shape
carat
color
clarity

4mm and up Cathedral settings....

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Jean

Shiny_Rock
Hello everyone...
emotion-5.gif
Does anyone have pics of a thick cathedral setting, 4mm and up with about and 1ct and up diamond set in it? If anyone has that type of setting can you post some pics? Thanks all..

Jean

Shiny_Rock
Or does anyone have just thick settings with about a carat or so? Anything would help... thanks everyone

CrownJewel

Brilliant_Rock
did you want to see 1ct diamonds of a specific shape? if you don't really care what shape, you could look at some of the lucida settings. those might be just a little under 4mm, but pretty close. i think those look beautiful. maybe check out jfo's radiant.

Jean

Shiny_Rock
Any shape works for me.... just looking to get some ideas...Thanks

Kerbear560

Shiny_Rock
Hi Shana Jean! Here are a few pics of my e-ring. It''s a custom X-prong style setting- it''s slightly wider than the Vatche version at exactly 4mm, allowing a wedding band to sit flush. The diamond is approximately 1.3 carats. Hope that helps!
1.gif

IMGP1279web1.jpg

Kerbear560

Shiny_Rock
Hand shot:

IMGP1225web1.jpg

Jean

Shiny_Rock
emotion-5.gif
Oh Kerbear560, that helps so much, I just wanted some ideas. I love the thick plain look. It is so simple and stunning, thank you for posting that, I love your ring, stunning!!!!!!

Kerbear560

Shiny_Rock
Another hand shot (Notice the back of my kitty''s head in the background- she was sitting on my lap while I was taking this pic. She has to be right in the middle of things when there''s something that she deems interesting going on...which includes taking pictures, lol):

Untitled-1web1.jpg

Jean

Shiny_Rock
Very pretty shot and cute cat. My dogs and cat are the same way. What does your wedding band look llike?

CrownJewel

Brilliant_Rock
Here''s a photo of jfo''s set with a radiant in a lucida type setting and her wedding band. I love her set. I think her e-ring band is a little under 4mm, but I''m really not sure. The diamond is 1.23 carats. Here''s a link to her thread: jfo''s radiant

jfoset.jpg

Kerbear560

Shiny_Rock
Date: 12/4/2006 1:12:51 PM
Author: Shana Jean
emotion-5.gif
Oh Kerbear560, that helps so much, I just wanted some ideas. I love the thick plain look. It is so simple and stunning, thank you for posting that, I love your ring, stunning!!!!!!

Thanks!
1.gif

Kerbear560

Shiny_Rock
Actually, I don''t have a wedding band yet (the wedding isn''t until September). The plan is to flank my e-ring with two very thin micropave eternity bands. This pic was my inspiration to pair a micropave band with it:

mpavethkband.jpg

Kerbear560

Shiny_Rock
And MINE!!’s beautiful set was the inspiration to have two bands:

MINEweb1.jpg

Jean

Shiny_Rock
Kerbear. Love that wedding band. It will look great!!!! I love Mine''s as well. So pretty, I love the thick look of those settings, very striking. I am not into dainty jewlery so this is giving me some great ideas. Thanks guys

Girlrocks

Brilliant_Rock
Mine is not a cathedral setting, but my e-ring is 1.29ct F on 4mm 14K WG band. Wedding band is 1.80ct F eternity band.

Pic2.jpg.jpg

Girlrocks

Brilliant_Rock
My uncle was a jeweler who gave my aunt this marquise as one of her several rings. She wore it with a diamond band of some kind (can''t remember exactly) and I always loved the look so when I got engaged, he made my engagement ring just like hers (except obviously for the shape). I don''t wear this, just inherited it because I loved it so much. I think it''s about 1.5-1.75ct, don''t know what color or any other specs (I guess I should get it appraised). Anyway, showing it with my wedding band.

AMring.jpg.jpg

Jean

Shiny_Rock
Girlrocks, absolutly beautiful...love that wedding band.....:) Thank you for posting that for me, I appreciate it.

jfo

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks, CrownJewel, for posting my rings!
Kerbear and Girlrocks--I LOVE your rings! I really do love the thicker band look with the solitaire. Modern and classy at the same time
36.gif
SO beautiful with the round solitaires especially... makes me want a round sometimes...
31.gif

Jean

Shiny_Rock
Awesome rings...Girlrocks... love that look. Sometimes I want that shape diamond. So pretty and you do not see a lot of them..... thanks for posting that. I really appreciate it.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results