shape
carat
color
clarity

4 C''''s: Which is most important to you?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

trillionaire

Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/8/2008 9:41:34 PM
Author: Skippy123
Date: 8/8/2008 9:33:10 PM

Author: Lynn B

Aye yi yi yi yi!!!!
23.gif
5.gif
14.gif

Now, to answer the original question -- assuming all are equally well cut and eye-clean, definitely the BIGGEST one, babeeeee!
31.gif
haha I agree w/you.
19.gif

Trillionaire are you still considering a Trillion/Trilliant ering?

Skippy, you were literally reading my mind, I was about to post a Q about Trillion/Trilliant rings just after I checked this thread.

I am 100% pro Trill!
30.gif
Though I could *suffer* an asscher I suppose...
27.gif

I was looking at some numbers today and it's very frustrating with Trillions. I saw cuts in the 30-33% depth range rated as VG cut. That seems terribly shallow. I read that a well cut Trillion should be around 6.5 x 6.5mm, which would put the depth closer to the 50-55% range. It makes my head hurt trying to figure these things out.
39.gif

BUT, I am fairly certain that SO already bought mine
31.gif
, so I guess at this point I am just obsessing? haha, PS is clearly not the place for obsessing over diamonds... never never never.
20.gif

Look at me, Jacking my own thread...
38.gif

ETA: your dog emoti is THE CUTEST!!! My puppy turned one today
23.gif
She is growing up so fast!

Venice

Brilliant_Rock
I vote for the .75 D VVS1

From this day forward, the only way I will go lower in color from an E is if I found a great OMC or OEC stone within an antique setting. I would love a warm stone then. Only then. My opinion. I am really loving Dee*Jay''s new antique stone ring - it is a work of art. I would take that in a heartbeat!!!
18.gif

There is a diamond out there for each of us to get what we want. All sizes, colors and clarities.

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/8/2008 9:51:57 PM
Author: trillionaire

Skippy, you were literally reading my mind, I was about to post a Q about Trillion/Trilliant rings just after I checked this thread.

I am 100% pro Trill!
30.gif
27.gif

I was looking at some numbers today and it''s very frustrating with Trillions. I saw cuts in the 30-33% depth range rated as VG cut. That seems terribly shallow. I read that a well cut Trillion should be around 6.5 x 6.5mm, which would put the depth closer to the 50-55% range. It makes my head hurt trying to figure these things out.
39.gif

31.gif
, so I guess at this point I am just obsessing? haha, PS is clearly not the place for obsessing over diamonds... never never never.
20.gif

38.gif

23.gif
I have trillion side stones, not sure if I told you, if I did, sorry to be a broken record. How exciting; I can''t wait to see it! I judged my trillions with my eyes as I didn''t know numbers on Trillions. Happy Birthday to your doggie!
emcake.gif
I love dogs but don''t have one! I use to; what kind is yours? Again, I am so looking forward to seeing your gorgeous ring
36.gif

risingsun

Ideal_Rock
Tlhis is another way to determine the quality of a diamond, which is based upon the cut parameters:
http://diamonds.pricescope.com/round.asp If the G SI1 is graded as an AGS Ideal 0 and is cut class IA or IB, you know that you have a high quality diamond.

trillionaire

Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/8/2008 10:17:08 PM
Author: Skippy123
Date: 8/8/2008 9:51:57 PM

I am 100% pro Trill!
30.gif
27.gif

I was looking at some numbers today and it's very frustrating with Trillions. I saw cuts in the 30-33% depth range rated as VG cut. That seems terribly shallow. I read that a well cut Trillion should be around 6.5 x 6.5mm, which would put the depth closer to the 50-55% range. It makes my head hurt trying to figure these things out.
39.gif

31.gif
20.gif

38.gif

23.gif
I have trillion side stones, not sure if I told you, if I did, sorry to be a broken record. How exciting; I can't wait to see it! I judged my trillions with my eyes as I didn't know numbers on Trillions. Happy Birthday to your doggie!
emcake.gif
I love dogs but don't have one! I use to; what kind is yours? Again, I am so looking forward to seeing your gorgeous ring
36.gif

She (puppy) is a Rhodesian Ridgeback. They are fantastic dogs, I live my crazy girl.

I have seen hide nor hair of this ring
39.gif
, so it's just a waiting game really. It's so funny, he doesn't know that I suspect anything. He's been so excited lately, it's very cute.

Is your ring on SMTR? I will go look for it, I love to see Trillions!
31.gif

As for this poll, I am sad the poll #'s disappeared and no one seems to know why
39.gif

Imdanny

Ideal_Rock
.85 VVS1 color G

I personally would rather have VS2 or higher.
G is plenty "white" for me. H would be just fine.
I don't care anything about whether a diamond is 1.0 ct or above.

So, there's my choice and comments. :)

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/9/2008 6:01:33 PM

She (puppy) is a Rhodesian Ridgeback. They are fantastic dogs, I live my crazy girl.

I have seen hide nor hair of this ring
39.gif
, so it''s just a waiting game really. It''s so funny, he doesn''t know that I suspect anything. He''s been so excited lately, it''s very cute.

Is your ring on SMTR? I will go look for it, I love to see Trillions!
31.gif

As for this poll, I am sad the poll #''s disappeared and no one seems to know why
39.gif
Our last dog was a RR. They are a great breed! If I ever got another dog, it would be one of these. Enjoy your baby!

And I''m sure if you contacted the mods, they could tell you what happened to the results.

nani565

Shiny_Rock
I would go for the 1.25 :)

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results