shape
carat
color
clarity

43.6 Carat Black Diamond on ebay

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

MeanRex

Rough_Rock
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2624712930&category=10216
Item # 2624712930
Say its valued around $5m and will start biddings at $.5m
Interesting. Never really seen black diamonds before, and this thing is huge.

Wish they had some better more lit up pictures of that monstrosity :D

gemsource

Rough_Rock
yea right 5million huh,ive got tons of black diamonds,ive been trying to dump them for 50 bucks a carat ive got a pill bottle full of 10 carat stones,they got a little movement from fashion designer jewelry,all little stones all i managed to sell,the big ones fish tank decoration
now is it natural or radiated?mostlikely radiated.
hey bort is fetching big bucks now
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
wavey.gif
wavey.gif
wavey.gif
wavey.gif

mike04456

Brilliant_Rock
No question that's an irradiated stone. You can see right through one of the upper girdle facets. $500K?
rolleyes.gif

By the way, there's no such thing as "Fancy Vivid Black," and there are plenty of diamonds that are far larger than that one.

Giangi

Ideal_Rock
Hey, what's that FANCY VIVID BLACK??! It doesn't exists such a thing! That's a ripoff! The 75.2% depth isn't bad either
2.gif
9.gif
!!!!!
eek.gif
eek.gif
Also, it looks extremely blemished... Something like a P 2 or more likely a P 3... And look at that niiiiiiiiiiiiiiiice big extra facet in the pavilion... What a nice cut!
2.gif

gemsource

Rough_Rock
i also got a 28 carat black,5 million what a joke,next week they will be selling grandmas kidney,how about a big snazzy chunk of bort in the ol solitare
tongue.gif

Ginny

Rough_Rock
Did you see any of the other trash by this same seller? Check out this one: That's one giant hunk of salt!
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=15182&item=2625333638
14.gif

gub

Rough_Rock
According to a brochure I have, the largest diamond is the "Great Star of Africa" which weighs in at a mind blowing 530.2 carats, and is among the British Crown Jewels.
eek.gif
eek.gif

According to this the following are the some other famous stones:

The Centenary Diamond --273.85 carats which is listed as the world's largest most modern cut (?) top color, flawless diamond. Cut by Gabi Tolkowsky it took almost three years to complete.

The Regent -- 140.5 carat cushion shaped brilliant once owned by Louis IV and Napolean. It is now on display at the Louvre

The Idol's Eye -- 70.20 carats, flattened pear shaped. It was believed to have been given to the Sultan of Turkey by the Sheik of Kashmir as ransom for the safe return of his daughter who the Sultan had abducted.

The Blue Hope -- 45.52 carats. Owned by Louis XIV, then stolen during thr French Revolution, it showed up in London in 1830, where it was purchased by Henry Phillip Hope. Apparantely this is where the bad lucj started. All of his family died in poverty. The same fate occured for it's next owner, Edward McLean.

Again, not my knowledge here, but cool nonetheless.

Talonnav

Shiny_Rock
If I had $500,000 I certainly wouldn't spend it on that diamond. I laugh when I see the girdle on that diamond. It's so thick!

MeanRex

Rough_Rock
No Wonder I've never seen black diamonds on anywhere but ebay, lol.
And I thought that thing looked like garbage (the bottom looks awful)

Thought it was funny he didn't mention any diamonds that were much bigger than his.

victorbtucker

Rough_Rock
I would like to buy some black diamonds for my brother to cut, he is an amateure cutter.please quote prices.
many thanks Vic Tucker
wavey.gif

Nate

Shiny_Rock
bsflag.gif

I saw the same diamond right here a few weeks ago for $99,999. It had the same name, "Le Panthère Noir". Here is the same diamond again, this time for $39,999. And here it is again for $69,999.

wtf.gif
No one is ever going to buy that!

pqcollectibles

Ideal_Rock
So that's where my girdle went!!!
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif

Nate! You are toooooo much! You are nothing, if not creative!

Up_to_something.gif
11.gif
Up_to_something.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results