shape
carat
color
clarity

4-prong or 6-prong

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

steve_noone

Rough_Rock
Any opinions on 4-prong vs. 6-prong plat. settings for a 1ct round diamond?

I like that a 4-prong shows off more of the stone, but it also makes the stone look kind of square. The 6-prongs makes the diamond look a little bigger (i think) and seems like it would be more secure. Any good reasons to go 1 direction or the other?

Thanks!

steve_noone

Rough_Rock
I'm trying to decide between the Vatche x-prong and the vatche crown settings - any opinions?

rsilvers

Shiny_Rock
I am sure I want 6 because 4 does look square and the prongs are heavy. It also seems more secure as more than 1 would have to fail. It just plain looks better. My grandmother's ring is a .8 ct on a 4 prong Platinum with 4 .05 stones (to bring it to 1 ct "TCW" no doubt), and the mount does make the stone look larger as it is hard to see the edge of the main stone. But if I had a good 1ct I would want it to be floating above a delicate 2.0mm 6 prong.

BEDAZZLED

Shiny_Rock
X-PRONG FOR SURE!!!!!!!!!!!!

My sister has it in a 2CT round. It is beautiful!!!!!!!!!

barry

Shiny_Rock
Steve;

Go with the X-Prong. It's a stunner!

Barry
www.superbcert.com

Denise

Shiny_Rock
Hi Steve,

Nice to see you on Pricescope. I still think the X-Prong in Platinum is the way to go. They are very beautiful.

Denise
www.whiteflash.com:wavey:

GI_xcf802_100_f.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results