shape
carat
color
clarity

5 black crystals in a VS2.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Valleyboy

Rough_Rock
Hi everyone.

I''ve finally found a fantastic diamond which sneaks under my budget! It sparkles like crazy and is the exact size I was after too. Here''s the Dossier:

--------------

Report Type: GIA Diamond Dossier®
Date of Issue: April 03, 2006
Round Brilliant
Measurements: 5.87 - 5.91 x 3.65 mm
Carat Weight: 0.77
Color Grade: F
Clarity Grade: VS2
Cut Grade: Excellent
Proportions:
Depth: 62.0 %
Table: 56 %
Crown Angle: 35°
Crown Height: 15.5 %
Pavilion Angle: 40.8°
Pavilion Depth: 43 %
Star length: 55 %
Lower Half: 75 %
Girdle: Medium to Slightly Thick, Faceted
Culet: None
Finish:
Polish: Excellent
Symmetry: Excellent
Fluorescence: None
Clarity Characteristics: Crystal

---------------

My only concern is that it has what could only be described as a ring of 5 small black crystal inclusions when viewed with a loop from the base.They are also visible through a loop on the side and I can make out two of them through a loop from the top too.

I can''t really remember if they are visible from the base or side without a loop but the diamond is definitely eye clean through the top (I can''t see past the sparkles!).

When viewing the diamond through a scope, even though it is not graded H&A it actually has beautiful Hearts & Arrows. But, I can see two clear black spots in the arrows and all five clearly in the hearts.

I am comforted in the fact that all of the inclusions are in the bottom of the diamond and I love this diamond but would like your opinions, should I be concerned about these crystals or am I being too picky?

Thank you all!

JulieN

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Clarity is graded from a top view. Whether it bothers you or not, that's your call.

But if you can only see it with a loupe... just don't give her a loupe with the ring.

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It is a matter of how much these inclusions bug the wearer...if the diamond is unset they might be a non issue when mounted in a ring. Only you can decide if this diamond is otherwise what you want, but if the diamond is clean face up and you have to use a loupe to see the inclusions from the side, then I would relax and call it good.
1.gif

DiamondExpert

Brilliant_Rock
It''s possible that what you are seeing is a single inclusion which is being reflected, but impossible to tell since the dossier does not have a plot.

In any event, it''s not going to be visible with the unaided eye...however, if this "gnaws" at your brain, seek another stone.

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 5/19/2006 3:01:16 AM
Author: DiamondExpert
...however, if this ''gnaws'' at your brain, seek another stone.
hee - nice description Gary, I will have to remember that one!
36.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results