shape
carat
color
clarity

4 Or 6 prong?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

sciencegeek

Shiny_Rock
What I call leaf prongs (wider, then taper towards the stone)

leafprongs.jpg

about2Bengaged

Rough_Rock

This might have been asked before, but should the size of the diamond factor in to whether or not one selects a 4- or 6-prong setting? I think I''d like the security of a 6-prong, but I''m looking to buy a diamond that''s less than 1 carat, and am not sure whether 6 prongs will cover too much of the stone.

Any thoughts? Thanks.

goldengirl

Brilliant_Rock
I prefer the 6-prong setting; 4 prongs can make a round diamond look square.
7.gif

However, the prongs must be carefully done so they DON''T overpower the stone; and, if you''re getting a diamond under, say, 1/2 ct, I wouldn''t do 6-prong.

Otherwise, I think they''re beautiful!!
30.gif

about2Bengaged

Rough_Rock

The range of sizes within my budget is 75-90 points, so I guess 6-prong would work, but there''s a chance it might not. It seems the size of the diamond doesn''t enter most people''s minds when making this decision (hadn''t seen my question posted earlier), and I do prefer the 6 myself. I''m probably just going to buy online and hope for the best.

Thanks for your input.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results