shape
carat
color
clarity

4 carat Thai blue sapphire Princess Diana/Kate Middleton Ring

Efleon

Brilliant_Rock
Hi All!
I was visiting my favorite jeweler and this stunning 3.99 carat oval sapphire caught my attention. The second I slipped it on my finger I felt like a princess and was smitten.
I always admired Diana’s sapphire e-ring as the epitome of classic classic classic but I had never tried one on.
This ring has the perfect combination of wowza factor yet it’s still super comfy!
I am seriously considering this ring!
It is GIA certified as heated from Thailand.
I’m wondering if anyone knows about Thai sapphires?
Quality?
I like the navy of this stone. In real life it’s got gorgeous flashes of royal blue. It does look a little different inside but does not black out at all.
Sparkles steady blue inside and lights up like crazy outside.
So all thoughts welcome on the ring and on Thai sapphires in general.
Thanks! 4CB2D3BC-99BD-42CB-8102-BD8B9507186B.jpeg 127D30C5-680C-4995-8895-F3ECF2AC352D.jpeg F10A1524-2094-44CA-887B-8FD0E22B8653.jpeg F677AE26-058C-42F2-81CC-A4306DBDF9C8.jpeg

Bron357

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Very nice.
The proportions are excellent, they didn’t “skimp” on the diamond halo.
Sapphire colour/ tone is always a personal choice, some prefer darker, others pale, other more vivid. If you’re happy with the colour in lower light environments (deeper toned sapphires can look too dark sometimes) why not!
looks like a very wearable ring with heaps of finger presence.

OreoRosies86

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love the diamond halo, very nice. More importantly, a piece of jewelry should come down to how it makes you feel. I’ve owned so many objectively beautiful/quality pieces and been like “meh...” and then others have just made me feel amazing. Stick with what makes you feel amazing and you’ll never go wrong!

Efleon

Brilliant_Rock
Very nice.
The proportions are excellent, they didn’t “skimp” on the diamond halo.
Sapphire colour/ tone is always a personal choice, some prefer darker, others pale, other more vivid. If you’re happy with the colour in lower light environments (deeper toned sapphires can look too dark sometimes) why not!
looks like a very wearable ring with heaps of finger presence.

Thank you @Bron357
I think that’s part of it. That the proportions are right.
I love the diamond halo, very nice. More importantly, a piece of jewelry should come down to how it makes you feel. I’ve owned so many objectively beautiful/quality pieces and been like “meh...” and then others have just made me feel amazing. Stick with what makes you feel amazing and you’ll never go wrong!

Agreed @OreoRosies86 I overlooked this piece for awhile but the minute I put her on my finger it was like “wow, where have you been?!”

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
She looks beautiful on you! in blue sapphires I gravitate to medium blueviolets, and, even lighter vibrant blues because as a brown girl, that's what pops most against my skin. That said, there's a few darker ones that I wouldn't toss out without a try on...lol

I'm glad you found what makes you happy!!

rainbowstarry

Rough_Rock
Gorgeous! Just gorgeous! :kiss2::kiss2: Lucky lady!

Dandi

Ideal_Rock
Premium
It's gorgeous, and looks absolutely perfect on you!

doberman

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you so much everyone!
It’s a RHR.
It really goes with everything.
I’ve passed a “certain age” so dainty doesn’t work for me. This feels nice and comfy for everyday.

Forget about dainty - this is big and beautiful Just fabulous!

Burmesedaze

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Go for what you like and the sapphire ring looks divine on you!

The blue Thai sapphires I've seen my side of the world in Southeast Asia are usually like the one in your ring in terms of colour. It is also a preference in this region among most consumers (barring those on PS).

Here's a read if it helps!

fussykiki

Shiny_Rock
Thank you so much everyone!
It’s a RHR.
It really goes with everything.
I’ve passed a “certain age” so dainty doesn’t work for me. This feels nice and comfy for everyday.

The ring looks gorgeous on you! You should get it before anyone does.

I am at my early 40's, dainty already doesn't work for me. :cry2: Looks weird if i wear something too small.

Efleon

Brilliant_Rock
The ring looks gorgeous on you! You should get it before anyone does.

I am at my early 40's, dainty already doesn't work for me. :cry2: Looks weird if i wear something too small.

