shape
carat
color
clarity

4 prong or 6 prong solitaire for 0.78c round diamond

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

firsttimepurchaser

Rough_Rock
For a solitaire engagement ring, I am considering 4 and 6 prong setting to potenially go with a 0.78 c round diamond. Would this size look better with 4 or 6 prong? I am leaning towards 6 prong for added security, but if this diamond is too small to look good (too much coverage of prongs) I could go for 4 prongs, but then maybe a diamond this size wouldn''t look as round as it could without a 6 prong setting... Help???

Snooper

Brilliant_Rock
I was told when considering the number of prongs for my remount that 4 would be adequate for security provided that they''re made properly.

I guess it depends on the look. I always invision a tiffany style ring in a 6 prong, but personally I like 4 prongs more.

JulieN

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Depends on the woman.

firsttimepurchaser

Rough_Rock
Date: 5/20/2006 6:06:21 PM
Author: JulieN
Depends on the woman.

She wants whatever is better. From what I have read 6 prong is marginally more secure so it seems to be the safer choice.

dbgaap

Brilliant_Rock
Yeah, but with a 4 prong, you can see more of the diamond.
I wouldn''t shift from a 4 prong to a 6 prong until the stone gets to be at least 1.5 carats.
Just my opinion.The diamond is so expensive and to carefully chosen.
Enjoy the view!

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
I like seeing more of the diamond and less metal. My ring is done with 4 prongs and is very secure.

dbgaap

Brilliant_Rock
There ya go! Kaleigh has 4 prongs, so can you!
I agree, I love the view.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results