shape
carat
color
clarity

4 ct Elongated Cushion (warm stone)

imallcanadian

Rough_Rock
Would love honest opinions on this 4 ct elongated cushion I recently purchased online. I haven't seen it in person yet, but purchased it because it fit the budget and size and ratio I was looking for. Im not color sensitive and already own a K colored round diamond, albeit one that is much smaller (2.5 cts) in rose gold setting.
I have a 30 day return policy.

Here are the specs:
Lab grown diamond elongated cushion
4.26 cts
J color
VS1
9.74x8.36×5.94mm
Price $5170 usd

Purchased from Rare Carat

Definitely not a diamond or cut expert so any insight would be great.
If I keep it Id like to put it in a simple white gold/platinum solitaire as a setting, but unsure if its too warm to look good.
Ring is for me

Thank you!

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220406-132715_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20220406-132715_Gallery.jpg
    149.9 KB · Views: 9
  • Screenshot_20220406-133334_Drive.jpg
    Screenshot_20220406-133334_Drive.jpg
    60 KB · Views: 11
  • Screenshot_20220406-132642_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20220406-132642_Gallery.jpg
    135.8 KB · Views: 10
  • Screenshot_20220406-132624_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20220406-132624_Gallery.jpg
    287.4 KB · Views: 13

Alybetter

Brilliant_Rock
Cushions are tricky, definitely better to see them in person. You have a return policy so you did what I would’ve done - had it sent to me so I could see it with my own eyes in many different lighting conditions. 5k ain’t bad for a 4+ carat. Actually suspiciously inexpensive, even for lab.

Hard to tell from that video how it’s going to be. But based on the price I wouldn’t have high expectations for this stone.

monipod

Brilliant_Rock
As @Alybetter said, it's best to get the stone in and check. I'm guessing it's a CVD stone? I'm usually an advocate of CVDs but this one does seem to have the brown/grey tint that most people worry about with this type of lab stone. A 'warm' stone should have either a yellow or brown tint, just like mined stones but this is leaning on grey. If it was a 1ct stone I don't think you'd notice it but it's a big stone so you might notice any tint, especially set in white metal. It's hard to say from the video you posted, but it worries me that it's set on a grey background and still looks grey. If you can't have it brought in, could you ask the vendor to send more images/videos in both sunlight and indoor light but on a white background? It might be priced to sell because it does have some grey.

Other than that, it's a nice shape and ratio. It looks a bit mushy though so another good reason to bring it in to see if it sparkles in real life for you.

Don't forget, we're all only going by what info we get. If you bring it in and loooooove it in real life, it doesn't matter too much what we think. You might have yourself a bargain.

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
That is an unbelievably good price for that size Diamond, I hope you love it!

imallcanadian

Rough_Rock
Thanks everyone for your feedback! Ill post updated pics - Fedex update says it should arrive Monday!

imallcanadian

Rough_Rock
As @Alybetter said, it's best to get the stone in and check. I'm guessing it's a CVD stone? I'm usually an advocate of CVDs but this one does seem to have the brown/grey tint that most people worry about with this type of lab stone. A 'warm' stone should have either a yellow or brown tint, just like mined stones but this is leaning on grey. If it was a 1ct stone I don't think you'd notice it but it's a big stone so you might notice any tint, especially set in white metal. It's hard to say from the video you posted, but it worries me that it's set on a grey background and still looks grey. If you can't have it brought in, could you ask the vendor to send more images/videos in both sunlight and indoor light but on a white background? It might be priced to sell because it does have some grey.

Other than that, it's a nice shape and ratio. It looks a bit mushy though so another good reason to bring it in to see if it sparkles in real life for you.

Don't forget, we're all only going by what info we get. If you bring it in and loooooove it in real life, it doesn't matter too much what we think. You might have yourself a bargain.

Thank you! The ratio and size was what caught my eye - then of course the price seemed too good to be true. How would I know if it was CVD vs hpht? I don't believe it says on the IGI report

oncrutchesrightnow

Ideal_Rock
You’ll just have to see it, and take photos, and post them here :)

For the color, if you like it, you like it. If it is grey-ish brown then just make sure the price reflects the color. But don’t let it stop you from buying it if you think it is pretty.

monipod

Brilliant_Rock
Thank you! The ratio and size was what caught my eye - then of course the price seemed too good to be true. How would I know if it was CVD vs hpht? I don't believe it says on the IGI report

I'm currently sporting my earth mined oval that on paper people would stay away from but in real life it's stunning and I love it. I hope your cushion does that for you! Your full IGI report should say if it's CVD or HPHT in smaller print on the left-hand side towards the bottom (from memory). Don't worry about it too much though. I have both and if selected well and if you love it it doesn't matter which process was used.

Runningmama

Shiny_Rock
That is a fantastic price, but that stone is much, much warmer than a J. It does have pretty pink undertones though.

imallcanadian

Rough_Rock
Its here!

Definitely feels more colorless to me than it looked in the initial video -
The cut is more crushed ice than I would prefer but for the price I think its worth keepint and putting in a solitaire.

Video is by dining table lighting and window -

4.26 ct cushion

DorotheaBrooke

Brilliant_Rock
Its here!

The cut is more crushed ice than I would prefer but for the price I think its worth keepint and putting in a solitaire.

4.26 ct cushion

Oh, that looks nice! Much nicer than the vendor's video. I like rose gold!

HerefortheBling

Shiny_Rock
Its here!

4.26 ct cushion

Oh, wow, that looks much nicer than the vendor video! You really got a steal!

Runningmama

Shiny_Rock
Its here!

4.26 ct cushion

That looks SO much better than the video!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results