shape
carat
color
clarity

4 prong martini setting for princess studs?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

waynepaik

Rough_Rock
Hi all,

I''ve been reading through this forum about how the martini settings are generally more liked because they sit closer to the ear and show more of the diamond. However, I didn''t see such a setting for princess cut studs. I browsed online and found these settings:

http://www.stuller.com/products/product.aspx?gid=8ae80b7f-9810-4753-b4c6-f827bfb26187&cid=9356bab9-4a9a-4e2a-8986-f2789b46336f

Has anyone had experience with martini settings in princess studs? Does anyone know if they have the same effect as rounds?

Thanks!

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I do not see how those would be an advantage on princess cut stones. The standard settings will have a flat surface against the ear, and that should keep the princess stone from drooping more than those martini settings. And I think you are looking at fairly small stones anyway. Very seriously, the RSG standard settings for princess cuts will be fine. I think you are worried because of the super magnified pictures, but they just don''t look like that in real life.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results