shape
carat
color
clarity

4 vs 6 prong setting

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

benx

Rough_Rock
for a classical setting, which do you guys prefer? which shows off the stone better?

ben

Babylon1023

Rough_Rock
Well, if you want to be technical the 4 pring shows off MORE of the stone better b/c you can get a real good look at the side of the diamond, but the side isn't really that impressive, and on lower color/clarity grades it can show off something that perhaps wasn't visible on the topside. Some mall jeweler (ack!) told me that a six prong will block some light entering in, making it noticably less bright and sparkly, but the good people here on this forum kindly informed me that he was on commission crack cocaine and that topside there will be no difference at all. I'm going for 6 prong b/c it just protects the diamond more from popping out (a rarity in a quality ring, but why not), and from bumping into things and getting slightly chipped (I hear that happens more often). It's your choice. I say browse some jewelery stores and see what you like (even though most of the time the diamonds are crap, it gives you an idea). Good luck!

lawmax

Brilliant_Rock
This has been discussed on the forum. A search may turn up a number of opinions on the topic.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results