shape
carat
color
clarity

47th street- March 24 2020

Rockdiamond

Ideal_Rock
Trade
I needed to pick up a few things from the office- our building is open in a limited fashion- only tenants are allowed in. This is the case for the major buildings, such as 580 Fifth Avenue.
FedEx is accepting shipments.
The street is completely deserted.

Looking west on 47th Street.

IMG_0905.JPG

Looking South on Fifth Avenue, from 47th Street
IMG_0907.JPG

Attachments

• IMG_0906.JPG
    IMG_0906.JPG
    313.7 KB · Views: 39

Bonfire

Ideal_Rock
Premium
That is so surreal! Stay safe!

distracts

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow! It's crazy to see it so empty!

Rockdiamond

Ideal_Rock
Trade
It is so freakin weird.
I took the pics- but every time I look at the one looking south on Fifth Avenue, I have trouble orienting myself.....

Rhino

Ideal_Rock
Trade
thanks for sharing Dave. WOW that is a very odd sight to behold. I'm glad FedEx is still operating to keep trade flowing.

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It really is unbelievable - sad that such a bustling place is deserted but happy to see that people are really trying to take it all seriously. NY has been hard hit and I hope how soon things can be 'business as usual'!

joelly

Ideal_Rock
It is ghost town everywhere.

As a country, we seem to be so busy ALL the time. It takes a virus of global proportion to stop us in our thread. Hopefully this will serve as a reminder to the government that we are just too busy as a nation. Most importantly the government has to take some measure as to what the country is so busy about. But then again, the government cares only about the government. It is never about the people.

Leadership is not the way it suppose to be.

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I needed to pick up a few things from the office- our building is open in a limited fashion- only tenants are allowed in. This is the case for the major buildings, such as 580 Fifth Avenue.

David, you should throw some diamonds out the window from your office to see if anybody there to pick it up.. ;))

Q

Queenie60

Take care David - wishing you and your family safety and health. Look forward to more prosperous and happy times.

BlingObsession

Shiny_Rock
Premium
Scary and good - both at the same time ...

We are also heading that way too in Australia - super quiet in the city centres.

Hoarding is an issue here but we still have wine ... no loo paper tho

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Glad to see that people are finally listening. My DS went in to lockdown yesterday in Austin, and we’ve been in lock down here in the UK for a couple of days now.

Yesterday the Police were called to tell people to go home as it was not appropriate for them to be out sunbathing in a public sake. WTH?????

OoohShiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium
As a country, we seem to be so busy ALL the time. It takes a virus of global proportion to stop us in our thread. Hopefully this will serve as a reminder to the government that we are just too busy as a nation. Most importantly the government has to take some measure as to what the country is so busy about. But then again, the government cares only about the government. It is never about the people.

Leadership is not the way it suppose to be.
I am strongly inclined to agree with this!

Output, GDP, tax receipts, running faster and faster on the treadmill to try to keep up with bills that constantly climb because the recipients of the monies expect individuals' incomes to rise and their take of the money to therefore increase...

These are not accurate measures of Quality of Life, which should be focused on things like good times with family and friends, and taking the time to improve yourself and enjoy yourself in the process. Or just have the time to actually relax!

Yesterday the Police were called to tell people to go home as it was not appropriate for them to be out sunbathing in a public sake. WTH?????
I see how this is against the lockdown rules, but equally, if we are permitted to be outside for exercise once a day as long as we distance ourselves from others, we are arguably safe laying on our own towel on the grass, at least 6' away from each other?! lol

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
That’s just it @OoohShiny, they weren’t, there were groups of them together.

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock

IMG_0905.JPG

Looking South on Fifth Avenue, from 47th Street
IMG_0907.JPG

wow
from many thousands of miles away i find those images distressing
but people are doing what they are ment to and that's what needs to be done

love to New York
please get well
stay safe in your bubbles New Yorkers

Rockdiamond

Ideal_Rock
Trade
David, you should throw some diamonds out the window from your office to see if anybody there to pick it up.. ;))
Or we could throw some Dancing Fire out the window to see if he flies..............
ITS A JOKE!!,

Rockdiamond

Ideal_Rock
Trade
There were a group of NYC Police officers standing around. They were there to discourage any groups of people from forming. But there were none.Normally there’s people milling about in groups all up and down the block

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
If NYC were like that more often I would drive in!

Rockdiamond

Ideal_Rock
Trade
If NYC were like that more often I would drive in!
For our NYC peeps.... it was finally fun ( again) to drive in the city. Of course I wish it wasn’t, based on the reason.....
But they actually made a few changes for the better!
An example- Central Park West. Used to be Amsterdam Ave was a great way to get from midtown to 110th street.
Then they put bike lanes in. Now it’s a parking lot ( well , not really now, but normally)
Anyway- I cruised up CPW and guess what- they’ve sequenced the lights so you can drive from 59th all the way to the top of the park without stopping.
It might seem..... silly. But for those of us who grew up driving around NYC it’s become totally impossible. So even a little good news is welcome.

AV_

Ideal_Rock
@joelly I hear this in the political talk of Andalusia - not quite a joke.

Slickk

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Anyway- I cruised up CPW and guess what- they’ve sequenced the lights so you can drive from 59th all the way to the top of the park without stopping.
It might seem..... silly. But for those of us who grew up driving around NYC it’s become totally impossible. So even a little good news is welcome.

:lol: @Rockdiamond Your comment made me nostalgic of a time when my dad would drive us into Manhattan and make a game of how many lights he could get though without stopping. He had it down to a science (what speed I can’t remember)... good times ♥️

Rockdiamond

Ideal_Rock
Trade
:lol: @Rockdiamond Your comment made me nostalgic of a time when my dad would drive us into Manhattan and make a game of how many lights he could get though without stopping. He had it down to a science (what speed I can’t remember)... good times ♥️
It used to be 30mph.....

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results