shape
carat
color
clarity

4ct MRB In Tacori, Too Much?

AuntKiki

Shiny_Rock
Hi PSers! I hardly ever post but I love PS. I recently upgraded to a 4.05 MRB. Had it in a temp setting then impulsively decided to set in a custom Tacori RoyalT. It’s beautiful and amazing and I love it. The profile. The swoop of the shoulders. The basket. The prongs. They’re gorgeous. But ....I’m not very comfortable wearing it? I’ve always worn plain solitaires so all the diamonds on the setting are a complete turnaround. I’m very self conscious when I wear it, like it’s screaming look at me!!! Is it over the top, or have I not adjusted yet?
I’m also not loving how it looks with my wedding bands. The Soleste is a nice fit but the diamonds sparkle differently?? They are not nearly as bright as the Tacori. I’ve cleaned it to death, I think it’s just the different style setting?
The Legacy seems a little clunky and the plain sides seem too different from the elaborate ering sides?
I tried and liked it with the Tiffany Embrace eternity. But I’m not sure adding more diamonds is going to make me feel better.
Please give honest opinions. Is it too much and over the top? Would the stone look better, be better showcased, in a plain solitaire?

Attachments

• 05D6286C-307E-4DCC-BE91-83E88A06562E.jpeg
    05D6286C-307E-4DCC-BE91-83E88A06562E.jpeg
    114.7 KB · Views: 121
  • 2E5A0D27-EEB2-4F47-8311-6EA8D9390BC5.jpeg
    2E5A0D27-EEB2-4F47-8311-6EA8D9390BC5.jpeg
    99.2 KB · Views: 115
  • 73363A01-B247-4434-989C-0E5F212E6C24.jpeg
    73363A01-B247-4434-989C-0E5F212E6C24.jpeg
    186.1 KB · Views: 121
  • D0E86405-3AC4-41BE-922A-9B32E7BC6DB8.jpeg
    D0E86405-3AC4-41BE-922A-9B32E7BC6DB8.jpeg
    147.8 KB · Views: 149
  • FDB0743D-2CE7-4255-8B7D-F126137C85C5.jpeg
    FDB0743D-2CE7-4255-8B7D-F126137C85C5.jpeg
    176.4 KB · Views: 121
  • 76F5C125-D900-481D-BFB9-0042BC160037.jpeg
    76F5C125-D900-481D-BFB9-0042BC160037.jpeg
    136.8 KB · Views: 117
Last edited:

AuntKiki

Shiny_Rock
Thank you Austina! You may be right about PS!

AuntKiki

Shiny_Rock
I thought it would look vintage, but to me it looks very contemporary/modern/new.

kgizo

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think it looks lovely on it’s own, but don’t care for it with the bands. Does Tacori have a band to go with it? Would you wear it solo or do you prefer to wear ER with a band?

AuntKiki

Shiny_Rock
I don’t want to wear it alone so I need to find a band. I haven’t looked at the tacori bands yet, I don’t want an exact match but I’m sure I could find something I like.
I’m just afraid I’ll put more money into this and still wish for a solitaire.

kgizo

Ideal_Rock
Premium
How long have you been wearing it? Perhaps give yourself 2-3 months to see if you get used to the extra sparkle. No need to rush into anything.

nala

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I don’t want to wear it alone so I need to find a band. I haven’t looked at the tacori bands yet, I don’t want an exact match but I’m sure I could find something I like.
I’m just afraid I’ll put more money into this and still wish for a solitaire.

No! No! Your ring is the best of both worlds! It’s a blingy solitaire! Have you considered pairing it with a plain band? Same width and height? Maybe that will give you the solitaire feel?

AuntKiki

Shiny_Rock
I ordered a bunch of cheapy bands from amazon. None of them seemed perfect. I like it with a plain 3mm band. It wasn’t thrilling me tho!
I’ve had it for 3 weeks. I definitely need to go very slowly with any expensive decisions!

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Too much? For me? heck no!! Last time I tried on a ring it was a 22ct blue sapphire with 5ct worth of diamonds in the halo. worked for my hand pretty nicely!

All jokes aside, its only too big if you're the one self conscious about it. I think it looks great on you though.