I agree. The “inability to carry dainty pieces” phenomena is totally weird and happened pretty quickly. There was a fabulous ruby. 1.33 carats that is perfect pigeons blood color that I’ve coveted for a long time at my jewelers as well. I was all set to go for it but it was just not right on me. I felt like I was wearing someone else’s ring (a daughter if I had one!) and and although the color was exactly what I was looking for, I gave it a pass.
Now....I sincerely hope all my supportive and lovely posters on this thread don’t get upset with me but there was another ring that I just saw yesterday that blew me away!!!
Again, a “bigger” ring but siiigh
I’m just going to throw it up here and see if anyone understands why I fell for it and may have to kick Diana/Kate out of bed (I haven’t decided between these two...)
Here goes!!
3.3 carat Ceylon GIA pink sapphire set in 18k prongs with platinum set 1.44 carats G/VS1 diamonds and 2.16 carats pink sapphires (the sunny hand shot is marred by my big oily fingerprint on the gemstone table sorry. Irl the stone is perfect..... 207E7085-664A-4EE7-8745-CF653327DA76.jpeg

Attachments

• F1440844-0547-4EF4-B5C2-E3EB9ECFC3DB.jpeg
    F1440844-0547-4EF4-B5C2-E3EB9ECFC3DB.jpeg
    209.1 KB · Views: 17
  • C8995F4D-6686-4C05-BEAA-D724BBF09F5E.jpeg
    C8995F4D-6686-4C05-BEAA-D724BBF09F5E.jpeg
    187 KB · Views: 18
  • 58AF9BC8-A949-48CC-8547-87F2ACADB1F4.jpeg
    58AF9BC8-A949-48CC-8547-87F2ACADB1F4.jpeg
    129.9 KB · Views: 15
  • 08B782EF-709C-4267-959B-A468991857FC.jpeg
    08B782EF-709C-4267-959B-A468991857FC.jpeg
    132.9 KB · Views: 19

briolette

Shiny_Rock
OMG. *thud*! Gorgeous!

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
:kiss2: Seriously wowsers!

Ionysis

Brilliant_Rock
OMG!!! That’s awesome. Want!!

landscape

Shiny_Rock
To be honest, this color is a bit dark and has a gray-green hue, not a good color sapphire, but the ring style is very beautiful

My best of both worlds would be a blue sapphire version of the purple/pink ring you posted!! Both rings are lovely but I can see why you’re torn haha I love the blue sapphire generally but the setting of the pink/purple is gorgeous and so different!

Efleon

Brilliant_Rock
Thank you everyone!
All very excellent opinions/advice.
I should add the following.
I saw a tiny gray modifier to the princess Diana ring.
Just a teeny-tiny amount and only when indoors.
The pink sapphire is “purplish-pink” according to GIA and very sparkly vivid pink in real life.
Weirdly. In pictures, it’s the pink sapphire that displays a tiny bit of gray modifier.
But in real life, it’s actually the other way around.
I will say the pink is more expensive.
My jeweler said it came in from an estate with a bunch of high-end designer Jewellery including a lot of Oscar Heyman. To my eye this ring IS Oscar Heyman but no hallmark. It easily could’ve been sized out. Or it’s just my overactive fantasy thinking/wishing. I will say the workmanship is there.
I’m seriously torn so I’m going to throw it out to the PS experts here......

Rfisher

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Does the pink ring have that little of color variance in all the pink sapphire stones to your naked eye,
As it seems to in the photos?

both are very pretty. It’d be hard to choose.
I’d probably lean on the difference in ease of wear vs chance to wear between the two
Then choose based on what I already owned, is there more room for a daily wear ring vs special occasion wear.

Last edited:

femmemannequin

Rough_Rock
phenomenal! the ring is amazing, quite saturated but still amazing! Also the halo looks fantastic , hope the price is good <3 and if so! grab it heh

Mreader

Ideal_Rock
I much prefer the Diana ring bc it’s such a classic wear anywhere ring yet at the same time not dainty. The other one is a bit ostentatious but of course it’s personal preference:)

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
If I had to choice, it would be the pink sapphire for me. Whilst I think the blue sapphire ring is stunning, it’s a recognised style, but the pink is so different that it stands out much more and not necessarily something that you’ll see a lot of other people wearing. That may not be an issue as far as you’re concerned, but I think it’s so much more individual looking piece.

Efleon

Brilliant_Rock
Aaargggg!
Very difficult.
But in the best possible way.
I’m keeping everyone on the loop and thinking constantly.
They are both quite pricey so it’s definitely one or the other.....
ALL feedback very welcome. No worries about offending me because afterall, I didn’t design or make these rings, I simply love them both and must choose....

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results