shape
carat
color
clarity

40 hours of construction

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

TheDoctor

Shiny_Rock

Here is our latest, totally fabricated (no cast sections) in 22 karat gold that will not bend or distort structurally. Over time, the surface may smear, but we can re-surface and re-engrave as necessary. I just got back from driving 150 miles to meet up with the client as he and his unsuspecting fiancee headed southeast on the way to her parents'' home for a visit, where he''ll ask for her hand.

Roney.jpg

oobiecoo

Ideal_Rock
Pretty!

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock
If I''m being honest, it seems a bit masculine in its proportions - but thats just for me - I hope she loves it.

oldmancoyote

Brilliant_Rock
I guess the high carat gold requires relatively sturdy sections to compensate for the softness - is this right, David?

Also, if I may ask another question - what is the white "core" in the prongs? Is it simply a decorative device or does it reflect a part of the structure/fabrication process?

I really like it (then again, I am a man...)

TheDoctor

Shiny_Rock
Very observant. The entire ring has a white gold skeleton, which provides a solid base upon which to overlay sheets of 22 karat. The photo makes the ring look massive, but it is actually only 3.75 mm wide and 2.3 mm thick in the sides. The sapphire is 4.65 carats, and the ring is a size 5. That might help you understand the actual scale of things.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results