 said:
Hi Zestfully bling, gorgeous ring. :love: :love: :love:
I choose low profile 5 pointers as the largest you should go. I think larger might overwhelm your gorgeous ring.

But personally I might do much smaller as to not take anything away from the main attraction but keep in mind I wear 1 or 2 plain bands with my ER so my taste goes toward the plain/simple more so than other people I think.

I voted neither since you asked what we would do. I would do smaller or a plain band.

Good luck and I look forward to seeing more pics of your gorgeous new ring and also seeing your final decision re the band. :appl:

Thank you Missy. I do not want to take away from my 3 stone at all. I have a couple of thin bands plain and diamond they may work. Thank you for your feedback!! ;))

ZestfullyBling

Ideal_Rock
Premium

tyty333|1464185859|4036132 said:
I think you should go with 5 pointers or smaller and go half way around your finger (to get full coverage on top). I'm not
sure if 7 pointers will give you full coverage. If it will great...otherwise I think you need enough to get full coverage.

I dont' know if 7 pointers will cover full finger. I may have to try some on at a B&M to get an idea.
thanks Tyty!!

ZestfullyBling

Ideal_Rock
Premium

CRYSTAL24K|1464190719|4036152 said:
I would go with WF's Harmony Pave Band. I think that the sparkle factor will be great but not over powering. I stopped wearing my BGD Dream band with my plain solitaire because I found it distracting. I really want my e-ring to have center stage and not get lost in the mix- if that makes sense. I think that the Harmony will look amazing with your 3 stone which looks gorgeous BTW!

Hi Crystal, thank you, and harmony is a beautiful band. Think its 1 pointers. I agree with you on the distraction. I want my 3 stone to be the star. Larger bling isn't always the answer. Sometimes the simple things are the most beautiful!! I appreciate your comment!!

ccuheartnurse

Brilliant_Rock
Premium

1st, congratulations on your new ring, it will be beautiful. :appl:

I like the idea of a 7 stone but with a 1ct centre & 4.4 mm sides, I would go with 3pt stones. There will be plenty of sparkle from a line of 3 pointers & also keep your band width a bit thinner.

Judy

Edited: Forgot to link the Adwar page of 3pt bands to give you an idea of what is available.
http://www.adwar.com/products/list?page=1&type=Wedding+Bands&per_page=300&size=3PT&shape=Round

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Something smaller than 5 points gets vote.

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock

If your ring is at BGD ask them to photograph it with the Dream band with 5 pointers. 9 five pointers would be the max. I think you have to see them together to see what you like.

angela06

Shiny_Rock

CRYSTAL24K|1464190719|4036152 said:

Crystal, if you ever get tired of your Dream band, I will happily take it back into the fold. I miss that little sparkler!

sarahb

Brilliant_Rock
Premium

Hi ZestfullyBling... I love 3 stone settings & it looks like you've picked a winner there, that is a beautiful setting! I also have a 3 stone, & had a heck of a time deciding what to do re wedding ring. Oh the agonizing!!

I went & tried on various sizes, & it really boils down to your personal likes. What makes your heart sing? From the sound of your post, you sound sort of hesitant, but want to consider a 5-7 point stone size in your band. Maybe wear your ering for a while to settle in with it before you pull the trigger? You can always go try some bands on with it & see what looks best to your eye & feels right.

I did end up with a Harmony from WF, it was a special order since I wanted the stones to be 2 pointers, & for me, it makes my heart sing. I had them make it as a partial (not full) eternity, with the stones ending at 7pm & 5pm (if you go by the face of a clock). Here's a pic to get an idea--keep in mind, my heart wanted a small band.

The Harmony is the closest to my ering, the other band is a 3 row pave also made by WF I bought preloved. The Harmony with my ering is what I wear most often, rather than the 3 row pave.

in_sun_6.jpg

ZestfullyBling

Ideal_Rock
Premium

ccuheartnurse - Thank you!!!! That is a beautiful uprong band btw. Great suggestion!!!

I appreciate you input neil & gpysy !! You have such a great eye! Dream band is gorgeous with the five pointers. I could inquire if they'd make it with 2 or 3 pointers. Great advise!!

ZestfullyBling

Ideal_Rock
Premium

sarahb|1464232284|4036366 said:
Hi ZestfullyBling... I love 3 stone settings & it looks like you've picked a winner there, that is a beautiful setting! I also have a 3 stone, & had a heck of a time deciding what to do re wedding ring. Oh the agonizing!!

I went & tried on various sizes, & it really boils down to your personal likes. What makes your heart sing? From the sound of your post, you sound sort of hesitant, but want to consider a 5-7 point stone size in your band. Maybe wear your ering for a while to settle in with it before you pull the trigger? You can always go try some bands on with it & see what looks best to your eye & feels right.

I did end up with a Harmony from WF, it was a special order since I wanted the stones to be 2 pointers, & for me, it makes my heart sing. I had them make it as a partial (not full) eternity, with the stones ending at 7pm & 5pm (if you go by the face of a clock). Here's a pic to get an idea--keep in mind, my heart wanted a small band.

The Harmony is the closest to my ering, the other band is a 3 row pave also made by WF I bought preloved. The Harmony with my ering is what I wear most often, rather than the 3 row pave.

sarabb your 3 stone it outta this world!!! The proportions...very nice. :love: Mine is a baby in comparison. The band with 2 pointers compliments you 3 stone very well. I appreciate the visual.

ZestfullyBling

Ideal_Rock
Premium

I appreciate everyone's feedback. I have some much to consider. I dont want my 3 stone competing with any other piece. I want it to be the "star". Now, Im certainly leaning towards .015-.03 point diamonds for a band or maybe just a plain band.

Thank you again!!! :))

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results