AuntKiki

Shiny_Rock
Too much? For me? heck no!! Last time I tried on a ring it was a 22ct blue sapphire with 5ct worth of diamonds in the halo. worked for my hand pretty nicely!

All jokes aside, its only too big if you're the one self conscious about it. I think it looks great on you though.

5ct just in the halo! Sounds incredible!
I'm good with the size of my stone, I'm concerned about the ornate setting! Like it should be a big stone or a fancy setting, but not both??

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
5ct just in the halo! Sounds incredible!
I'm good with the size of my stone, I'm concerned about the ornate setting! Like it should be a big stone or a fancy setting, but not both??

Oh it was. the whole thing cost more than my house....lol a girl can dream though! Your ring is truly beautiful and I say that as a non diamond person. The setting and stone are really well matched in my view, and I don't really see it as being too fancy. Ornate sure but not over the top.

bludiva

Ideal_Rock
Premium
i think it would look good with a very thin 1.5-2mm plain band, maybe with more of a squared off look vs. the typical rounded dome to echo the geometry of the ER. congrats!

KLE

Shiny_Rock
I’m a solitaire person but I think this looks really nice! I do prefer it with the plain band, but thinner. Maybe a 2mm?

AuntKiki

Shiny_Rock
i think it would look good with a very thin 1.5-2mm plain band, maybe with more of a squared off look vs. the typical rounded dome to echo the geometry of the ER. congrats!

I have an old 2mm but it's really not tall enough. Squared off is a good idea, I'm going to look around for one to try!

lambskin

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Get what you like.

headlight

Ideal_Rock
It’s gorgeous.
Clearly if you are wearing a 4ct+ diamond you know it’s not subtle!
I do not like the plain band you showed it with, all wrong IMO.
I say no band, as it already has a lot going on. I think a band is just too much, unless there is a matching band that fits flush.
But as is I love it and it’s so well done, beautifully executed.
I think the size of your diamond and the “elaborateness” of the mounting suit one another. It’s evenly balanced.
And that’s also why I say don’t even go there by adding a band. Even though it’s a huge diamond and an embellished mounting, it isn’t going overboard... I think if you add a band it’s sort of like “really, was there a need to add even more diamonds lol!”
There is still a lightness to it as is.

AuntKiki

Shiny_Rock
I figured out how to quote and multi quote...
Get what you like.
I like everything : )

I think it’s gorgeous! Wear it proud!
Thank you!

It’s gorgeous.
Clearly if you are wearing a 4ct+ diamond you know it’s not subtle!
I do not like the plain band you showed it with, all wrong IMO.
I say no band, as it already has a lot going on. I think a band is just too much, unless there is a matching band that fits flush.
But as is I love it and it’s so well done, beautifully executed.
I think the size of your diamond and the “elaborateness” of the mounting suit one another. It’s evenly balanced.
And that’s also why I say don’t even go there by adding a band. Even though it’s a huge diamond and an embellished mounting, it isn’t going overboard... I think if you add a band it’s sort of like “really, was there a need to add even more diamonds lol!”
There is still a lightness to it as is.
No, its definitely not subtle! Do you think a really skinny diamond band, like the Tiffany Metro, would still be overkill? How about a skinny little plain band, 1-1.5mm? I really want to wear a band with it.

Reactions: AV_

kindred

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I think it is gorgeous! I agree with those who wonder if Tacori makes a matching band.

AuntKiki

Shiny_Rock
Does Tacori have a matching band for that mounting?

I think it is gorgeous! I agree with those who wonder if Tacori makes a matching band.

Im not sure if there's an exact match, I did try 2 different ones, my sales lady told me one was the small one and the other was the large one that went with my setting. But I didn't really pay much attention as at the time I planned to wear a band I already had.
I've never had a matching set, maybe it's time!

prs

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I agree with those who say that once you have an absolutely fabulous diamond in an absolutely fabulous setting on your finger, anything else would be overkill. That's why you can't find anything you like, nothing could possibly add anything to that ring!

AuntKiki

Shiny_Rock
I agree with those who say that once you have an absolutely fabulous diamond in an absolutely fabulous setting on your finger, anything else would be overkill. That's why you can't find anything you like, nothing could possibly add anything to that ring!

Aww thank you prs, that's very kind of you to say!

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love love love this! Tacori was one of my first loves, so I am a sucker for their designs :)

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results