shape
carat
color
clarity

5,000 budget, what kind of the diamond can I get?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

hutucong

Rough_Rock
Hi

I want to buy an engagement ring. The budget is around 5,000 (for the diamond). My gf is a tiny girl. So I want a diamond which has a good balance between cutting/color/clarity and size. However I would like it is larger than 1 carat. I am wondering if anyone can give me some idea?

Thanks!

MissAva

Ideal_Rock

JulieN

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
5000: I, SI1, 1 ct, branded ideal cut

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Are fancy shapes in the run? Say, H-I/Si1
38.gif
Taking the requirement that the stone looks fairly large for the money, this would be an oval or pear for me... rounds are not terribly large looking and they are the most expensive to boot (prices are not precisely the same across shapes).

E.g. pear 1.43cts, I/SI1 (GIA)

size: 9.7 x 6.3mm

table: 60%
depth: 59%
finish: Vg/Vg

There are not too many diamonds just below 1.5cts in any shape, and this one seems reasonably large for its weight. IMO, the clarity plot looks encouraging - hope the feather under the table is deep enough not to show. Liked the 'Very Good' finish grades too. Sure enough, how it looks remains to be seen.

Just an idea.

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
$5000-5200 should buy you a nice 1ct rb G SI1.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results